Mason wood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sks023
Club Player

Mason wood

The unlaced podcast ,Mason Wood

Last edited by sks023 on Wed 06 Dec 2023 7:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mason wood

Thanks, this came up in my feed today too. A great watch/listen and good insight into the bloke and his hardships.

"More MRI's than games played"

sks023
Club Player

Gave a great insight into Brad Hill ...we're so lucky to have him , Brad Hill that is

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

This was a ripper podcast. Lots of insight into Ross, Mason Woods journey, Brad Hill and NWM.

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

It would have been even more interesting and enjoyable if the halfwit hosting it would've just shut up and let Mason do the talking!

He kept interrupting, talked over his subject, and interjected with meaningless and irrelevant anecdotes.

Someone should have a word in his ear and tell him to shut up and let the viewers watch and listen to his guest.

The sad thing with these podcasts and most of the AFL content created these days, is anyone with a phone or camera can produce something like this.

The same with Saints TV. The guy that hosts that just rambles on, is excruciatingly boring, hasn't a clue where the camera is, and is completely amateurish when it comes to production values.

Seriously, these guys look, sound and produce a product that might have been made by a pair of year 8 students for a school project (apologies to all the year 8 students out there).

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Thu 07 Dec 2023 5:59pm It would have been even more interesting and enjoyable if the halfwit hosting it would've just shut up and let Mason do the talking!

He kept interrupting, talked over his subject, and interjected with meaningless and irrelevant anecdotes.

Someone should have a word in his ear and tell him to shut up and let the viewers watch and listen to his guest.

The sad thing with these podcasts and most of the AFL content created these days, is anyone with a phone or camera can produce something like this.

The same with Saints TV. The guy that hosts that just rambles on, is excruciatingly boring, hasn't a clue where the camera is, and is completely amateurish when it comes to production values.

Seriously, these guys look, sound and produce a product that might have been made by a pair of year 8 students for a school project (apologies to all the year 8 students out there).
Let us know when you start one up, i'll have a listen.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Thu 07 Dec 2023 5:59pm It would have been even more interesting and enjoyable if the halfwit hosting it would've just shut up and let Mason do the talking!

Alright Nicky… bit too much what you posted.

First I agree with the podcast host.

But don’t bag Jakey from Saints TV. Done a lot for the saints community. I think you were being too harsh. It’s not like I’ve seen you on YouTube making this stuff. If you think you are better go ahead and do it otherwise shut up.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The content was actually very high in patches where Mason put some meat on the bone around game plan and player roles.

However I too also found myself being annoyed with the interruptions so maybe if the host tidies that area up of his format and continues to find guests as articulate as Mason and who are as open as Mason then I think it's got potential as a sports podcast.

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Thu 07 Dec 2023 8:17pm

Seriously, these guys look, sound, and produce a product that might have been made by a pair of year 8 students for a school project (apologies to all the year 8 students out there).

But don’t bag Jakey from Saints TV. It did a lot for the Saints community. I think you were being too harsh. It’s not like I’ve seen you on YouTube making this stuff. If you think you are better go ahead and do it otherwise shut up.
I didn't think you'd fall into using such logical fallacies, TheGreatZacsby. What anything I've done on Youtube has to do with the s*** standard of Jakey's videos is completely irrelevant. It was predictable as it was illogical.

You iced the cake with the tired and overused cliche, "If you think you can do better go ahead and do it better or shut up."

I expected better. Have you ever criticized anyone, such as a politician or a football coach? If you no doubt did, did you demand they step aside while you did better?" Nobody would express opinions in the first place if they believed they had to back it up with action. I also didn't say I could do better (I do know some people who could, but more of that later) if we are to use your logic, we may as well just shut up next time we want to criticize someone or express an opinion.

I'm not sure what Jakey's significant achievements for the Saints' community have been, and I have no doubt he loves the Saints, but going on his videos, I'd say he loves himself more.

BTW I write for a living and have done for the best part of 20 years and in the past my career has included stints in radio and teaching students at RMIT in all aspects of media production and the like.

In fact, I was going to suggest that we could use the post-grad. students to produce a few videos for the club as part of their ongoing assessments. They'd do it for free and produce segments to a professional standard. They have a couple of proper studios at their disposal, and all the lighting/camera/video and editing equipment needed.

They've produced segments for all the free-to-air channels as well as shows for Foxtel, so you can believe the standard of their work is very high.

I do like your posts on here, TGZ, and I find them interesting and entertaining, generally speaking.

I have nothing personal against Jakey. He is a fellow saint, after all. As for your assertion, that I was being too harsh, that's a reasonable criticism I'm quite willing to accept. I'll tone it down a bit next time.

