Myth on Hunter Clark pure nonsense

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmike65
Club Player

Myth on Hunter Clark pure nonsense

Ok guys, to all on this forum who think Hunter Clark doesn’t do gym work, take it to the bank he does his weights like every other player on our list!
He just doesn’t put on muscle, similar to Michael Tuck, Dean Laidley, Farren Ray, Ken Hunter etc.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Myth on Hunter Clark pure nonsense

I always thought the suggestion was more about his overall fitness…

Don’t get me wrong… I have no inside sources… the scuttle butt has been about his tank with a suggestion that he reluctant to do more than the bare minimum

For example… everybody heard that Coffield was burning the track pre-injury last year and the talk is that he’s come back with the same drive.

Up until about 2 days ago, I don’t think I’d read a positive training report for well over a year

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

The angry mob on here who have been bashing Hunter Clark for the past 12 months need to stop. Don't they remember the good games he has played for us, particularly in defense? I'd love to see how they'd cope after copping the nasty injuries he's had in recent times .This has been just about the worst and most relentless attack on a Saints player I have witnessed on here, and it's pretty damned distasteful.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 1:47pm The angry mob on here who have been bashing Hunter Clark for the past 12 months need to stop. Don't they remember the good games he has played for us, particularly in defense? I'd love to see how they'd cope after copping the nasty injuries he's had in recent times .This has been just about the worst and most relentless attack on a Saints player I have witnessed on here, and it's pretty damned distasteful.
Well said mate and you are not wrong. Disgraceful some of the comments on here.

I said a couple of months ago that Hunter would be the forum's new whipping boy and I couldn't have been more right.

And fans (I use that term loosely) wonder why players like Hunter and Long want to leave Moorabbin.

Saintmike65
Club Player

I was really impressed with Hunter yesterday, played in the midfield match sim and was very creative.
His dual sided ability and evasion just gives us a different look amongst our midfield options.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Mav Weller was/is built like a body builder? Correlation with being a body double for Chris Hemsworth and also a very good footballer seems doubtful at best?
Hunter owes this pitiful forum nothing.
I really admire his rare skill set, courage and mental strength. Go HC!

Saintmike65
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 1:36pm I always thought the suggestion was more about his overall fitness…

Don’t get me wrong… I have no inside sources… the scuttle butt has been about his tank with a suggestion that he reluctant to do more than the bare minimum

For example… everybody heard that Coffield was burning the track pre-injury last year and the talk is that he’s come back with the same drive.

Up until about 2 days ago, I don’t think I’d read a positive training report for well over a year
Well said..it’s interesting how sports people that have a bit of a laconic way about them are labeled lazy.
This young man has suffered a couple of shocking facial injuries but still shows unwavering courage when he comes back.
I for one will be hoping he plays a pivotal role in our fight for respect and relevance again!!

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 2:25pm
skeptic wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 1:36pm I always thought the suggestion was more about his overall fitness…

Well said..it’s interesting how sports people that have a bit of a laconic way about them are labeled lazy.
This young man has suffered a couple of shocking facial injuries but still shows unwavering courage when he comes back.
I for one will be hoping he plays a pivotal role in our fight for respect and relevance again!!
I certainly can’t imagine that he wouldn’t.

Kid is an absolute diamond and my suspicion is that criticism has come on more from him not taking the next step as opposed to concern about talent.

Don’t think I’ve read anything to suggest that people think he doesn’t have the capability.

Both he and Coffield are players who if they can get back to more consistently producing what we know they can, elevate us to finals contention

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Skillfull and fearless..that'll do me any day of the week

B.M
Saintsational Legend

No one wants him to bulk up with muscle!

Perhaps improve his aerobic fitness and lost the puppy fat around his midriff would be nice

Have you ever heard his name mentioned as a top 10 runner at the club

Can assure you he finishes towards the end of the pack

saynta
Saintsational Legend

These are the players that I believe will have greater imput in season 2023, as we head to towards another final campaign.

And at the very top of my list I have:

Hunter Clark

Then:

Zac Jones.
Jack Steele
Jack Billings
Jade Gresham
Jack Bytel
Nick Coffield
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
Marcus Windhager &
Mitch Owens.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 24 Jan 2023 5:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Im sorry Mike but thats absolute bollocks!

