KANE CORNES GOES TOO FAR

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

KANE CORNES GOES TOO FAR

I get it that Kane Cornes, trade radio breakfast host, doesn't like the STKFC.

Has never liked the Saints. Not sure why, but that's his problem.

He's made his dislike abundantly clear and he's entitled to say whatever he wants.

Except when it gets it wrong. And he got it very wrong when he said the Saints were in quicksand, going nowhere without any A grade talent.

Not true. What is Jack Sinclair? What is Brad Hill? What is Rowan Marshall? What is Max King? What is Callum Wilkie?

Then we have A graders in waiting: Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager, Phillipou.

Of course there is the possibility these young guys won't fully reach their potential but the way the've played in 2023 suggests the opposite.

We played finals footy this year and every chance we'll do so again in 2024.

Of course, I take no notice of Cornes but just wanted to put it on the record.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Re: KANE CORNES GOES TOO FAR

Just gives the group fuel to prove him wrong.
I don't mind it, albeit Kane is a massive wanker

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Wonder what his criteria is for A-grade.

Jack Sinclair - AA (2022/23)
Cal Wilke - AA (2023)
Jack Steele - AA (2020/21)

Max King - On track to be better than Tom Hawkins. Stacks up pretty with at the same age, also remembering that King missed most of his first season and a lot of the current one.

Rohan Marshall named in the AA squad for the year.

Cornes is a wannabe shock jock that would be better off on Sky News.
Modest footballer with great running endurance and a famous Dad.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Media is a tough gig. I have a few mates who have tried hard to be actors, musicians, singers, media, etc. All have had some success... TV & Movie bit parts one got 14 episodes straight on a US sitcom...but all eventually succumbed to being too much the same and soon a prettier version came along....

Kane only has a spot by being different. Hes pretty damn smart. If he wants to stay he needs to stand out because he's not going to dethrone other personalities...so he chose cűnt. He could've went genius
Statistician- but that takes a lot of effort nonstop, he couldve fine tuned his calling skills for gameday, or pursued team roles like coach etc ...but he found c**** jibes to be his forté and has excelled....he's no Caroline Wilson but if he keeps working hard...one his name will also be synonmous with clueless c****. Best of luck mate!

* Edited for language
I note that you did tweak it a bit but not very subtly especially for that particular profanity.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

how many punters have a crack at Caro.... they've got you sucked in.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 12:42pm how many punters have a crack at Caro.... they've got you sucked in.
She plays a role, you've got to have something to stand out. She chose her path.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 11:07am
I take no notice of Cornes
Scratches head and says to self…I dunno about that

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

SAINT-LEE wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 12:26pm Media is a tough gig. I have a few mates who have tried hard to be actors, musicians, singers, media, etc. All have had some success... TV & Movie bit parts one got 14 episodes straight on a US sitcom...but all eventually succumbed to being too much the same and soon a prettier version came along....

Kane only has a spot by being different. Hes pretty damn smart. If he wants to stay he needs to stand out because he's not going to dethrone other personalities...so he chose cűnt. He could've went genius
Statistician- but that takes a lot of effort nonstop, he couldve fine tuned his calling skills for gameday, or pursued team roles like coach etc ...but he found cünty jibes to be his forté and has excelled....he's no Caroline Wilson but if he keeps working hard...one his name will also be synonmous with clueless cůnt. Best of luck mate!
Think You went too far with that language on a family forum :shock: :oops:

No Contract, No Contact :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cornes is a talkback radio host. His job is to troll for a reaction to generate attention.

Radio stations live and die by audience ratings.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

The guy is a twat. Not sure why anyone pays him any attention.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Couple of cardinal rules for KC's line of work:
Don't insult Collingwood;
Snear at AFL administration;
Take forever to get to your point, perhaps never just cross to the interminable adverts;
Use innuendo so you can always backslide;
Be spare with specific predictions or judgements because only so many apologies work when wrong.
Kane in the pursuit of notorioty is losing his credibility and shock value.
Possibly because his direct knowledge of clubland is diminishing as memory of his playing days fade.
Also constant karping and negativity is wearing.
Much prefer Joey's upbeat but factual style.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 1:00pm
SAINT-LEE wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 12:26pm Media is a tough gig. I have a few mates who have tried hard to be actors, musicians, singers, media, etc. All have had some success... TV & Movie bit parts one got 14 episodes straight on a US sitcom...but all eventually succumbed to being too much the same and soon a prettier version came along....

