Cordy what can we say.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rubyjo
Club Player

Cordy what can we say.

Was edging towards a whipping boy but manned up and delivered in spades . Well done son.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cordy what can we say.

13 touches, a tackle, 6 marks and 2 goals.

Essentially provided the same defensive efforts and “role” work but doubled his output… took marks and got to contests which was great.

Last week he was 3 touches with about 10min left. This was a much better all round effort.

A point of distinction for Zaine
3 set shots under pressure for a return of three goals. Very, very impressive.
Last edited by skeptic on Sun 26 Mar 2023 12:01am, edited 1 time in total.

King Max
Club Player

Zaine not Ayce.

Thought he was much better tonight.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Does the job but will be displaced in the team when others come through. King, Membrey, Hayes. Or will move to another role.

Fitness was in question but has been able to run out the games so far.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Probably needs to be more competitive in the air but he has excellent disposal from what I’ve seen.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Lennylegs
Club Player

Jason Blake 2.0

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sat 25 Mar 2023 11:47pm Zaine not Ayce.
Whatever happened to Ayce? As I recall we bid on himin the draft and the dogs took him late top 10 or early teens in the draft.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

He's like the other guys in the squad.
He knows he belongs, and he wants to contribute, he wants to be effective. As they all do. RTB+Lenny, Banger, Boris, BJ, etc have gotten them to buy in

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Thought he was much better tonight.
Bugger… I don’t know why I keep making this mistake

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

In answer to the question posed in the thread, perhaps "sorry"?

Saint supporter since '62
King Max
Club Player

Otiman wrote: Sat 25 Mar 2023 11:55pm
Whatever happened to Ayce? As I recall we bid on himin the draft and the dogs took him late top 10 or early teens in the draft.
I think he was the first father son under the new bidding system. We bid and Bulldogs had to match if they wanted him.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

King Max wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 7:08am
Otiman wrote: Sat 25 Mar 2023 11:55pm
Whatever happened to Ayce? As I recall we bid on him in the draft and the dogs took him late top 10 or early teens in the draft.
I think he was the first father son under the new bidding system. We bid and Bulldogs had to match if they wanted him.
In actual answer to your question:
Drafted 2008 (14th) - played 27 games for the Western Bulldogs, was delisted at the end of the 2015 season.

Cordy crossed to Williamstown in the VFL after being delisted, although he had already played for Williamstown from 2009–13 while on the Western Bulldogs list as part of the alignment between the two clubs.
He played for Williamstown in 2016–2017 before transferring to Melbourne University in 2018.
Cordy played a total of 75 games and kicked 81 goals for Williamstown.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Cordy is an AFL-standard player who, while he is never going to be a star, can deliver well in more than one part of the field. I thought he was a good pickup when we got him and could never understand the negativity.

A lot of people who post on football blogs seem only to like the game for the opportunity it gives them to slag off players, coaches and umpires. I have never got it.

BTW, I thought the umpiring was good last night.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 7:42am Cordy is an AFL-standard player who, while he is never going to be a star, can deliver well in more than one part of the field. I thought he was a good pickup when we got him and could never understand the negativity.

A lot of people who post on football blogs seem only to like the game for the opportunity it gives them to slag off players, coaches and umpires. I have never got it.

Yeah I couldn't understand it myself, the only explanation I've got is he came with a reputation for having stuffed up a few times on the booze and the morale crusaders started do their thing on the internet and then Chinese whispers took over which really gets supercharged here on SS due to the older demographic.

My view was he once proved he could play at the level by virtue of having played in a premiership, so he's what you would call a proven performer isn't he, and capable of recapturing some of that past form, especially at a new club and under the master coach.

I suppose the quandary for the knockers over summer was where does he play due to the perception he was solely a backman, but he actually played as a forward a bit and I think I heard Ross in his presser remind us he played forward in the bulldogs GF team. So in a sense with all our injuries to the talls in the forward line he's come along at the perfect time. He's versatile so agree with Lennylegs that he could be Blake 2.0.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Speaks well

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Just shows that the club knows far more than so called 'experts" who post on here and on big shitty.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 9:05am
meher baba wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 7:42am Cordy is an AFL-standard player who, while he is never going to be a star, can deliver well in more than one part of the field. I thought he was a good pickup when we got him and could never understand the negativity.

Yeah I couldn't understand it myself, the only explanation I've got is he came with a reputation for having stuffed up a few times on the booze and the morale crusaders started do their thing on the internet and then Chinese whispers took over which really gets supercharged here on SS due to the older demographic.

My view was he once proved he could play at the level by virtue of having played in a premiership, so he's what you would call a proven performer isn't he, and capable of recapturing some of that past form, especially at a new club and under the master coach.

I suppose the quandary for the knockers over summer was where does he play due to the perception he was solely a backman, but he actually played as a forward a bit and I think I heard Ross in his presser remind us he played forward in the bulldogs GF team. So in a sense with all our injuries to the talls in the forward line he's come along at the perfect time. He's versatile so agree with Lennylegs that he could be Blake 2.0.
"Yeah I couldn't understand it myself, the only explanation I've got is he came with a reputation for having stuffed up a few times on the booze and the morale crusaders started do their thing on the internet and then Chinese whispers took over which really gets supercharged here on SS due to the older demographic"

Why the f*** do you feel the need to slag off on and or denigrate players? Does it make you feel better about yourself who hasn't achieved anything of note.

Stian
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 9:41amSpeaks well
Yep, I thought so, too.

Also impressed with his general awareness of the background and performance of other players at the club and his knowledge of the team structures / tactics /etc. Sounded like a coach in the making.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Cordy & Stocker both lifted significantly this week. Cordy's position reaped goals & his support in ruck was excellent.

Stocker surprised me good rebounds, hand ball gets & tackling ( harassing)

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 8:09pm Cordy & Stocker both lifted significantly this week. Cordy's position reaped goals & his support in ruck was excellent.

Made a point of watching him in the replay and to the eye he looked solid and assured, if he tracks in the upward trajectory I can see him becoming a Lyon's pet.

With Steely out I wonder if they give him minutes in the midfield forward of centre...

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 27 Mar 2023 8:43am
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 8:09pm Cordy & Stocker both lifted significantly this week. Cordy's position reaped goals & his support in ruck was excellent.

Made a point of watching him in the replay and to the eye he looked solid and assured, if he tracks in the upward trajectory I can see him becoming a Lyon's pet.

With Steely out I wonder if they give him minutes in the midfield forward of centre...
He is already rucking but Essendon's giraffes can leap, unlike English and Ro. So that big midfielder role looks likely.

Saintmike65
Club Player

Cordy will be in the starting 23 every week simply due to the fact that he can play back, forward and pinch hit in the ruck.
He’s a guy that plays to his strengths and within his limitations..a very good pick up!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

What happened to him this week?

My impression was that he was subbed in the third not having had much ball but looking at the stats… 37min game time to that point?!

Not a lot of game time. Was he injured?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Horses for courses. He is forward to add age, bulk and experience. He isn't needed in defence
He isn't as effective as Owens in attack and Caminiti doesn't need protecting.
It took 3 weeks to work that out I guess. He may as well be Sharman.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

He had a quiet one last night, although he delivered a nice pass to set up Owens early on.

I'd be really surprised if he were dropped: I think he's playing his role quite well.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift