3k Trial

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Re: 3k Trial

Zed wrote: Mon 04 Dec 2023 10:19pm Windy, Pou and Wilson (and Michito) will be driving the standards for the next 10 years.
I would even say Max King too. From all accounts he’s been amazing with his shoulder prep and has been coming in most days in the preseason to work on it. He’s going to kick a bag.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Mon 04 Dec 2023 11:20pm Has the club released the times for the 3KTT? Does anyone know what the times were? Please post if you know.

While I appreciate the coverage of the session and the reports of our forumites, it seems peculiar that times have not been posted by the club. Without the times, some of the relevance is lost.

Did anyone post a PB? How did the groups' performance compare to last year's players at the same stage of pre-season?

I know the 3KTT wasn't part of it last year, but meaningful conclusions can still be drawn. Wilson was the winner, but what was his time? What if he ran a slowish time and the rest of the group was worse?

Someone out there knows particularly the coaching and high-performance staff. If they published the times, we would have a better idea of where the group is at. If they have been published somewhere, please direct me to it, and ignore this post. Cheers.
Nicky boy. You sound like you really want to know the times hey!

I wouldn’t stress because it was ran on grass on a very hot day. It’s day one anyway. You look at the next time trial and see if there is improvements and PBs at that one.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Tue 05 Dec 2023 7:16am
Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Mon 04 Dec 2023 11:20pm Has the club released the times for the 3KTT? Does anyone know what the times were? Please post if you know.

While I appreciate the coverage of the session and the reports of our forumites, it seems peculiar that times have not been posted by the club. Without the times, some of the relevance is lost.

Did anyone post a PB? How did the groups' performance compare to last year's players at the same stage of pre-season?

I know the 3KTT wasn't part of it last year, but meaningful conclusions can still be drawn. Wilson was the winner, but what was his time? What if he ran a slowish time and the rest of the group was worse?

Someone out there knows particularly the coaching and high-performance staff. If they published the times, we would have a better idea of where the group is at. If they have been published somewhere, please direct me to it, and ignore this post. Cheers.

I wouldn’t stress because it was ran on grass on a very hot day. It’s day one anyway. You look at the next time trial and see if there is improvements and PBs at that one.
Thank you to TheGreatZacsby. Having read his post, I respectfully withdraw my disappointment and eagerly await the results of the track run TTs.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Tue 05 Dec 2023 6:22pm
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Tue 05 Dec 2023 7:16am

Thank you to TheGreatZacsby. Having read his post, I respectfully withdraw my disappointment and eagerly await the results of the track run TTs.
Clubs will not release times they will only release positions. Times are treated as confidential info not to be shared

B.M
Saintsational Legend

The Sandy kid that Wilson beat actually won the draft combine 2K race beating Wilson 5:52 and the ruckman that went to GC 5:56

So Darcy got one back on him!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If time trials were a good predictor of football ability, he'd be on an AFL list and not scratching around at Sandy.