Feb 23 Practice Match vs Injectors

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Feb 23 Practice Match vs Injectors

I don't have Foxtel (can't justify the waste of money)

And I cancelled my Kayo at Rd 23 last yr.

But seeing as the praccy mstches are all live on Fox Footy+Kayo,
I will restart my Kayo in 2 wks
And I cannot wait to see the lads in action.

Practice matches aren't the real thing, but we'll get to see some young guys who won't play senior footy this year.
We'll see them in a more intense setting than intraclub.

Looking forward to it...
And my 2024 pack has been delayed but it should arrive just before Feb 23

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the β€πŸ€πŸ–€ and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Feb 23 Practice Match vs Injectors

WellardSaint wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 2:10am I don't have Foxtel (can't justify the waste of money)

Practice matches aren't the real thing, but we'll get to see some young guys who won't play senior footy this year.

Looking forward to it...
I think I read on here, a poster saying the Club had some deal with Kayo this season & it costs less than Kayo normal subscription . Kayo have just advised they are putting up their subs from mid February. I’d check it out with the club if there is a deal with Kayo.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I believe if you are not a member and want to be you can get a digital membership from the club at $42.50 a month or $255 annually. Not much incentive there other than loyalty but if that was your incentive you'd already have a membership.

Kayo is currently $25 a month through telstra for one device or $35 for 2 but you will need Dolby Digital and greater than 25Mps broadband for uninterrupted viewing in 4K if your device or TV supports HD.

I find that mirroring from a good phone or tablet is better than WiFi to most cheapk smart TV's but I'd invest in an ethernet cable to set your TV up with direct broadband.

Foxtel is just a rip off.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Foxtel prices are going up on the 1st of March.

I've recently received the email. :twisted:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
Saint 58
Club Player

Forever known as the Injectors πŸ˜‚

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 3:26am
WellardSaint wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 2:10am I don't have Foxtel (can't justify the waste of money)

Looking forward to it...
I think I read on here, a poster saying the Club had some deal with Kayo this season & it costs less than Kayo normal subscription . Kayo have just advised they are putting up their subs from mid February. I’d check it out with the club if there is a deal with Kayo.
Nice to hear from you, Loris πŸ˜‚

I did a search on 'Kayo' but failed to find the post.

I recall that in 2022, Kayo was 1/2 price for Telstra customers, which suited me. Then that deal stopped in Feb 2023.

I'll have to use Kayo live chat and talk to a bot to find out if cheaper deal can be wrangled.
😎

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the β€πŸ€πŸ–€ and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 3:37am I believe if you are not a member and want to be you can get a digital membership from the club at $42.50 a month or $255 annually. Not much incentive there other than loyalty but if that was your incentive you'd already have a membership.

Kayo is currently $25 a month through telstra for one device or $35 for 2 but you will need Dolby Digital and greater than 25Mps broadband for uninterrupted viewing in 4K if your device or TV supports HD.

I find that mirroring from a good phone or tablet is better than WiFi to most cheapk smart TV's but I'd invest in an ethernet cable to set your TV up with direct broadband.

Matter of opinion. I personally wouldn't be without it.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Looking forward to it...
Almost all of the clubs have a digital membership that includes Kayo, some of these prices have changed since mid Jan but should be roughly the same I imagine

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I got a digital membership for Kayo on top of my normal membership, saves some cash and supports the club.

Voucher is a 12 month subscription from date of activation, but needs to be activated before November 2024.

cps
Club Player

From what I can see, Kayo One is staying at $25/month. Only one device and no 4K.

Cheers!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 10:32am
CQ SAINT wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 3:37am I believe if you are not a member and want to be you can get a digital membership from the club at $42.50 a month or $255 annually. Not much incentive there other than loyalty but if that was your incentive you'd already have a membership.

Fair call. I just don't watch much on TV and only want the AFL. I had Foxtel for 15 years at about $1800 a year with my Internet and when the youngest kids got smart TV's I discovered no one had been watching it for about 3 years.

They want Stan and Netflix and wife and I have Binge, the grandkids have Disney Channel and I pay for Kayo for 6 months for under $1000 and we got Starlink on a good deal, which so much better than FTTH and it goes with me in the caravan too. No more house phone. I don't even receive mail any more. Haha

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Binge is gold. I love it. Tried it pre Xmas on a special offer of just $2 per month.

Great t.v shows plus movies plus nearly all the 'surplus' live channels you normally get on Foxtel (that's roughly 35 LIVE channels)

Standard price for Binge is only $10 per MTH for 1 device

I've been on Kayo for about 6 years I think. Netflix for about 5 years.

Had the AFL channel on Telstra T.V before that... really pissed off when they got rid of that! It had a huge archive of matches dating back probably 20+ years as well as all the other footy content.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I got onto the Saints App and did a live chat with a Membership person, about Digital Membership.

I'm not able to afford what some folks on here can afford, so I'll keep my interstate membership, which gives me access to one WA game (club plays here twice this yr) and I'll pay $25/mth for Kayo.

Thanks to you all for awesome input

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 3:04pm
saynta wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 10:32am

Fair call. I just don't watch much on TV and only want the AFL. I had Foxtel for 15 years at about $1800 a year with my Internet and when the youngest kids got smart TV's I discovered no one had been watching it for about 3 years.

They want Stan and Netflix and wife and I have Binge, the grandkids have Disney Channel and I pay for Kayo for 6 months for under $1000 and we got Starlink on a good deal, which so much better than FTTH and it goes with me in the caravan too. No more house phone. I don't even receive mail any more. Haha
We have Foxtel, the full package, Stan, Disney, Netflix, Prime and Paramount. I think Binge comes with foxtel but have never really checked it out.

Add the internet and my smart phone, I must be forking out a small fortune each month but have never tried to add them all up. Probably would get a real shock and a wake up call.

Oh well. It's only money and you are only here once.

nobhead
Club Player

bobmurray wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 9:34am Foxtel prices are going up on the 1st of March.

True but if you ring them and tell them u want to cancel it ,they will give you a sweatheart deal to keep you as a customer.thats what i did yesterday.
Ps be prepared to wait up to an hour on hold.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

nobhead wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 7:50pm
bobmurray wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 9:34am Foxtel prices are going up on the 1st of March.

True but if you ring them and tell them u want to cancel it ,they will give you a sweatheart deal to keep you as a customer.thats what i did yesterday.
Ps be prepared to wait up to an hour on hold.
Well done.

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 10:55am

Looking forward to it...
Almost all of the clubs have a digital membership that includes Kayo, some of these prices have changed since mid Jan but should be roughly the same I imagine

Why do GWS supporters get subsidised Kayo prices? πŸ€”

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 9:23pm
shrodes wrote: ↑Fri 09 Feb 2024 10:55am

Looking forward to it...

Why do GWS supporters get subsidised Kayo prices? πŸ€”
I'd hazard a guess that the membership is the free bit. Hahaha