Marlon Pickett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Marlon Pickett

Won’t be playing

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: Marlon Pickett

Sad situation

Lawyer should have advised not to go to WA

But fantastic news for us game day

Dangerous player

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Why is it sad?

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Well, it's either sad that he's done an aggravated burglary and has destroyed his career, or it's sad that he has been set up for it.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 10:44amWhy is it sad?
When you get in ‘trouble’ and the great machine stamps you for it, and you try to get along as best you can, and you seem to to be getting somewhere, but you mess up again, but seem to be sort of hanging on, out of contract, 31, and now you are going down again, and they were waiting for you, and you were probably warned by the club, took a chance, and they were waiting for you.. and now it looks like you are cooked

It has to sad, some of that has to be sad, surely.?

Anyway, for St Kilda it is wonderful, wonderful news .. We need a break here.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

If he’s done it

I don’t feel sorry for criminals

How about this… don’t rob people

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

A human might feel sad that someone’s messed up their lives

B.M
Saintsational Legend

If he did it

It’s a choice he has made

Banger9798
SS Life Member

So you can't feel sad about someone's choices in life?

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:26pm So you can't feel sad about someone's choices in life?
I’ve worked in the legal system for a few years now… a guy that pbly didn’t need to do it somehow found himself there and through his own choices has played a hand in his own undoing. It’s sad that it’s ended like that for him.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Got no sympathy for Richmond players. Most of them are affiliated with Bikies such as Dustin Martin, Marlion Picket and push-up king and are nothing but crooks and a stain on the game. Good riddance. Hope the crook never steps on an AFL ground again. Poor victims. Hope he serves jail time.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:44pm Got no sympathy for Richmond players. Most of them are affiliated with Bikies such as Dustin Martin, Marlion Picket and push-up king and are nothing but crooks and a stain on the game. Good riddance. Hope the crook never steps on an AFL ground again. Poor victims. Hope he serves jail time.
:twisted:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:44pm Got no sympathy for Richmond players. Most of them are affiliated with Bikies such as Dustin Martin, Marlion Picket and push-up king and are nothing but crooks and a stain on the game. Good riddance. Hope the crook never steps on an AFL ground again. Poor victims. Hope he serves jail time.
Woah Woah Woah - Alleged

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:37pm
Banger9798 wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:26pm So you can't feel sad about someone's choices in life?
I’ve worked in the legal system for a few years now… a guy that pbly didn’t need to do it somehow found himself there and through his own choices has played a hand in his own undoing. It’s sad that it’s ended like that for him.
Sounds like you are defence lawyer. I sit on the opposite side. Got no respect for this scum. Shouldn’t feel sad! He gets paid more than anyone on this forum. Yet he does horrible crime like this. He’s done aggravated burglary? Do you know what that means? He’s gone in with weapons when a victim was at home. That’s disgusting. Hope Dustin gets arrested soon. When he retires he will go join the Rebels.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:46pm
Woah Woah Woah - Alleged
It’s not alleged. It’s fact.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:49pm
Woah Woah Woah - Alleged
Channel 7 wrote: AFL premiership player Marlion Pickett in custody on alleged burglary charges
If Channel 7 feels it warranted to use Alleged - I would think it prudent for you to do so as well.

He is contesting the charges.
TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:48pm He’s done aggravated burglary? Do you know what that means? He’s gone in with weapons when a victim was at home. That’s disgusting.
Also the charges are to Commercial Properties - so I don't get how you think this is breaking into someone's home - it could be that he had a plastic gun and went into a closed hardware store

The Offence Of Aggravated Burglary
Section 77 of the Crimes Act 1958 provides for two ways in which a person can be found guilty of aggravated burglary. These are:

Where the accused commits a burglary and at the time has in their possession a firearm, imitation firearm, offensive weapon, explosive or imitation explosive; or
Where the offender enters the building with the knowledge that a person was present or was reckless as to whether a person was present in the building.
The maximum penalty for aggravated burglary under section 77 of the Crimes Act 1958 is 25 years imprisonment.

Besides - we are talking about Marlion Pickett - the OP is talking about Marlon Pickett - who could possibly be the 120Kg 5'9"" Classical Singer from WA who wont be playing
https://www.starnow.com/u/marlonpickett/

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 1:02pm
Woah Woah Woah - Alleged
Channel 7 wrote: AFL premiership player Marlion Pickett in custody on alleged burglary charges
If Channel 7 feels it warranted to use Alleged - I would think it prudent for you to do so as well.

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:48pm He’s done aggravated burglary? Do you know what that means? He’s gone in with weapons when a victim was at home. That’s disgusting.
Also the charges are to Commercial Properties - so I don't get how you think this is breaking into someone's home - it could be that he had a plastic gun and went into a closed hardware store

Section 77 of the Crimes Act 1958 provides for two ways in which a person can be found guilty of aggravated burglary. These are:

Where the accused commits a burglary and at the time has in their possession a firearm, imitation firearm, offensive weapon, explosive or imitation explosive; or
Where the offender enters the building with the knowledge that a person was present or was reckless as to whether a person was present in the building.
The maximum penalty for aggravated burglary under section 77 of the Crimes Act 1958 is 25 years imprisonment.

