DFC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: DFC

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 25 Jan 2024 11:45am
It's quite irrational to suggest the DFC to somehow in some mysterious fashion have an impact on the St Kilda team's on-field performance, they are two separate entities occupying the Linton Street oval, nothing more.
You clearly you don’t understand the contribution to our on field fortunes and if you take your thinking through to its conclusion then you would also believe that other non playing club departments such as the board and admin also don’t contribute to onfield success?

Sanctorum
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Thu 25 Jan 2024 1:01pm
It's quite irrational to suggest the DFC to somehow in some mysterious fashion have an impact on the St Kilda team's on-field performance, they are two separate entities occupying the Linton Street oval, nothing more.
You clearly you don’t understand the contribution to our on field fortunes and if you take your thinking through to its conclusion then you would also believe that other non playing club departments such as the board and admin also don’t contribute to onfield success?
Get your facts straight Vortex before you mouth off at what I wrote.

DFC, unlike the club's board and admin, is not part of St Kilda FC, it's a separate entity FCS!!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 25 Jan 2024 4:48pm

DFC, unlike the club's board and admin, is not part of St Kilda FC, it's a separate entity FCS!!
It’s a club controlled entity, not seperate at all, not even close me ole mate.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 25 Jan 2024 6:57am The StK training facilities were built before the DFC funding.

Dr Ben Robbins worked for StK before the DfC was built and worked for StK FC not the DFC

Link to me seems to be the pool - that’s it!

Maybe money - if we are charging for its use?

The grand stand is nice - but doesn’t make us a better team
The funding and building was planned in stages.

We are the tenant, our needs were taken care of first, but there had to be a viable business plan behind all the government funding.

Robbins was hired because of the planning for DFC and after its first initiative, a research partnership with the Turner Institute for Brain and Mental Health was established, Robbins moved on

Ground breaking research and rather relevant to the plight of the AFL and Danny himself. Wouldn't you think.

Dr Robbins is a sports researcher with a PhD in Psychology. Don't take a prescription from him, it won't work.

Ridiculous and naive argument, if you ask me.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Thu 25 Jan 2024 5:33pm

I've not seen anything to suggest STKFC "controls" DFC but regardless, I still maintain that the Centre has no bearing whatsoever on the club's football operations or future success of the team.

It is ludicrous to say DFC has any impact whatsoever on what happens on-field or the team's performance in the forthcoming season.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Fri 26 Jan 2024 1:18pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 25 Jan 2024 5:33pm

I've not seen anything to suggest STKFC "controls" DFC but regardless, I still maintain that the Centre has no bearing whatsoever on the club's football operations or future success of the team.

It is ludicrous to say DFC has any impact whatsoever on what happens on-field or the team's performance in the forthcoming season.
Just becaue you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, point one.

Bassett said:

as a result of the 2022 Football Program Review which highlighted the need to elevate our Football Department and place football at the heart of everything we do, which we hope will see St Kilda competing for Premierships before too long.

....Point two

An extract from the statement by the club in relation to the recent HS article that accused tbe club of profiting from the DFC:

as well as occupying office space within the Danny Frawley Centre building. Given the significant resources and services provided to the DFCC by the Club, it is the intention and agreement of both parties that the Club will receive appropriate payment for the provision of the services

...point three

As previously outlined earlier in this thread, these types of "NFP" arrangements are set up as win-win outcomes.

We are not just running a charity for the sake of running a charity, there has to be something in it for the club and the bloody club is in the business of winning premierships, clearly we aren't that good at it but I hope you now understand the DFC is supposed to help us win a flag.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Fri 26 Jan 2024 1:56pm
Just becaue you haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, point one.

Bassett said:

as a result of the 2022 Football Program Review which highlighted the need to elevate our Football Department and place football at the heart of everything we do, which we hope will see St Kilda competing for Premierships before too long.