Finally, I would offer to do better, but I simply haven't got the time. Work, youngish family, etc. keep me busy. I'm flat out and barely get time to post on here. Take it as a compliment that I have taken the time to compose this lengthy reply. It's a sign of respect. Cheers.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

There are a lot of Nick dal Santo's on this forum lately.

I wonder if Jakey could get them all on Saints Tv at the same time for a chat.

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
diddley
Club Player

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Thu 07 Dec 2023 10:00pm

Seriously, these guys look, sound, and produce a product that might have been made by a pair of year 8 students for a school project (apologies to all the year 8 students out there).

But don’t bag Jakey from Saints TV. It did a lot for the Saints community. I think you were being too harsh. It’s not like I’ve seen you on YouTube making this stuff. If you think you are better go ahead and do it otherwise shut up.
I didn't think you'd fall into using such logical fallacies, TheGreatZacsby. What anything I've done on Youtube has to do with the s*** standard of Jakey's videos is completely irrelevant. It was predictable as it was illogical.

You iced the cake with the tired and overused cliche, "If you think you can do better go ahead and do it better or shut up."

I expected better. Have you ever criticized anyone, such as a politician or a football coach? If you no doubt did, did you demand they step aside while you did better?" Nobody would express opinions in the first place if they believed they had to back it up with action. I also didn't say I could do better (I do know some people who could, but more of that later) if we are to use your logic, we may as well just shut up next time we want to criticize someone or express an opinion.

I'm not sure what Jakey's significant achievements for the Saints' community have been, and I have no doubt he loves the Saints, but going on his videos, I'd say he loves himself more.

BTW I write for a living and have done for the best part of 20 years and in the past my career has included stints in radio and teaching students at RMIT in all aspects of media production and the like.

In fact, I was going to suggest that we could use the post-grad. students to produce a few videos for the club as part of their ongoing assessments. They'd do it for free and produce segments to a professional standard. They have a couple of proper studios at their disposal, and all the lighting/camera/video and editing equipment needed.

They've produced segments for all the free-to-air channels as well as shows for Foxtel, so you can believe the standard of their work is very high.

I do like your posts on here, TGZ, and I find them interesting and entertaining, generally speaking.

I have nothing personal against Jakey. He is a fellow saint, after all. As for your assertion, that I was being too harsh, that's a reasonable criticism I'm quite willing to accept. I'll tone it down a bit next time.

Finally, I would offer to do better, but I simply haven't got the time. Work, youngish family, etc. keep me busy. I'm flat out and barely get time to post on here. Take it as a compliment that I have taken the time to compose this lengthy reply. It's a sign of respect. Cheers.
Interesting you have such opinions on members of this forum when you have only been a member for a week now.
And for someone who hasn’t got a lot of time, that is a very long response.

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

diddley wrote: Thu 07 Dec 2023 10:33pm

Interesting you have such opinions on members of this forum when you have only been a member for a week now.
Hi diddley, your post suggests you are somewhat skeptical about the content of my post and my motives for posting it. Am I reading too much into it?

Yes, I've only been registered for 9 days, but I've been reading the forum since the start of the year. I've had plenty of time to form opinions on various posters. Some are very clever, informative (Tony 74), funny, and witty, while a few come across as provocative, pain-in-the-arse trolls.

I have only posted 6 times since getting on board, with my reply to TGZ being by far the longest of those. I took some time and put some thought into my reply to him as a show of respect for a poster whose posts I have enjoyed in general. Just as I'm now doing for you.

Like most on here, I'm pretty time-poor, as I have a young family and a demanding job. I like coming on here after I've finished all other commitments for the day, to unwind, get information, and have a laugh.

I hope that clears up any ambiguity about my exchange with TGZ. I know I criticized Jakey and the other podcaster host. Just my opinion. Do you know if they post on here and what their nicks are if they do?

Would you please clarify the intent of your reply as I don't want to get off on the wrong foot or give the wrong impression? Cheers.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Thu 07 Dec 2023 11:53pm

Hi diddley, your post suggests you are somewhat skeptical about the content of my post and my motives for posting it. Am I reading too much into it?

Yes, I've only been registered for 9 days, but I've been reading the forum since the start of the year. I've had plenty of time to form opinions on various posters. Some are very clever, informative (Tony 74), funny, and witty, while a few come across as provocative, pain-in-the-arse trolls.

I have only posted 6 times since getting on board, with my reply to TGZ being by far the longest of those. I took some time and put some thought into my reply to him as a show of respect for a poster whose posts I have enjoyed in general. Just as I'm now doing for you.

Like most on here, I'm pretty time-poor, as I have a young family and a demanding job. I like coming on here after I've finished all other commitments for the day, to unwind, get information, and have a laugh.

I hope that clears up any ambiguity about my exchange with TGZ. I know I criticized Jakey and the other podcaster host. Just my opinion. Do you know if they post on here and what their nicks are if they do?

