Will these players be better.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will these players be better.....

We made finals in 2023

Numpties may not clearly understand that we are in rebuild mode. They may not understand if we finish 14th in 2024 ...as opposed to 7th in 2023.

I think at some point before round 1 starts in March next year, that the President and the footy department need to let members know what the goals and objectives are for 2024.

We have this thread running whether our drafting and trades will improve us, but what does Bassatt and the the board expect from Ross Lyon and his players?

What are the club's expectations?

I think it's crucial to not raise expectations because it's probably going to impact memberships in 2025 and beyond if we expect to match or come close and it doesn't eventuate.

And... the board will be negligent if they don't say anything because if they don't lower expectations...they are basically giving false expectations by saying nothing!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Nick DalSanto Claus wrote: Fri 01 Dec 2023 4:13pm
In all, that makes 18 new players who will form the nucleus of what should be a team capable of challenging for a flag in the next decade.
While I like you post, I would hope it is THIS decade as next year is only 2024.

Though perhaps you mean 2024-2033.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 02 Dec 2023 8:24pm
In all, that makes 18 new players who will form the nucleus of what should be a team capable of challenging for a flag in the next decade.
While I like you post, I would hope it is THIS decade as next year is only 2024.

When people say, 'in the next decade', do they mean the next ten years from moment of their utterance, or do they refer to a period of ten beginning when the sequence of years reaches a point when the numerialcthird integer of the calendar...(I accidentally pressed return here)
ChatGPT

When people say "in the next decade," they typically mean the next ten years from the current moment of their utterance. For example, if someone says this in 2023, they are referring to the period from 2023 to 2032.

It's a common convention to use "decade" to denote a period of ten years without being tied to a specific starting point in the calendar. So, it doesn't necessarily align with the numerical third integer of the calendar year. It's a more general term indicating a span of ten years.
Holy sh*t..I better get a life...in the next decade..or else

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Nick DalSanto Claus
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 02 Dec 2023 11:02pm
saintsRrising wrote: Sat 02 Dec 2023 8:24pm

When people say, 'in the next decade', do they mean the next ten years from moment of their utterance, or do they refer to a period of ten beginning when the sequence of years reaches a point when the numerialcthird integer of the calendar...(I accidentally pressed return here)
ChatGPT

When people say "in the next decade," they typically mean the next ten years from the current moment of their utterance. For example, if someone says this in 2023, they are referring to the period from 2023 to 2032.

It's a common convention to use "decade" to denote a period of ten years without being tied to a specific starting point in the calendar. So, it doesn't necessarily align with the numerical third integer of the calendar year. It's a more general term indicating a span of ten years.
Holy sh*t..I better get a life...in the next decade..or else
What shanegrambeau said.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Well…

Wilson wins the 3km time trial (according to Saints FB page) with Windhager and Phillipou round out the top 3.

Always blows my mind that a kid outside the system can waltz in and take the honours like that…. Noting however that Windy who is an absolute beast of a runner came in at number 2 and Wilson is by all accounts a running machine and fast at that might actually point more towards this kid being something special rather than it reflecting poorly on everyone else.

Lots to like about this Wilson kid.

Also am very chuffed to see Phillipou back up as well.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Actually, a Sandy kid was second.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 04 Dec 2023 5:22pm Actually, a Sandy kid was second.
Yeah I just read that in the other page by Saint Mike…
Evidently the Saints’ FB page decided not to share that tidbit

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Henry replaces Byrnes in our side which automatically makes us better.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I can't remember why that Langlands chap got cut. Appreciate someone reminding me if it's not too much trouble. Cheers. (I thought he would be better).