Besides - we are talking about Marlion Pickett - the OP is talking about Marlon Pickett - who could possibly be the 120Kg 5'9"" Classical Singer from WA who wont be playing
Sainter Dad, I work in the criminal law industry for several years now. Take that for what you will. I’ve been doing this long enough that the media say vague things to not lose their credibility and drop words like “alleged” and “is facing severe charges and will defend himself (no s*** Sherlock)”.

Here are the facts. He’s been remanded. That means he’s sitting in a cell at the Perth custody centre and the police have enough hard evidence to deem him a risk to be released to the community. There’s nothing alleged about it. He’s done the crime and has now been caught. Police don’t remand people if they don’t have hard evidence. He’s obviously been caught on camera or left his DNA in the form of fingerprints behind and put that through the database and has come back positive. He’s been jailed before so he will be on file.

I don’t understand why you are defending a crook mate?

Aggravated burglary is as what you said posted. I do apologise I misheard the channel 7 report today and heard he aggravated burgled properties in Perth. Didn’t realise it was commercial properties. So yes you are correct, people weren’t home at the time. But he did have a weapon and had the intention to steal and that’s not okay.

He will face the court today and will most likely get bailed because the Richmond football club will pay up, but he will have to remain in the WA state due to bail conditions and will not be playing against us. I hope that shocks their playing group and gives us the leg up.

SaintWiki
Club Player

Good for us and if you did it he will be punished, but knowing the racism on this page, I'm sure he'll be crucified

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 1:21pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 1:02pm
Woah Woah Woah - Alleged

Sainter Dad, I work in the criminal law industry for several years now. Take that for what you will. I’ve been doing this long enough that the media say vague things to not lose their credibility and drop words like “alleged” and “is facing severe charges and will defend himself (no s*** Sherlock)”.

Here are the facts. He’s been remanded. That means he’s sitting in a cell at the Perth custody centre and the police have enough hard evidence to deem him a risk to be released to the community. There’s nothing alleged about it. He’s done the crime and has now been caught. Police don’t remand people if they don’t have hard evidence. He’s obviously been caught on camera or left his DNA in the form of fingerprints behind and put that through the database and has come back positive. He’s been jailed before so he will be on file.

I don’t understand why you are defending a crook mate?

Aggravated burglary is as what you said posted. I do apologise I misheard the channel 7 report today and heard he aggravated burgled properties in Perth. Didn’t realise it was commercial properties. So yes you are correct, people weren’t home at the time. But he did have a weapon and had the intention to steal and that’s not okay.

He will face the court today and will most likely get bailed because the Richmond football club will pay up, but he will have to remain in the WA state due to bail conditions and will not be playing against us. I hope that shocks their playing group and gives us the leg up.
I will take what you say under advisement - however for the sanctity of the forum - we have almost had issues in the past - Allegedly is always your friend on a public forum.

― Aristophanes

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I feel sad for the victims of crime

Not criminals

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

TheGreatZacsby wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:48pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 12:37pm
Sounds like you are defence lawyer. I sit on the opposite side. Got no respect for this scum. Shouldn’t feel sad! He gets paid more than anyone on this forum. Yet he does horrible crime like this. He’s done aggravated burglary? Do you know what that means? He’s gone in with weapons when a victim was at home. That’s disgusting. Hope Dustin gets arrested soon. When he retires he will go join the Rebels.
I’m not a lawyer at all and I think you’re not getting me… neither is BM.

As you said… he had no reason to do that so why did he? Whatever forces of good vs evil were fighting in his thinking he lost.
I’m not trying to excuse his behaviour at all… I do think it’s sad that he messed up his life. That’s all.

happy feet
Club Player

Not much fun having someone try to break into your home when you are there.

Turned out to be someone stoned out of his brain, but gave me a bit of a fright. My dog, a Border Collie, was going ballistic in the garage and I thought she would be good support, so I let her out. She ran out with her tennis ball and dropped it at the intruder’s feet!

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
wally
Club Player

It must make you wonder how much money he is being paid by Richmond surely he would not need to do robberies on his days off cause he needs the money.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

wally wrote: Mon 12 Jun 2023 2:58pm It must make you wonder how much money he is being paid by Richmond surely he would not need to do robberies on his days off cause he needs the money.
Does seem peculiar doesn’t it.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Woah Woah Woah - Alleged
He hasn't been "allegedly" charged though. Cops just waited for a convenient moment to arrest him rather than go through the extradition process.

Needs to grow up.

Saint supporter since '62