....Point two

An extract from the statement by the club in relation to the recent HS article that accused tbe club of profiting from the DFC:

as well as occupying office space within the Danny Frawley Centre building. Given the significant resources and services provided to the DFCC by the Club, it is the intention and agreement of both parties that the Club will receive appropriate payment for the provision of the services

...point three

As previously outlined earlier in this thread, these types of "NFP" arrangements are set up as win-win outcomes.

We are not just running a charity for the sake of running a charity, there has to be something in it for the club and the bloody club is in the business of winning premierships, clearly we aren't that good at it but I hope you now understand the DFC is supposed to help us win a flag.
Pray tell, which of your 3 points exactly spells out that Bassat or anyone else says the DFC will contribute to St Kilda's on-field success.

'That's no more than a figment of your imagination, supposition as opposed to facts!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Fri 26 Jan 2024 2:08pm
Vortex wrote: Fri 26 Jan 2024 1:56pm

Bassett said:

....Point two

...point three

Pray tell, which of your 3 points exactly spells out that Bassat or anyone else says the DFC will contribute to St Kilda's on-field success.

'That's no more than a figment of your imagination, supposition as opposed to facts!
I can only lead a naive person to the well, I can't help it if they choose to drown themselves.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

https://www.stkbusiness.com.au/about-us

That might clear up any confusion about who controls the Danny Frawley Centre.

As for the onfield success, we haven't had any since 1966. When we had more financial credibility due to our location amd business model, we had creative administrators and brand new assets to lift the profile of our club.

Ring a bell?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

https://www.stkbusiness.com.au/about-us

Please feel free to apologise at any time for mouthing off and getting your facts wrong.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

How does helping Joe Blow down the street with his mental health - contribute to on field success?

Unless we are making money out of it!

Which I hope we are

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 26 Jan 2024 9:37pm How does helping Joe Blow down the street with his mental health - contribute to on field success?

Unless we are making money out of it!

Which I hope we are
It provides resources and money to the club, not the profit kind though, just the resources kind....wink wink nudge nudge.

The AFL has these complex business arrangements all over the country.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I'm guessing you didn't know that it attracted more than $20m in funding including over $15m funding from state and federal government, so we can train there.

Without the DFC, that wouldn't have happened.

Your inane questions and petulant repetitions of the same questions is very amusing. Perhaps you could read the financial reports over the last few years and check out our growth in elite training plant and equipment. Seriously.

You might have noticed we won a few last year and played finals but that was just coincidence, right?
You're making a clown of yourself but please, tell me again how the 25 m pool being built first means the rest doesn't count.

Here, read this or maybe go get an adult to help you.
https://www.saints.com.au/news/1473765/ ... ial-result

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Does that financial statement suggest the DFC is a St Kilda Football Club asset?

If the DFC is our assett does that mean it is also an "entity" controlled by St Kilda football club?

Sanctorum wrote:

Facts, mouth-off....apology...over to you Sanctorum.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sat 27 Jan 2024 8:28am Does that financial statement suggest the DFC is a St Kilda Football Club asset?

If the DFC is our assett does that mean it is also an "entity" controlled by St Kilda football club?

Sanctorum wrote:

I'm assuming if we didn't partner with the DFC, then it would still exist and Hawthorn would move it down to the swamp and would call it the Peter Crimmins Centre for Cancer and Mental Health research and it would partner with the Kennedy Centre.

Then they get there stadium build funded with another $20m, except they would be able to pay the rest in cash and leave us unable to afford to fill and clean the 25m pool.

Just an educated guess though. Not completely sure.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 27 Jan 2024 9:15am
Vortex wrote: Sat 27 Jan 2024 8:28am Does that financial statement suggest the DFC is a St Kilda Football Club asset?

Sanctorum wrote:

I'm assuming if we didn't partner with the DFC, then it would still exist and Hawthorn would move it down to the swamp and would call it the Peter Crimmins Centre for Cancer and Mental Health research and it would partner with the Kennedy Centre.

Then they get there stadium build funded with another $20m, except they would be able to pay the rest in cash and leave us unable to afford to fill and clean the 25m pool.

Just an educated guess though. Not completely sure.
I think that's a very good and accurate guess although I think the Hawks would name it "The Jeff Kennett Centre for Badly Behaved Humans".

And the JKCBBH would provide services to the elites on how to dwindle the public out if their public utilities and assets all the meanwhile convincing the taxpayers its a win for the common folk. He'd also run classes on how to get the public hooked on gambling to raise taxes and bring in cash to sporting clubs that enjoy tax free exeptions so the government doesn't have to provide funding. Then to cleanse his dodgy image he'd latch onto a mental health NFP to virtual signal to all the people affected by mental health from gambling addiction.

Win-win

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The club has done the hard yards taking a stand on Racism, Equity and Inclusion and now is positioned extremely strongly, through the DFC, to be a clear leader in the sports industry in brain research.

Considering Peter Jess' proposal put forward to the AFLPA to recommend, collect and distribute a $2bn compensation fund for AFL footballers who suffer concussion and our partnerships with Monash to be a centre where this specific mental health research will take place, the fee for service offshoots and contractual agreements for the Centre to do its work and pay its own way, would mean significant profit for our club These facilities, don't come cheap.

However, we again are all ready ahead of the game in these woke, waste of time areas, including racism, equity and inclusion with our

Junior Football Development programs and catchments area.
https://www.stkacademy.com.au/stk-acade ... g-programs
Pride Match
https://www.saints.com.au/pride
Danny's game
https://au.movember.com/story/spud-s-game, and
Maddy's Match
https://www.mrv.org.au/

we have a proven record of being a leader in the industry and have proven we are committed to the well being of not only our players, employees but we provide services and play a leading role in the commu ities within our Community Development areas.

The Danny Frawley Foundation will not only prosper, it will expand and the club will go with it.

Sanctorum
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 26 Jan 2024 11:45pm I'm guessing you didn't know that it attracted more than $20m in funding including over $15m funding from state and federal government, so we can train there.

Your inane questions and petulant repetitions of the same questions is very amusing. Perhaps you could read the financial reports over the last few years and check out our growth in elite training plant and equipment. Seriously.

You might have noticed we won a few last year and played finals but that was just coincidence, right?
You're making a clown of yourself but please, tell me again how the 25 m pool being built first means the rest doesn't count.

Your belittling condescension and offensive comment about my character in the course of this debate is something I did not expect to hear from you CQ Saint!

Nonetheless I was clearly mistaken because having read the financial statements on the link you provided I acknowledge that indeed I misunderstood the club's relationship with DFC and withdraw unreservedly criticisms of other forumites in regard to this matter.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sat 27 Jan 2024 11:49am

Nonetheless I was clearly mistaken because having read the financial statements on the link you provided I acknowledge that indeed I misunderstood the club's relationship with DFC and withdraw unreservedly criticisms of other forumites in regard to this matter.

And back to the HS article, does it really matter if we are profiting from the DFC, I'd be highly disappointed if we weren't as we need to continue to find strong revenue streams so we can compete in the soft cap arms race with the rich clubs.

Finding innovative revenue streams is the only way we will become relevant over a continued and sustainable life span.

And being financially strong is as important as having a strong recruitment department and to that end Bassett's role at the club is as important as Ross's and the players taking the field. There is a direct link to onfield performance and our chances of winning flags.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sat 27 Jan 2024 11:49am
CQ SAINT wrote: Fri 26 Jan 2024 11:45pm I'm guessing you didn't know that it attracted more than $20m in funding including over $15m funding from state and federal government, so we can train there.

Your belittling condescension and offensive comment about my character in the course of this debate is something I did not expect to hear from you CQ Saint!

Who is talking to you. I'd have quoted if I was. I didn't, because the bloke I was talking to doesn't need it.

Grab yourself a hanky.

Your beef was with Vort. Not me. The other bloke went silent, his post was 2 before mine.

You're forgiven.