Statistician- but that takes a lot of effort nonstop, he couldve fine tuned his calling skills for gameday, or pursued team roles like coach etc ...but he found cünty jibes to be his forté and has excelled....he's no Caroline Wilson but if he keeps working hard...one his name will also be synonmous with clueless cůnt. Best of luck mate!
Think You went too far with that language on a family forum :shock: :oops:
May be be...I tried to gently disguise my verbage.

Hopefully children aren't ever on this forum.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thank you for the reply √

Was a bit strong, albeit somewhat tweaked.

No Contract, No Contact :shock:
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Not sure why people give Cornes any oxygen. He’s an AFL shock-jock who thrives on negative attention.

I find it funny how he’s always keen to sink the boots into all the clubs, except for Port Adelaide.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Who gives a sh#t what Cornes says? He's just another bloviator making a buck out of talking mostly diarrhoea. Loves a headline. He's deliberately made himself Mr Controversy because he knows that's what keeps you employed in the media.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 11:07am I get it that Kane Cornes, trade radio breakfast host, doesn't like the STKFC.

He's made his dislike abundantly clear and he's entitled to say whatever he wants.

Except when it gets it wrong. And he got it very wrong when he said the Saints were in quicksand, going nowhere without any A grade talent.

Not true. What is Jack Sinclair? What is Brad Hill? What is Rowan Marshall? What is Max King? What is Callum Wilkie?

Then we have A graders in waiting: Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager, Phillipou.

Of course there is the possibility these young guys won't fully reach their potential but the way the've played in 2023 suggests the opposite.

i blame his f****** parents, especially his asshole father. Who the f*** names his kid after the first killer identified in the bible. Kane, Cain. tomato.....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 11:26am Wonder what his criteria is for A-grade.

Jack Sinclair - AA (2022/23)
Cal Wilke - AA (2023)
Jack Steele - AA (2020/21)

Max King - On track to be better than Tom Hawkins. Stacks up pretty with at the same age, also remembering that King missed most of his first season and a lot of the current one.

Rohan Marshall named in the AA squad for the year.

Cornes is a wannabe shock jock that would be better off on Sky News.
Modest footballer with great running endurance and a famous Dad.
No, he is too f****** dumb for even Foxtell.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Can someone ask Kane why no club appears willing to deal with his old club, funny as.

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
Moods
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 11:07am I get it that Kane Cornes, trade radio breakfast host, doesn't like the STKFC.

Brad Hill is NOT A grade. Handy player on his day that is all he has produced at Saints. A grade players contend for club B&F's especially when they play over 90% of games each year. So let's rule that out.

Max King is NOT A grade. So far he's a tease. Can occasionally look A grade, but can't string games together consistently for whatever reason, either through injury or form. At the moment he's a good solid KPP. But his aggression at the contest has got to be consistently far better.

Marshall, Sinclair and Wilkie are our A graders, although in my opinion, Sinclair is the only player in our team that is absolutely elite. The other 2 are very good players who have come off very good seasons.

Owens and NWM are bloody exciting and I agree could well be A graders within 2 years.
There's a ton of hype around Pou which I reckon is way over the top. He could be anything or nothing. Showed tiny glimpses this year. Windhager will never be A grade imo. He could be an excellent 200 gamer for us though.

Kane Cornes has hit a hard truth with our group that supporters (who always over rate our players) find it hard to digest. We have a group of good solid citizens. Brad Crouch is as honest as the day is long and he was probably our best mid this year. Compare him to the best mid in every other top 10 side....... We are desperately lacking class in the midfield. Clark is still a huge disappointment considering his early draft status. Coffield the same (who has now been traded) Billings another massive disappointment. We have missed at the draft table with our early picks. which is why we're mid range. We need a couple of gold nuggets to come through or Ross will continually be battling for us to make the 8 - that's the cold reality. Corne's job is not to worry about our sensitivities and he hasn't

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 1:32pm
Joey is brilliant. His prediction of the GF prior to the game was almost 100% spot on in terms of how the game would play out. Incredibly informative and knowledgeable. My missus (a rabid pies fan) would start every sentence GF week with , 'As leigh Montagna says....'

