Arie Schoenmaker to debut?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints58
Club Player

Re: Arie Schoenmaker to debut?

I have one out of left field if king is out play Keeler I know he has been playing as a defender but he is a natural forward and played most of his junior footy as a forward plus he can ruck he came to us as a forward ruck.
I have been watching him at sandy his last game he got 16 disposals,11 kicks 5 handballs 6 marks and 2 tackles he is mobile and moves around the ground well.
Crouch will come in with either Butler, Garcia.
I can not see Ari coming in as yet as we need a forward I know he has played there for the Allies but maybe give him another game in 2s and lets see.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Keeler is on a mission, DC has a plan for him and that is to learn defense at VFL level. For at least the first 10 VFL games. Makes no sense to play him at AFL level as a forward right now. Either for his development or the team.

Caminiti comes in for King if necessary.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

spert wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2024 3:34pm Hope Max gets off with a fine. As far as Arie goes, one good game in the twos doesn't guarantee you much, surely he needs to string a few good games together before considered for senior selection.
Unfortunately we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel. We don’t have the luxury of giving these young guys the chance to string a handful of good games together, because we have no choice but to pick one of them this week.

Unless we’re going to play one short.

Caminiti will presumably come in for Max, and Butler for Henry, then our only other options are old man Tom Campbell, or a handful of kids who have played one game between the lot of them.

Collard (who played that game) had a stinker in the VFL, so you’d think it’s going to be between Schoenmaker and Garcia for that last spot.

Neither are ideal, but them’s the breaks.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I reckon caminiti will play a ripper. He would be desperate to cement a spot in the 1s