Sinclair Rated number 1 by Champion Data for 2023

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StPeter
Club Player

Sinclair Rated number 1 by Champion Data for 2023

Jack Sinclair has topped the ranking for the second season in a row with Champion data.

To quote “It’s his ball use that just completely sets him apart.”

Let's just hope that the umpires start to notice him more when casting Brownlow votes this year.

Yes I have backed him again. Last year at 1000-1, this year 250-1

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/08/29/ ... ay-season/

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sinclair Rated number 1 by Champion Data for 2023

He’s way out in the odds, as is Patrick Cripps rather surprisingly (or is Cripps ineligible? I can’t remember if he’s been suspended or not).

But Sinclair has been amazingly consistent this year: performing strongly both in the games we’ve won and equally strongly in those we’ve lost.

I get a sense that some influential people in the football world see Sinclair as a guy who hangs back behind the contest and ends up with a lot of easy possessions. But then surely the same criticism applies to one of this year’s favourites Nick Daicos.

And, in an era in which capitalising on unforced turnovers is becoming a key aspect of the game, receivers who can break a line and then deliver the ball with pinpoint accuracy are increasingly crucial.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Sinclair Rated number 1 by Champion Data for 2023

I get a sense that some influential people in the football world see Sinclair as a St Kilda player, irrelevant.

Saint supporter since '62