Would you please clarify the intent of your reply as I don't want to get off on the wrong foot or give the wrong impression? Cheers.
I stopped reading your last post 3 sentences in because of all your verbal nonsense.

You sound like a real delight in real life.

Stop bagging Jakey from Saints TV is all I’m saying. He’s come a long way with his YouTube videos and provides a lot of good content. I for one really rate his videos and he often has some inside scoop every now and then. Same goes for Saintmike, Tony74 and dare I say it at time B.M when he hasn’t had a meltdown.

For someone who is time poor you seem to have a lot of time writing long posts criticising everyone and everything. Must be hard being a keyboard warrior and raising kids.

outside66
Club Player

Tall poppy syndrome well and truly alive! Take note forumites; Unless you have graduated from NDSC's academy of fart-sniffing, don't you dare consider putting yourself out there to try and give Saints fans extra content!

NickyDal
Club Player

bobmurray wrote: Thu 07 Dec 2023 10:25pm There are a lot of Nick dal Santo's on this forum lately.

I wonder if Jakey could get them all on Saints Tv at the same time for a chat.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NeXus Nick
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It’s not supposed to be the 7:30 report!

It’s two way banter and supposed to be entertainment, not a serious interview.

The excited fan is part of the show.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Fri 08 Dec 2023 7:40am

I stopped reading your last post 3 sentences in because of all your verbal nonsense.

Stop bagging Jakey from Saints TV is all I’m saying. He’s come a long way with his YouTube videos and provides a lot of good content. I for one really rate his videos and he often has some inside scoop every now and then. Same goes for Saintmike, Tony74 and dare I say it at time B.M when he hasn’t had a meltdown.

For someone who is time poor you seem to have a lot of time writing long posts criticising everyone and everything. Must be hard being a keyboard warrior and raising kids.
I clearly overrated you, TGZ. You resort to the final refuge of the intellectually challenged, the ad hominem attack. Throw in some sarcasm, the lowest form of wit ridiculously false statements and I think I've worked you out.

You accuse me of being a keyboard warrior. A classic case of transference. Accusing me of the same behaviours you despise in yourself.

Do me a favour and pop me on ignore.

You seem to be very angry and frustrated. Take a break and have a good lie down.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Fri 08 Dec 2023 11:57am
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Fri 08 Dec 2023 7:40am

I clearly overrated you, TGZ. You resort to the final refuge of the intellectually challenged, the ad hominem attack. Throw in some sarcasm, the lowest form of wit ridiculously false statements and I think I've worked you out.

You accuse me of being a keyboard warrior. A classic case of transference. Accusing me of the same behaviours you despise in yourself.

Do me a favour and pop me on ignore.

You seem to be very angry and frustrated. Take a break and have a good lie down.
Yes Daddy Dal Santo… I will go lie down! Wtf…

I’m not intellectually challenged ;) graduated from Melbourne Uni and very smart in my role. But yes I do like the sarcasm. They say smart people swear and use sarcasm more studies have shown.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Well I worked with very intelligent people all my working life. Swearing was a natural part of life.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Fri 08 Dec 2023 11:56am It’s not supposed to be the 7:30 report!

Finally, someone gets it. He’s got a truckload of subscribers … that probably shows there’s a lot who like what he does.

Sure - I’d like a more Leigh Sales-style interview but part of the schtik that gets the players opening up and being more like their real selves is that it’s a bit irreverent and conversational rather than an interrogation.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 08 Dec 2023 12:55pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 08 Dec 2023 11:56am It’s not supposed to be the 7:30 report!

Finally, someone gets it. He’s got a truckload of subscribers … that probably shows there’s a lot who like what he does.

:wink: 8-)

SaintWiki
Club Player

Exactly, the interview was a bit hyped up but allowed Mason to open up and provide stuff I would never get on a formal interview.

I'm so glad I watched it right through.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

SaintWiki wrote: Fri 08 Dec 2023 1:14pm

Exactly, the interview was a bit hyped up but allowed Mason to open up and provide stuff I would never get on a formal interview.

I'm so glad I watched it right through.
Same. It was really insightful.

Daddy Santo Claus thinks he should be cancelled.

Sanctorum
Club Player

To some extrent I agree with Nick Dal Santo Claus insofar as the lengthy episodes of both the Unlaced Podcast and Saints TV can be terribly tedious to watch.

Despite this, as amateur productions by ardent Saints supporters, they deserve respect.

I was interested to hear Mason Wood classify Brad Scott and Ross Lyon as hard nut coaches who emphasise individual high standards and hard work by players as their mantra, whereas Rhyce Shaw and Brett Ratten were more 'people' oriented.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Excellent pocast. I loved it.