Training Wednesday 13th

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Training Wednesday 13th

saintly wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 4:51pm
NickyDal wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 4:08pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 4:02pm
Saintmatt wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 3:31pm
I think Hammer has been on the same chest/shoulders/arms diet that Pou and Owens are on. He's definitely put some decent size on that big frame of his. Still a whole head shorter than Max but that new body shape with his natural aggression will make for some spicy match ups.
This excites me, our forward line needs some muscle and aggression strutting around making the opposition think twice about what space they move into.
I'm not convinced with Caminiti. I think he will have a similar career to Justin Koschitzke. He will tease us without ever becoming an "A" grader. Just like Kosi, he is too clumsy IMHO. I hope I am wrong....

the difference being Kosi was pick 1, and Camniti was preseason, pick 100, what ever we get out of him, is a straight bonus.
Pick 2, and we were lucky he was still available!

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
NickyDal
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 9:20am
chook23 wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 5:27pm
Otiman wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 5:11pm Ross is certainly talking about Caminiti in the same breath as Owens, Windhager, Mattaes and Nasiah.

Holds him in high regard, possibly higher than King.
I doubt he has a higher regard for Caminiti
Agree.

I think RTB was very impressed with how Caminiti performed early last season considering where he had come from. He talked about this a few times during last season. Did he even have a pre season? He was always going to struggle in the second half of the year. Reckon he has high expectations from him and that he is part of that future brigade he mentioned.

King is a different story. Hopefully, they complement each other going forward.

On a related note, can King, Membrey, Sharman, Caminiti, Owens and Phillipou all play in the same forward line? Someone has to miss out.
I don't want to be the one that kills Bambi but I reckon Membrey should only play if we are hit by injuries. All the other guys are young and our future and we need them to be playing together as much as possible.

NeXus Nick
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Tim and Missy to have a kick off to decide who starts?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

NickyDal wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 12:48pm
Otiman wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 5:11pm Ross is certainly talking about Caminiti in the same breath as Owens, Windhager, Mattaes and Nasiah.

Agree.

I think RTB was very impressed with how Caminiti performed early last season considering where he had come from. He talked about this a few times during last season. Did he even have a pre season? He was always going to struggle in the second half of the year. Reckon he has high expectations from him and that he is part of that future brigade he mentioned.

On a related note, can King, Membrey, Sharman, Caminiti, Owens and Phillipou all play in the same forward line? Someone has to miss out.
I don't want to be the one that kills Bambi but I reckon Membrey should only play if we are hit by injuries. All the other guys are young and our future and we need them to be playing together as much as possible.
Why may I ask?

NickyDal
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 2:44pm
NickyDal wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 12:48pm

Agree.

Why may I ask?
As above...

NeXus Nick
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Sidebottom and Pendlebury seem to suggest otherwise. The race is not always to the youth. It takes a village......

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Thu 14 Dec 2023 9:53am
saintly wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 4:51pm
NickyDal wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 4:08pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 4:02pm
Saintmatt wrote: Wed 13 Dec 2023 3:31pm
I think Hammer has been on the same chest/shoulders/arms diet that Pou and Owens are on. He's definitely put some decent size on that big frame of his. Still a whole head shorter than Max but that new body shape with his natural aggression will make for some spicy match ups.
This excites me, our forward line needs some muscle and aggression strutting around making the opposition think twice about what space they move into.
I'm not convinced with Caminiti. I think he will have a similar career to Justin Koschitzke. He will tease us without ever becoming an "A" grader. Just like Kosi, he is too clumsy IMHO. I hope I am wrong....

the difference being Kosi was pick 1, and Camniti was preseason, pick 100, what ever we get out of him, is a straight bonus.
Pick 2, and we were lucky he was still available!
:lol: :lol:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
nostalgicsaint
Club Player

If Hammer can have the career Kosi did I'll personally be thrilled.

The idea that that would be a poor result is absurd.

Disclaimer: posts are my views and shouldn't be taken as fact, even if I am in fact right.