What the hell is going on with Membury?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

What the hell is going on with Membury?

About a month ago harves is talking on the TV telling us that he expected him to be right for round one. Now who knows when he’s going to be right. Does anyone know what happened and when he’s actually expected to come back?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: What the hell is going on with Membury?

T. Membrey - 2 weeks

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I dont know about Membury - but Membrey is listed as 4-5 weeks

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
longtimesaint
Club Player

It never seems to get any closer!

One year will be our year
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 7:58pm It never seems to get any closer!
like swimming to shore against a rip

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 7:39pm About a month ago harves is talking on the TV telling us that he expected him to be right for round one. Now who knows when he’s going to be right. Does anyone know what happened and when he’s actually expected to come back?
my conspiracy theory is that his return was never R1 but it was spun that way to keep a positive spin on things leading into the season opener.

Same goes King, he's now listed as 6-9 weeks away.

And I don't believe Steely will be back in 3 weeks time..

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 7:55pm I dont know about Membury - but Membrey is listed as 4-5 weeks
Sorry. Voice to text

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It was just a cleanout wasn’t it? Has he had
a set back?

its now 6 weeks

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 8:02pm
Moods wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 7:39pm About a month ago harves is talking on the TV telling us that he expected him to be right for round one. Now who knows when he’s going to be right. Does anyone know what happened and when he’s actually expected to come back?
my conspiracy theory is that his return was never R1 but it was spun that way to keep a positive spin on things leading into the season opener.

hmmm giving out false info to confuse the opposition , are you telling us you have changed your stance on RTB and making him out a genius ?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 8:13pm

hmmm giving out false info to confuse the opposition , are you telling us you have changed your stance on RTB and making him out a genius ?
Firey, Firey, Firey...me love Ross long time.

stop putting words in my internet.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 8:33pm

your words are already there for all to see. thankfully your inconsiderable input is limited to a couple of small forums.
everyone can be a clown be hind a keyboard just try and be a good one

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 8:59pm

your words are already there for all to see. thankfully your inconsiderable input is limited to a couple of small forums.
be and hind are one word

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 9:17pm

be and hind are one word
yep forgot i was up against a PHD .. anyway glad to see you paying attention ..i saw it but let it go..can we pretend that didnt happen and respond ?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 9:44pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 9:17pm

be and hind are one word
yep forgot i was up against a PHD .. anyway glad to see you paying attention ..i saw it but let it go..can we pretend that didnt happen and respond ?
It's PhD FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

why is the h lower case ?
either way I'm impressed you have one.

Killa
Club Player

Assuming the contributor referred to has “one”

The question is can the contributor count to 99 such that hands can be changed?

It appears not!!

On a positive note we have kids building on their experience gained last year plus we have added others now gaining experience including at VFL level where all contributed today

Gold Coast will be a further test - noting the evenness of the Competition hence you book wins as and when you can

King’s recovery has been impacted by a further injury restricting his ability to maintain fitness - with his shoulder alone he could maintain a fitness regime

We see Coffield off a knee procedure then compromised by a soft tissue injury

We don’t want them coming back underdone then out with further injuries

You would assume they will return when ready and not before

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Hamill 2 weeks.

ace
Saintsational Legend

By conspiracy theory you must be referring to "boosting membership sales".

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 11:54pm

By conspiracy theory you must be referring to "boosting membership sales".
Exactly!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

You can’t rely on the weeks away on the injury list until they are ‘test’

This is the same for most, if not all, clubs

Max has been 6-9 since he first injured the shoulder

#1 Ryder fan
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 02 Apr 2023 10:23pm why is the h lower case ?
either way I'm impressed you have one.
Sure. On the internet, a nobody can be anything, a professor, an astronaut, a doctor even. :wink:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 10:11am You can’t rely on the weeks away on the injury list until they are ‘test’

The injury happened in the first week of Xmas, 9 weeks from there means he would have been available at the end of January.

The best way to determine the turn around is a Google search for the average return at AFL level for the specific injury, then from there you can apply a variation depending on how well the rehabilitation has progressed, some can return a little earlier, some can return a little later, even a lot later if there is a complication.

Take Steely's injury for example, a broken color bone is 8-12 weeks, last year Steely came back within 5 weeks and so the fact a fairly innocuous impact event obliterated the area of the original repair I wouldn't mind betting the doctors will be a little more conservative this time around, I'm guessing at least 8 weeks out this time around, at least. Why risk his long term career when a flag is not a realistic possibility this year.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Vortex wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 10:24am
MC Gusto wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 10:11am You can’t rely on the weeks away on the injury list until they are ‘test’

The injury happened in the first week of Xmas, 9 weeks from there means he would have been available at the end of January.

The best way to determine the turn around is a Google search for the average return at AFL level for the specific injury, then from there you can apply a variation depending on how well the rehabilitation has progressed, some can return a little earlier, some can return a little later, even a lot later if there is a complication.

Take Steely's injury for example, a broken color bone is 8-12 weeks, last year Steely came back within 5 weeks and so the fact a fairly innocuous impact event obliterated the area of the original repair I wouldn't mind betting the doctors will be a little more conservative this time around, I'm guessing at least 8 weeks out this time around, at least. Why risk his long term career when a flag is not a realistic possibility this year.
There's already a plate there from last time, another plate going in. I hope they hold him back an extra week or 2 for his own sake

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 12:48pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 03 Apr 2023 10:24am

There's already a plate there from last time, another plate going in. I hope they hold him back an extra week or 2 for his own sake
They need more flexible plates

..maybe the fact that plates are metal alloys that puts pressure on other bones and joints when there's impact.

...similarly...I remember hearing that they stopped taping up all players ankles because it created more risk of an acl injury

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I'm guessing that they sent him in for a simple arthroscope and when digging around in there they found more damage than anticipated. Some clearer communication from the club would be great though.