The Hun and Jack on Gresham

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Hun and Jack on Gresham

WHEN GRESHAM WILL MAKE CALL ON FREE AGENCY

St Kilda free agent Jade Gresham will begin talks on his future in the round 12 mid-season bye with the Saints mid-forward a priority signing given the club’s list plans.

As a dangerous midfielder who can play small forward Gresham is exactly the kind of player rivals would be keen on given he is a dual threat and can be secured without a trade.

But St Kilda is likely to be aggressive in the free agency market so would lose his free agency compensation pick if he departed and they brought in another free agent.

So the ideal situation is for Gresham to have a bumper second half of the year that justifies a significant contract and sign on.

Then St Kilda can get aggressive on free agency without having to worry about diluting their compensation.

Gresham missed last week after flaring up his PCL injury, with captain Jack Steele telling the Herald Sun he believed the 25-year-old was happy at Moorabbin.

“I think Gresh is pretty happy where he is at the moment,” he said.

“Obviously, it’s a discussion he will have later in the year. I think personally, he‘ll want to play a bit better footy to even start to think about that. He has been going well but he knows he is better than he has been putting out. We saw how good he was last year and how good he was for us and hopefully we can lock him and get it done but it’s all up to him and the club.”

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Hun and Jack on Gresham

Gresham is a decent small forward/mid , but I'd prefer he was consistent rather than dangerous. Too many games he does SFA .

In red white and black from 73
Banger9798
SS Life Member

He should be consistently dangerous

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Winmar
Club Player

I hope he improves and becomes the player we all hope he'll become. If he left I'd be disappointed but not devastated at the moment.

groupie1
Club Player

If we get a decent compensation pick for him walking, I'd take it.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Jack sounds like he's not a fan of Gresham's current form or output. It also seems that Gresh has been told as well.