Round 2 Tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Round 2 Tickets

Has anyone had any luck getting on to the Ticketek website?

My refresher bar has been updating every 10 seconds saying they are waiting in the queue.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 2 Tickets

I got in and found that the only tickets they had on offer was M50, M51 and Q49. Also General Admission.

It still wouldn't let me buy any of those tickets.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Tue 27 Feb 2024 12:28pm I got in and found that the only tickets they had on offer was M50, M51 and Q49. Also General Admission.

It still wouldn't let me buy any of those tickets.
Did you put in your members bar codes?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Yep, was able to select members and guest passes too. Which is better than last year at the 150th.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else hate Ticketek and the way our Club leaves reserve ticketed members to fend for themselves. Hopeless.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Yes but what are we going to do about it?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 27 Feb 2024 12:33pm Anyone else hate Ticketek and the way our Club leaves reserve ticketed members to fend for themselves. Hopeless.
Tickets will be equivalent to your seating at Marvel - so 2nd row on the wing - I bet I get double letter in the Nose Bleeds.

Eventually got in - Row Q :( :evil: :( was the best I could get.

― Aristophanes

longtimesaint
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 27 Feb 2024 12:37pm
Yorkeys wrote: Tue 27 Feb 2024 12:33pm Anyone else hate Ticketek and the way our Club leaves reserve ticketed members to fend for themselves. Hopeless.
Tickets will be equivalent to your seating at Marvel - so 2nd row on the wing - I bet I get double letter in the Nose Bleeds.

Eventually got in - Row Q :( :evil: :( was the best I could get.
I got through twice after half an hour and put all the barcodes in and then nothing to click to finish the purchase.
The site then timed out!

One year will be our year
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Tue 27 Feb 2024 12:35pm Yes but what are we going to do about it?
Is there any Australian institution now that does not take the mother of all mickeys and charges extra for the inbuilt contempt.
This noon's multi hour exercise was just rubbish.

To answer your question: I am joining the revolution.

And if we play what has become the usual insipid Spud game style on the evening of the 21st of March, I will be cross.

Ironic that all this stress and angst is nominally to help mental health.
Almost as ironic is by upgrading my membership I get shat on from a greater height: no good deed goes unpunished.

Just when you thought satire was dead, this nonsense where there was so much time to prepare and its not close to rocket science for most programmers.

Well played Ticketek, well played Saints Membership. NOT!
Last edited by Yorkeys on Tue 27 Feb 2024 3:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The issue seemed to be different member types in the same order.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Is there not a world where Ticketek says to St Kilda - here are your allocation of 4,000 tickets

St Kilda assigns a seat value - ie First Level Rows 1 - 5 (5) points, Rows 6 - 10 (4) points - Rows 11 - 15 (3) points etc

Then asks for expression of Interest and then matches your seats with the next value on the list.

It should be simples.

― Aristophanes

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Well I just tried to get tickets and was informed there are insufficient tickets left.
That is an up yours to a 30 year plus member who has paid for his membership and social club membership on top.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

What I learned is:

Your membership type is linked to the seats available.

If you want to get tickets and sit with other members, it's not possible unless you have the same type of membership, and any reserved seats in the same area.

Concession tickets are also not able to be used to get 'guest passes'.

So from 4 eligible members, I had to pay for 3 new tickets. Will be raising it with the club directly.

And to help others, if you try and use different membership types/locations together, it will give you the option to buy tickets and then tell you there's no tickets available when you go to purchase them. My advice is try with one barcode and see if it lets you get tickets that way. Then go back and try again with the other barcodes until you get an error.

Saint 58
Club Player

How bad is Ticketek !
Got four tixs but took three attempts
1st time, pay time & I got a screen of computer code
2nd time the same

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
SinCitySainter
Club Player

I have been a St Kilda Social club member for 30 plus years and this year I am finally wondering if I should bother renewing next year. I just purchased tickets to a St Kilda home game. That is why I have a membership so I don't have to buy tickets as all home games are included in the membership price. Well not anymore obviously it looks like now the membership is simply a donation to the club. I know the Social Club membership was simply a donation (I guess you could call it insurance) but the standard membership wasn't.

I was already unhappy with the fact that our first two home games are on a Thursday night. The group I go with contains primary school aged children and footy on a school night makes things very difficult. We are trying to bring the next generation of St Kilda supporters through but the under 12s in our group won't get to see a home game until round 8 and if we start slowly the season could already be over. I don't like Thursday footy as I have to work the next day but for young kids it is an absolute disaster timeslot. Surely, the club have thought about this and would have been up in arms with the AFL over the scheduling. There is a distinct possibility that we will only have one or two wins by round 8, try and get a bunch of kids interested in going in that situation.