What was on the audio?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

What was on the audio?

That Lyon had to apologise for??

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: What was on the audio?

Possibly, private stuff said between coaches about Saints players?

I would imagine (no proof, just a hunch) that other clubs would just use Foxtel or Kayo to watch a replay, if they wanted.
Behind the goals vision surely wouldn't be attractive to anyone unless an ump wanted a closer vision of a potentially reportable offence?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shadrock
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Wed 08 Mar 2023 7:20pm Possibly, private stuff said between coaches about Saints players?

I would imagine (no proof, just a hunch) that other clubs would just use Foxtel or Kayo to watch a replay, if they wanted.
Behind the goals vision surely wouldn't be attractive to anyone unless an ump wanted a closer vision of a potentially reportable offence?
Behind the goals vision is the preferred way for coaches to watch a replay as its easier to see overall structure of the team.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 08 Mar 2023 7:11pm That Lyon had to apologise for??
for giving away the secrets to "unfinished business".

Clarko is probably already changing his program over at North to get ahead of the curve.

I will spew up if North play finals this year!!!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I think the clues point to things being said that could potentially create division between coach and players.

It’s not often that you have your bosses come out with a statement that includes the word ‘care’ in it.

“Our focus is on creating a program with high integrity, open communication and care for our people”

I thought the Saints wanted a culture all about results and winning.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he was bagging the fk out of some players

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Almost certainly

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 08 Mar 2023 7:29pm

Clarko is probably already changing his program over at North to get ahead of the curve.

I'll spew more if we get pantsed by opposition clubs and our own staff are sabotaging any chance we had to be competitive

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 8:13am
Vortex wrote: Wed 08 Mar 2023 7:29pm

I'll spew more if we get pantsed by opposition clubs and our own staff are sabotaging any chance we had to be competitive
I'm thinking this weeks training will focus on basic computer skills and how to use dropbox

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon better not refer back to this incident and use it as an excuse why we didn't make finals ☺️

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I think if we get pantsed Ross will just say
“Let’s go to the tape….not that one…the other one…”

“Yeah….nah””
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 6:51am
I think the clues point to things being said that could potentially create division between coach and players.

It’s not often that you have your bosses come out with a statement that includes the word ‘care’ in it.

“Our focus is on creating a program with high integrity, open communication and care for our people”

I thought the Saints wanted a culture all about results and winning.
I don't fancy a return to Cuddles' style of 'khumbaya' and sitting around a campfire

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
spert
Saintsational Legend

There was always a possibility of comments being made about those with nothing to do with the club, so it potentially could be messy. Let's hope it all fades away.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 7:17am I reckon he was bagging the fk out of some players
Yep.

Audiogate. Last thing we f****** need. :roll:

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

In seven days time it will be completely forgotten.

We move on

Sanctorum
Club Player

Just a squall in a thimble, hardly worth reporting but as we've come to expect from the media, they've seized on this 'oops moment' by a backroom staffer at Moorabbin to once again bag our club.

I was particularly incensed by the following report on Fox Footy:

"Long-time reporter Tony Jones said on Nine News: “That’s been a great source of embarrassment for the St Kilda footy club apparently, and Ross Lyon in particular.

“Let’s just say the fear is the language was quite fruity, and the assessment of some of the players was quite frank to the point that to preempt any shock and embarrassment that might come when this audio is leaked ... Ross has actually spoken to the players one-on-one today, (to) those who might be let’s say a bit put out by his views on them
.”

For a start, the audio file was only on the AFL portal for a few hours before it was deleted.

If by some remote chance anyone actually heard the audio of the coaches box you can bet London to a brick that this would have been sold to the AFL media and we would be reading actual verbatim quotes all over the papers and TV today.

For Tony Jones to idly speculate, without the slightest veracity, that Lyon bagged any of his players in that clip is seriously mischievous and highly irresponsible and I hope Simon Lethlean issues a strong statement condemning this sort of gutter reporting!

