List Number?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: List Number?

Yes I think some draft predictions have us taking 5 picks in the PSD, but it will be more likely 3 picks, elevate the rookies we have to, and go hard in the rookie draft.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

When you take a DFA or MSDP do they go on the Rookie List?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Delisting of Tom Highmore
Signing of Tom Campbell for one more year
Dan McKenzie remaining unsigned
Liam O'Connell joining as a rookie B
Mason Wood must be upgraded from the rookie list to the senior list if he is to be retained is a given
All results in the list having
32 senior players, 5 rookie A and 2 rookie B a total of 39

A team has a cap of 44 players.
So St Kilda can add up to 5 players
A team must have between 36 and 38 senior players with the remainder being made up of rookies.
Only 6 of those rookies can be type A and 2 can be type B
That means St Kilda could make 5 picks in the main draft and rookie draft combined plus delisted free agents
One of those picks will almost certainly be a rookie A pick in the rookie draft leaving delisted free agents free agents and spaces for supplemental selections and mid season rookie selection.
Deploying picks 13, 21, 40, at the main draft makes sense
Using pick 92 at the main draft would likely be much earlier but only because it would be among the last 2 or 3 picks in the draft
That leaves one more player to be added to the senior list - either a delisted free agent, rookie upgrade, or a train on supplemental selection.
One slot could be left vacant for the mid season rookie draft.

5 slots vacant at present, 4 senior slots must be filled.

So I expect 3 picks at the main draft, 1 rookie A pick at rookie draft leaving 1 slot for a delisted free agent, supplemental selection or mid season rookie.
The final senior player could come as a result of a rookie upgrade or delisted free agent.

If the prognosis for Dan McKenzie is not good he could be replaced on the senior list by a rookie upgrade or delisted free agent, but the club must offer him a contract in the next few days or delist him.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
older saint
SS Life Member

Just saw Stewart from Essendon training over Summer. Was udner contract at Essendon and delisted - so gets paid by Essendon.
If we were to pick him up , and obviously only if good enough, will basically cost nothing.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Mon 06 Nov 2023 9:44am Just saw Stewart from Essendon training over Summer. Was udner contract at Essendon and delisted - so gets paid by Essendon.
If we were to pick him up , and obviously only if good enough, will basically cost nothing.
Where did you see that? After delisting Adams & Highmore we obviously need another key defender as depth.

Saints58
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 06 Nov 2023 10:06am
older saint wrote: Mon 06 Nov 2023 9:44am Just saw Stewart from Essendon training over Summer. Was udner contract at Essendon and delisted - so gets paid by Essendon.
Where did you see that? After delisting Adams & Highmore we obviously need another key defender as depth.

Finally someone sees we are light on in the KD I have been saying it for weeks.
We could use our draft picks for 2 bigs plenty in this draft a few good KD, Rucks
1 of our rookie spots goes to Sandringham with the new deal we have with them.

older saint
SS Life Member

Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 06 Nov 2023 10:06am
herald sun

B.M
Saintsational Legend

James Stewart is not even a good VFL player