Anyone can add muscle definition if they do the work. For those who regularly attend a gym will see people who never seem to improve, but when you actually drill down and watch what they are doing it is just sheer laziness. They are kidding themseleves, by one not doing the reps (quickly enough to fatigue the muscles) to get the benefit or they are not lifting any weight or both. To believe otherwise is a complete cop out by the club and Clark.

Ive watched young blokes do one set of bench press and then sit on their phone for 20 minutes before repeating the process. The blokes who do the work always get the benefits....always.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

In my younger days I went to the gym with guys who worked their arses off and never got any definition, and I knew guys who never went to the gym or played any sport who were ripped.

Not everyone's biology is the same

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

You also forget that Clark missed the first half of 2022 with a shoulder injury. Ever thought that the fitness guys have had to manage his weights program carefully and gradually because of that?

Saintmike65
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 3:46pm Im sorry Mike but thats absolute bollocks!

Anyone can add muscle definition if they do the work. For those who regularly attend a gym will see people who never seem to improve, but when you actually drill down and watch what they are doing it is just sheer laziness. They are kidding themseleves, by one not doing the reps (quickly enough to fatigue the muscles) to get the benefit or they are not lifting any weight or both. To believe otherwise is a complete cop out by the club and Clark.

Ive watched young blokes do one set of bench press and then sit on their phone for 20 minutes before repeating the process. The blokes who do the work always get the benefits....always.
Milne and Farren Ray tried for 10 years to bulk up…try telling your theory to Dustin Fletcher & Michael Tuck…I’m telling you for a fact, Hunter Clark DOES the work.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Tony Lockett never had definition. How'd that work out for him?

Saintmike65
Club Player

B.M wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 3:19pm No one wants him to bulk up with muscle!

Perhaps improve his aerobic fitness and lost the puppy fat around his midriff would be nice

Have you ever heard his name mentioned as a top 10 runner at the club

Can assure you he finishes towards the end of the pack
Not everyone is an endurance beast…a guy like Byrnes would kill for Hunter Clark’s skill set.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

By the way, its football not athletics or an episode of the bachelor. Focus on the kicking, handball and positioning. Running around like a bluearsed fly might show effort but that's not what is recorded on the scoreboard. Fitness is a means to an end. Possession and ball movement trumps all.
And to be concerned about the head coach's pot belly enough to post about it; losing the plot.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 4:49pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 3:46pm Im sorry Mike but thats absolute bollocks!

Milne and Farren Ray tried for 10 years to bulk up…try telling your theory to Dustin Fletcher & Michael Tuck…I’m telling you for a fact, Hunter Clark DOES the work.
Fletcher & Tuck were sticks completely different physical traits to Clark. Farren Ray was also thin but wiry, I reckon Milne just put more credence in other forns of training.

Clark has no excuses with the right diet and exercises (weights), I dont believe he cant improve his physique.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

As long as he continues with his sublime skills, I don't give a f*** about his build and I can't for the life of me work out why it is such a gigantic issue.

Some posters need to get a f****** life.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

This thread is hilarious.
The bloke is not fit enough
He has not reached his potential at all
Yes he has had collision injuries, yes he is courageous.
Just because you question his work ethic, doesn’t mean you question his ability.
He should be an a grader and he’s not, and he’s not because I don’t think he works hard enough as a professional athlete.
Am I not allowed this opinion?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

You are allowed that opinion maverick but a poster has debunked (offered another opinion) the myth that Clark is not working hard enough. Have you seen him skipping sessions, not reaching his targets as set by the fitness staff?

Why is he an A grader? Is that your expectation? Can he be a B grader and still be best 23 in a Premiership Team? I think he has qualities and abilities that make him best 23. Time will tell. My opinion.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 6:18pm You are allowed that opinion maverick but a poster has debunked (offered another opinion) the myth that Clark is not working hard enough. Have you seen him skipping sessions, not reaching his targets as set by the fitness staff?

Why is he an A grader? Is that your expectation? Can he be a B grader and still be best 23 in a Premiership Team? I think he has qualities and abilities that make him best 23. Time will tell. My opinion.
Personally, and I recon I speak on behalf of all footy pundits, I'd like my pick 7s to be A graders, I'd like to think our recruiters feel the same.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

So after ten years there would be around 70 A Graders in the AFL? I don't think so.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 24 Jan 2023 7:03pm So after ten years there would be around 70 A Graders in the AFL? I don't think so.
Lol smack :lol: