Strength & Loyalty Program thoughts?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Re: Strength & Loyalty Program thoughts?

Oh yeah. We raised over $7m in 2020 in memberships.

Our generous members, most of them, basically donated their membership.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 11:46am
Vortex wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 8:29am Jesus works in mysterious ways.

But all jokes aside, even with our fingers in the crooked cooky jar we still can’t turn a profit and only find unique ways to hover in perpetual debt repair.

Watch Bassett and Lethlean pat themselves on the back at this years AGM with claims of “reducing debt” from some multi million dollar donation from a rich supporter.

What I want to see is a real business plan that seeks to create a sustainable revenue source that can fund our entry into the annual soft cap arms race to compete with the rich clubs.

We won’t be competitive on the field without rivers of gold.
If any of you care to take a look.

We raise revenue from donations, paid directly to improve our facilities.

We also run community devlopment football programs, with a focus on inclusion, for a fee.

We partner with Charities and they raise the fee. Everyone is actually very happy with the arrangements and we don't need to dip into any crooked cookie jars.

I think this is the blood money that SL was talking about. about $4.6m of revenue over 2020 - 2022, which is likely to take a leap in 2023 and 2024.

That was enough of a sniff of blood for you to jump back on the propaganda wagon.

You yourself stated that Advance Cairns was chucking $1m of regional development money just to have us play there.

From loose figures, we lost the game, Ratten lost his job and we walked away with enough to lure Ross the Boss back for 1.5 years of his 4 year contract.

Next.
So we are in a strong financial position then?

One that affords us the ability to compete in the soft cap arms race enjoyed by the rich clubs?

Maybe we should ask DB Cooper his opinion, he’s got a proven track record when it comes to successfully managing the finances of a highly profitable business.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Maybe you should hold your breath long enough for the financial report to come out and show 6 consecutive years of record membership, record assets value growth, massive improvements to the football department, massive improvements to the list, we played finals and we should show huge debt reduction.

DB, like you, just needs to read the report.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 12:11pm Maybe you should hold your breath long enough for the financial report to come out and show 6 consecutive years of record membership, record assets value growth, massive improvements to the football department, massive improvements to the list, we played finals and we should show huge debt reduction.

One that affords us the ability to compete in the soft cap arms race enjoyed by the rich clubs?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Oh, we traded in 2 players who were required at other clubs and we aced the mechanics of the draft, too.

Might be 7 years of record membership coming up.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 12:16pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 12:11pm Maybe you should hold your breath long enough for the financial report to come out and show 6 consecutive years of record membership, record assets value growth, massive improvements to the football department, massive improvements to the list, we played finals and we should show huge debt reduction.

The soft cap arms race 🤣, so now we don't owe the AFL any money and we didn't go into insolvency, we are in a position to enter a soft cap arms race.

That turned around pretty quickly Tex. Your remember our impending insolvency, don't you?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 12:26pm

The soft cap arms race 🤣, so now we don't owe the AFL any money and we didn't go into insolvency, we are in a position to enter a soft cap arms race.

That turned around pretty quickly Tex. Your remember our impending insolvency, don't you?

I genuinely want to know as you seem like you are well across our financial position?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 12:32pm

I genuinely want to know as you seem like you are well across our financial position?
I dont know. We were in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

I recall you being the financial forecaster back in 2020 and 21.

You predicted us heading into insolvency.

What's is called when you've paid off $8m debt and tripled your assets in 3 years?

When the latest report comes out.

I can private message you and we can go through it together, if you like.

You can write something sensible that no one will notice.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What was the record assets growth?

Purchasing assets require cash or debt.

Isn’t that why the club is asking supporters to donate?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 1:26pm

Or massive levels of investment on our right to use assets, from 3 levels of Government and the AFL.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 1:26pm

Isn’t that why the club is asking supporters to donate?
The statement covers the Covid years on, in an ongoing discussion.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 1:11pm

What's is called when you've paid off $8m debt and tripled your assets in 3 years?

