Owens

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Lennylegs
Club Player

Re: Owens

Vortex wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 11:50pm
Lennylegs wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 11:39pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 11:34pm
Lennylegs wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 11:26pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 11:04pm
Lennylegs wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 11:01pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 10:47pm
Lennylegs wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 10:36pm
Vortex wrote: Sun 19 Mar 2023 10:24pm Owens looks rugged. I thought he'd create some panick for the defenders over the other options while we wait for injured forwards to come back. Probably needs a bit more time to develop a better kick and set shot.

And Looking forward to seeing him play the midfield a bit more if that's the plan, be nice to have mid that can get the ball going forward out of the middle and then add some score.
Thought he was incredible playing out of position as a 19 year old second year player. Not sure what you mean by saying rugged, but he was given a role and gave maximum effort.

I know you've got hangups about our list, but let's give the kid some credit.
I thought I did?

Let me expand on rugged then if that confused you.

Rugged as in he really bodies the contest and scraps for the disputed ball. That's me giving him credit.
Beautiful then. Glad to hear it.

Sorry for the confusion but the majority of your posts are negative regarding the skill and ability of most of our list. Rugged in this context is pretty obvious.

Go Saints.
One should always be as objective as possible.
As much as possible, yeah.

But I sometimes get the feeling that you're living in the wrong era of football. This isn't the 2010s or 2000s. All lists these days are patch jobs and improvisations compared to those halcyon days of non-expansion and a larger talent pool of players to pick from.

To continually blame our list is such a psychological cop out for supporters, reporters and players alike. I've seen you talk about it all the time. That's why I jumped on your rugged comment.

Honestly, to keep blaming our list is a loser's mentality. Thank God Ross doesn't think that way at all.
Yeah maybe wait until the end of the season before we guess what Ross thinks of the list.
Massive cutbacks, you reckon? Cut right down and end up where Hawthorn are?

You obviously don't get Ross Lyon, which is surprising. A few adjustments here and there, but what you see is what we'll get. I can't wait to see him get every ounce out of these blokes. Who knows how far he can take us.
Yeah well who knows, 22 games to go and maybe Ross will turn every player into a premiership type player, it hadn't been done before and he might make international headlines if it happens. Or he might have to turn the list over to some degree, we will find out in November
Mate, it's not even about turning anyone into a premiership player. It's about putting ourselves into a position of winning more games than we lose.

We get a good run with injuries, we'll trouble any top six side if we bring today's effort. And with Ross as coach, we'll get more of that effort than in the past.

Really do reckon you should rethink how you view the current game and recruiting. We've got enough on the list to make some serious in roads. I'm sick of the excuses.

SaintWiki
Club Player

Whatever the experts on this page think, the inclusions and gameplan for Freo left us at times times, screaming, swearing and sighing, but for some of us it was also very exciting, inspiring and successful as well. I don't remember reading where the Coach stated this was a permanent line-up or a long-term plan.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The pressure was immense and the energy was undeniable. We took out 23 blokes who were all focussed on the same thing. We were 4 goals better than Freo and let's a few slip from frustration with the umpire.

When you looked at the highlights package, we got enough right to kick 10.7
from some from stats I saw last year, if we can kick 13.9 every week, we will win.

Owens 2 goals and Phillipou 1 is something I believe will be consistent.
Gresham might have got 6 if he wasnt so out of form in the first half and he might need a frontal lobotomy but he is very dangerous, Higgins was selfless and dynamic, he is a good target.
Membrey and King will complete the fwd 6. 13.9 is not far off.
The only concern atm, is Freo aren't that good.