In Gideon Haigh's excellent column in today's Australian discussing the 4th test between India and Australia he quotes the late Tommy Docherty, legendary Scottish footballer in the EPL, having this to say about the media:

"I've always said there's a place for the press but they haven't dug it yet."
Last edited by Sanctorum on Thu 09 Mar 2023 12:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 11:38am Just a squall in a thimble, hardly worth reporting but as we've come to expect from the media, they've seized on this 'oops moment' by a backroom staffer at Moorabbin to once again bag our club.

I was particularly incensed by the following report on Fox Footy:

"Long-time reporter Tony Jones said on Nine News: “That’s been a great source of embarrassment for the St Kilda footy club apparently, and Ross Lyon in particular.

“Let’s just say the fear is the language was quite fruity, and the assessment of some of the players was quite frank to the point that to preempt any shock and embarrassment that might come when this audio is leaked ... Ross has actually spoken to the players one-on-one today, (to) those who might be let’s say a bit put out by his views on them
.”

For a start, the audio file was only on the AFL portal for a few hours before it was deleted.

If by some remote chance anyone actually heard the audio of the coaches box you can bet London to a brick that this would have been sold to the AFL media and we would be reading actual verbatim quotes all over the papers and TV today.

For Tony Jones to idly speculate, without the slightest veracity, that Lyon bagged any of his players in that clip is seriously mischievous and highly irresponsible and I hope Simon Lethlean issues a strong statement condemming tghis sort of gutter reporting!

In Gideon Haigh's excellent column in today's Australian discussing the 4th test between India and Australia he quotes the late Tommy Docherty, legendary Scottish footballer in the EPL, having this to say about the media:

"I've always said there's a place for the press but they haven't dug it yet."

Bad language in a coaches box. Well I'll be f***ed who'd have thought.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saynta
Saintsational Legend

'"Long-time reporter Tony Jones said on Nine News: “That’s been a great source of embarrassment for the St Kilda footy club apparently, and Ross Lyon in particular.

“Let’s just say the fear is the language was quite fruity, and the assessment of some of the players was quite frank to the point that to preempt any shock and embarrassment that might come when this audio is leaked ... Ross has actually spoken to the players one-on-one today, (to) those who might be let’s say a bit put out by his views on them.”

f****** disgraceful bulls*** reporting from a real scumbag.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The opposition knowing what we are doing, will happen when we are good enough to do it. At the moment, it wont matter what it is, it's clear we are having a development year.

I'm of the opinion that this is just more distraction from our plans not to win yet. Our success will depend on how quickly Owens, Phillipou, Adams and Vans Es can develop and get on the field.

We can improve and win less games.

I also reckon that a few players who aren't staying, just got told.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 1:56pm '"Long-time reporter Tony Jones said on Nine News: “That’s been a great source of embarrassment for the St Kilda footy club apparently, and Ross Lyon in particular.

“Let’s just say the fear is the language was quite fruity, and the assessment of some of the players was quite frank to the point that to preempt any shock and embarrassment that might come when this audio is leaked ... Ross has actually spoken to the players one-on-one today, (to) those who might be let’s say a bit put out by his views on them.”

f****** disgraceful bulls*** reporting from a real scumbag.
That grub speaking in that way, suggests to the gullible, that he heard it all.
If you argue with them, saying 'speculation', they'll reply 'but why would he say it if it weren't true?'

The gullible swallow anything fruity.
They're the ones saying '5G is actually causing covid' and stuff like that

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Tony Jones is a creep

Rubyjo
Club Player

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Tony Jones has lived a cosseted life. Imagine if he ever worked in construction, had a meeting with some truckies or had to minute a Maritime Union meeting. Soft and pudgy.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 4:59pm Tony Jones is a creep
Yep, amen to that brother, :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Thu 09 Mar 2023 5:13pm Tony Jones has lived a cosseted life. Imagine if he ever worked in construction, had a meeting with some truckies or had to minute a Maritime Union meeting. Soft and pudgy.
With terrible teeth.