It’s a simple question

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 1:32pm

It’s a simple question
I'm beginning to expect 'simple' in all our exchanges. It's not that you can't learn, it's just that you won't.

I think it's fun too and I can walk away for 3 days and you are still here.

K.I.S.S.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 1:36pm

It’s a simple question
I'm beginning to expect 'simple' in all our exchanges. It's not that you can't learn, it's just that you won't.

K.I.S.S.
Yeah I might be ole school but when you have debt of any magnitude over a sustained period it generally signifies you aren’t in a financially strong position. Having said they we do live in the age of the money printer goes….vrrrroooom!

Some times it’s ok to say you don’t know aye😉

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The $6.75m Westpac facility agreement expires in Jan 2024.

It's guaranteed by the AFL and it will be easy to extend it but I'd suggest that we probably only owe $4-5m now.

I'm not sure but with advance membership sales and cash on hand we could pay it off.

But I'm confident there is enough commitment from those who have it, to take a big chunks out of that debt through pledging a tax deductible donation.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

No one expects you to do that though.

There's just no need for people to sling accusations of crooked cookies and fake disgust over homeless people having their blankets stolen.

I used to have no idea why people enjoy making an arse of themselves but for my part of it, I've been enjoying it too.

Cheers

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Boo hoo. Can we compete with the big clubs.

It takes rich supporters and collaboration with Government and the AFL.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, it's takes generous supporters. Not rich ones but the rich ones help.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Oooookay

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

One thing is for sure, if we had less big winded so called supporters and more real supporters who don't mind putting their hands in their pockets and becoming members our situation would improve remarkably.

Strange isn't it that some don't mind bagging a clubs financial position without actually contributing fiscally.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 1:41pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 1:36pm

It’s a simple question

K.I.S.S.
Yeah I might be ole school but when you have debt of any magnitude over a sustained period it generally signifies you aren’t in a financially strong position. Having said they we do live in the age of the money printer goes….vrrrroooom!

Some times it’s ok to say you don’t know aye😉
I think, when 3 levels of Government back you to develop a sustainable business model and throw in 10's of $$millions to help you achieve it and you borrow money to take the journey with them and end up repaying it quickly, after surviving Covid and paying back our 'insolvency loan'. You might be on a good plan.

If your assets are located strategically between Frankston and Moorabbin and your VFL affiliate is Sandy and you are being encouraged to run development camps by the AFL using young talent from those areas to feed through our NG academy, into the talent pathways in partnership with the State Junior Interleague Comp and the Dandenong Stingrays and the Dragons, your plan is looking likeit might have a future.

Then you can offer a rookie position through your VFL affiliate and you can begin to see potential.

I just realised your in Cairnsand your not a member, you eally wouldn't have a clue what's going on. 😊

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

So government funding = strong financial position?

Large debt not a problem.

You’re right, I am getting a lesson.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Yes. Those grants may have well gone straight into our bank account.

They have provided us with a base that is first class and its a powerful asset.

The $6m debt is a pittance, in terms of the revenue we have available now and its growing steadily.

Won't be long now and we will be in the 'Soft cap arms race' are you sure you don't work for Sky News?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 27 Nov 2023 5:17pm Yes. Those grants may have well gone straight into our bank account.

They have provided us with a base that is first class and its a powerful asset.

The $6m debt is a pittance, in terms of the revenue we have available now and its growing steadily.

Won't be long now and we will be in the 'Soft cap arms race' are you sure you don't work for Sky News?

Just a pro business tip, don’t try and manage your truck stop with the same business model, if it’s confusing just think perpetual debt is a bad thing and you should keep afloat…unless of coarse you’ve found a sneaky way to get your hands on some that good ole government cash…the best kind😀

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, next time your on the Fraser Coast call in to my other truck stop near my home.
I'll fix you up with a litre of fuel, a Mars bar and coke.