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Wed 18 Oct 2023 5:47am
Kane Cornes has hit a hard truth with our group that supporters (who always over rate our players) find it hard to digest.

Bang on

The current list is very middle of the ladder. Hopefully our finals appearance doesn’t create any delusion amongst players and coaches as to where we are at.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Wed 18 Oct 2023 5:53am
Yorkeys wrote: Tue 17 Oct 2023 1:32pm
Joey is brilliant. His prediction of the GF prior to the game was almost 100% spot on in terms of how the game would play out. Incredibly informative and knowledgeable. My missus (a rabid pies fan) would start every sentence GF week with , 'As leigh Montagna says....'
agreed, I don't mind Dal aswell.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Brad Hill is NOT A grade. Handy player on his day that is all he has produced at Saints. A grade players contend for club B&F's especially when they play over 90% of games each year. So let's rule that out.

Max King is NOT A grade. So far he's a tease. Can occasionally look A grade, but can't string games together consistently for whatever reason, either through injury or form. At the moment he's a good solid KPP. But his aggression at the contest has got to be consistently far better.

Marshall, Sinclair and Wilkie are our A graders, although in my opinion, Sinclair is the only player in our team that is absolutely elite. The other 2 are very good players who have come off very good seasons.

Owens and NWM are bloody exciting and I agree could well be A graders within 2 years.
There's a ton of hype around Pou which I reckon is way over the top. He could be anything or nothing. Showed tiny glimpses this year. Windhager will never be A grade imo. He could be an excellent 200 gamer for us though.

Kane Cornes has hit a hard truth with our group that supporters (who always over rate our players) find it hard to digest. We have a group of good solid citizens. Brad Crouch is as honest as the day is long and he was probably our best mid this year. Compare him to the best mid in every other top 10 side....... We are desperately lacking class in the midfield. Clark is still a huge disappointment considering his early draft status. Coffield the same (who has now been traded) Billings another massive disappointment. We have missed at the draft table with our early picks. which is why we're mid range. We need a couple of gold nuggets to come through or Ross will continually be battling for us to make the 8 - that's the cold reality. Corne's job is not to worry about our sensitivities and he hasn't
Not the worst post I've ever read on here. At the end of the day - our rebuild started with the Owens/NWM/Windy draft. Pretty much everyone before that has to be elite talent and elite self-starter mentality to make it as we had Ben McGlynn doing development 2 days a week FFS. The Billings, Clark, Coff types never stood a chance. At least with Damien Carroll now running a proper development program - we can now draft players and give them the best chance to be the best they can be.

Go you red, black & white warriors
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Wed 18 Oct 2023 5:47am [quote=damienc post_id=2034583 time=<a href="tel:1697501227">1697501227</a> user_id=20890]
I get it that Kane Cornes, trade radio breakfast host, doesn't like the STKFC.

[/quote]
Saintmatt wrote: Wed 18 Oct 2023 10:24am

Not the worst post I've ever read on here. At the end of the day - our rebuild started with the Owens/NWM/Windy draft. Pretty much everyone before that has to be elite talent and elite self-starter mentality to make it as we had Ben McGlynn doing development 2 days a week FFS. The Billings, Clark, Coff types never stood a chance. At least with Damien Carroll now running a proper development program - we can now draft players and give them the best chance to be the best they can be.
Brad Hill is (was) A grade or at the very least, much more than ‘handy at times’ as Moods describes. Easily one of the most skilled. Turns over at times, but has a go and crucially more good than bad. Typical story around here sometimes. Mind, he’s getting long in the tooth now so..maybe Henry can be that guy.

He wasn’t a star in his first couple of years for sure and we didn’t create the incentive, our on field culture leadership is was poor.

Agree with the general gist of Moods but remember folks , all fans pick holes in their teams. We have a few.

We have to accept as minnows that it is hard to draw talent except when we do, it maybe hard for them to see that they have to pull their fingers out.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Kane....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WHO????? I never listen to radio, watch telly, read newspapers about AFL. Simply cant be arsed giving my time and energy to the media. As far as I'm concerned these "anal orifices" can spout as much of their opinions/bile/whatever about the Saints...... ME? I dont give a flying phuck for their opinions, they dont interest me. I just enjoy watching football with my pal Tom.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)