I'm tired of it YOY

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm tired of it YOY

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 7:08pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 5:22pm
Saints58 wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 3:27pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 2:33pm
saynta wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 2:25pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 1:45pm I'm going to be as positive as I can, I don't think we can win the flag this year.

Are you referring to the Saints or Carscum ?
What would be your best guess Ray ?

Who is Ray???
Saynta...aka Stinger
For some reason I thought it was Raymond Stinger
Or StingRaymond

Personally I like Saint Raimondo....it's got a real Mexican/Tasmania feel about it.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024 8:56am

the condescending smugness will decend on us and it will be a slog.

I'm not too worried about that with the magician in charge and his "duel narrative", the beauty of which is there will be an excuse for all outcomes.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The only real perpetual condescension is coming from one poster on here. . One guess.

Tommyj
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 1:45pm I'm going to be as positive as I can, I don't think we can win the flag this year.

I feel this opinion leaves adequate wriggle room for a diverse range of positive AND negative outcomes at seasons end...

from being being runners up in the GF to finishing bottom four.

I feel it's an opinion that really complies with community standards for diversity, equity and inclusion.
Are you stoned man

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Tommyj wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024 9:03pm

I feel this opinion leaves adequate wriggle room for a diverse range of positive AND negative outcomes at seasons end...

I feel it's an opinion that really complies with community standards for diversity, equity and inclusion.
Are you stoned man
😂😂. We have to become accustomed to chatbot
Last edited by The Fireman on Mon 19 Feb 2024 10:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 11:08am Year on year is usually an financial term to describe comparisons between years.

In reality, positions 4-14 are very close and I don't think you can even come close to picking a top 8. It will almost certainly come down to luck and injuries.

The comp equalisation strategy is finally working. Until North, GC, and GWS win the next few flags until Tasmania come in and win 3.
North will probably end up being the Tasmanian team. Esp the way this farrago with the new stadium is going.

I can't see Gold Coast making the 8. Their new coach took years to get Richmond going. This will be the one all the tipsters get wrong. Still too reliant on Touk Miller and North kicked 22 goals against them in the final round in Hobart. Beaten us twice in ten seasons ...yeah, nah.

GWS - still too reliant on Toby Green. Remember we beat them every time we played them for four years until the EF.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Mon 19 Feb 2024 10:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Tommyj wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024 9:03pm

Are you stoned man
I might have got a lttile bit too much indica mixed in with tbe sativa at the time of posting, you know the weekend N all.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Hi all, some technical issues have kept me off the board intermittently over the last few days.

It looks to me that in the midst of the back and forth, there’s an on point discussion trying to take place. A consensus of the board seems to be a want of content and less conflict so please move on from this and from harassing the people that we don’t get on with.

That’s the easiest way forward rather than PMs, clipping posts etc which tends to get noses out of joints

NickyDal
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 19 Feb 2024 10:29pm
Otiman wrote: Sun 18 Feb 2024 11:08am Year on year is usually an financial term to describe comparisons between years.

In reality, positions 4-14 are very close and I don't think you can even come close to picking a top 8. It will almost certainly come down to luck and injuries.

The comp equalisation strategy is finally working. Until North, GC, and GWS win the next few flags until Tasmania come in and win 3.
North will probably end up being the Tasmanian team. Esp the way this farrago with the new stadium is going.

I can't see Gold Coast making the 8. Their new coach took years to get Richmond going. This will be the one all the tipsters get wrong. Still too reliant on Touk Miller and North kicked 22 goals against them in the final round in Hobart. Beaten us twice in ten seasons ...yeah, nah.

GWS - still too reliant on Toby Green. Remember we beat them every time we played them for four years until the EF.
Not only can I see Fold Coast making the top 8 I am betting that they finish top 4. Thanks to the corrupt AFL they now have a star studded list. They have a genuine home ground advantage and now have a triple premiership coach to lead them. If the Northern academies' are not dispensed with immediately then it is only a matter of time before the Suns become a perennial top 4 team. How many flags they win over the next 10 years remains to be seen but I can tell you right now, they will win their first flag before we win our second. I hope I am wrong....

NeXus Nick
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Top 4 is our absolute best result. No way we can win the flag, this year I would have thought.

Bottom part of the 8 most likely outcome. Wouldn’t surprise if we were anywhere from 4th to 12th though. So much luck with injuries involved.

Keep King fit, Owens takes another step and members plays a full season, we could surprise a lot of people

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

NickyDal wrote: Wed 21 Feb 2024 3:52pm

Not only can I see Fold Coast making the top 8 I am betting that they finish top 4. Thanks to the corrupt AFL they now have a star studded list. They have a genuine home ground advantage and now have a triple premiership coach to lead them. If the Northern academies' are not dispensed with immediately then it is only a matter of time before the Suns become a perennial top 4 team. How many flags they win over the next 10 years remains to be seen but I can tell you right now, they will win their first flag before we win our second. I hope I am wrong....
I agree with your sentiments, but we have been saying this for years, and they've never finished higher than tenth.

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

We're the Rodney Dangerfield of the AFL. To quote the great man, "I just don't get no respect!"

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Bungle renewal of coach that got you into grand finals; appoint Watters and Richardson; keep letting Richardson fail but hoping otherwise; hopelessly bungle #1 pick; recruit a banged up Hannebrey for big coin; history of folding when games were ours to lose; reappoint Ratts only to replace him months later.
Respect?
People almost felt sorry for the ineptitude. One thing forumites have is we are highly forged hard core after all that.
Finally after years of crap there are green shoots.
However we should not kid ourselves about how external commentators see us. Years of being hopeless leaves lasting perceptions, especially for the superficial in the media.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 22 Feb 2024 10:18am Bungle renewal of coach that got you into grand finals; appoint Watters and Richardson; keep letting Richardson fail but hoping otherwise; hopelessly bungle #1 pick; recruit a banged up Hannebrey for big coin; history of folding when games were ours to lose; reappoint Ratts only to replace him months later.
Respect?
People almost felt sorry for the ineptitude. One thing forumites have is we are highly forged hard core after all that.
However we should not kid ourselves about how external commentators see us. Years of being hopeless leaves lasting perceptions, especially for the superficial in the media.
That pretty much covers it 😆

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Let's face it. North are going to be a bottom six team for a decade.
Goldstein, McKay, Cunnington, Ziebell and Thomas all leaving at once leaves them terribly exposed.
Without those guys and guys like Brown, they are going to struggle for years.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 22 Feb 2024 10:18am Bungle renewal of coach that got you into grand finals; appoint Watters and Richardson; keep letting Richardson fail but hoping otherwise; hopelessly bungle #1 pick; recruit a banged up Hannebrey for big coin; history of folding when games were ours to lose; reappoint Ratts only to replace him months later.
Respect?
Blows my mind that :
Sheldon had a finals run and was sacked shortly after
Alves got us to a GF and 6th or something and sacked immediately after
GT to two PFs and sacked immediately there after…

And Richo outlasted all of them

Saints58
Club Player

NickyDal wrote: Wed 21 Feb 2024 3:52pm

The Northern academy's need to be under the same rules as ours we are able to select any of there players up to pick 40 except GS players then lets see how long it takes GC to wing and say its not fair and then we will have changes.
It will be interesting if Ben King plays like he did last year and for about 8 weeks only got about 3 goals will Hardwick drop he, don't think he is allowed to!