Josh Battle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Josh Battle

Have I picked up that Josh Battle may have injured himself towards the end of the final quarter?
I noticed he tackled a Freo player over the boundary line. When he got up I noticed he was grabbing himself high up in the groin area. I didn’t know if he was just adjusting his undies at the time. Then I noticed he looked in discomfort when he had to make two defensive tackles, taking players to the ground.. He seemed inconvenienced getting up from the ground both times. He said something to Cordy(I think it was) and seemed to take himself back from the main area of play that was happening at the time & placed himself more in the back pocket not standing a Freo player. In the final minute or so of play he either took a mark or received a free (I can’t recall how he got the ball) near the back pocket. When he took the kick, which he placed out on the half back flank, he grimaced when he kicked.
The game finished not long after that kick.

Maybe it was just cramp. Hope so. All this happened at the final 8 or so minutes of play.
Anyone else notice it? Or am I just a worry wort thinking injuries might start to impact our back line now?
Poor Jimmy Webster looked rather banged up at the end of the day! Can’t have our back lines succumbing to the injury curse.

Lennylegs
Club Player

Re: Josh Battle

Pretty sure it was cramp for Josh. Let's hope so, anyway. Becoming a very dependable player. Thought he was bloody great yesterday.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Battle

Lennylegs wrote: Mon 20 Mar 2023 11:08pm Pretty sure it was cramp for Josh. Let's hope so, anyway. Becoming a very dependable player. Thought he was bloody great yesterday.
🤞