Milestones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milestones

What did Geelong win with Kelly in the team?

A lot of games and made it to two Prelims

WCE finished bottom 4

Des Headland
Gun in Brisbane
Less so at Freo

One of the things you can’t control as a player - is how good your team mates are

All you can do is play well and do your job

Steven and Ross did that - generally in poor teams

Credit to them

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 11:14am
B.M wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 10:54am 12 wins in one of those seasons

Not sure if he was our best player and we performed poorly - it was his fault?

Flawed logic

More likely it was those who were our worst players at that time who were more to blame?

Question
How did you rate Jack Steven?

I think Seb, because he was there and he was our best player - he has become a symbol of mediocrity. And his achievements down played.

I think that’s a ridiculous notion. Players perform or not
In that era not enough performed - Seb was one of the few that did
I'm just asking the question. You can't make up your mind if Seb is a great footballer or a great servant of the football club. I think you are trying to say the latter.

Robert Harvey was a great of the Club. Because Seb played in a s*** squad, his stats will say he is a great of the club. After we nose dived from finals. Seb is good. He was never an AA.
You are an astute man/person CQ and bang on the money!
Seb has been a good solid citizen on his day (very poor at times too with clear limitations in kicking and pace)
He’s not going to define IF Saints win their next flag and has benefited I suspect from standing out in some poor squads (I think Steven did too but that’s not their fault that’s how it landed)
He will be hopefully pushed out by a new, more talented brigade of young mids coming through IF we are to genuinely challenge for a flag.
BM - you’ve been owned on this time to shut up shop.

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 5:25pm

Flawed logic

More likely it was those who were our worst players at that time who were more to blame?

Question

I think Seb, because he was there and he was our best player - he has become a symbol of mediocrity. And his achievements down played.

I'm just asking the question. You can't make up your mind if Seb is a great footballer or a great servant of the football club. I think you are trying to say the latter.

Robert Harvey was a great of the Club. Because Seb played in a s*** squad, his stats will say he is a great of the club. After we nose dived from finals. Seb is good. He was never an AA.
Seb has been a good solid citizen on his day (very poor at times too with clear limitations in kicking and pace)
He’s not going to define IF Saints win their next flag and has benefited I suspect from standing out in some poor squads (I think Steven did too but that’s not their fault that’s how it landed)
He will be hopefully pushed out by a new, more talented brigade of young mids coming through IF we are to genuinely challenge for a flag.
oh my.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 5:30pm

Flawed logic

Question

oh my.
Again….nothing to contribute to the actual topic?
Just cheap shots ?
It’s wearing thin for all so how bout you just resist responding to me at all for the hood of the board?
Better still “foe” me or whatever it’s called (must learn how to do that)
I won’t miss reading anything you post I can assure you

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 6:16pm
saynta wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 5:30pm

Flawed logic

Question

oh my.
Again….nothing to contribute to the actual topic?
Just cheap shots ?
It’s wearing thin for all so how bout you just resist responding to me at all for the hood of the board?
Better still “foe” me or whatever it’s called (must learn how to do that)
I won’t miss reading anything you post I can assure you
Goes for me too. Your verbal diarrhea and your constant
'look at me" posts are so underwhelming and quite frankly, f****** boring.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I actually think Teffers, you are so wanting to be right about Ross

You ignore the obvious

He’s a good player

Have some fkn respect for a guy who’s
Been StK Capt
Been a dual club champion
Will be a 200 gamer

Out of the hundreds of players who’ve been lucky enough to get a game for StK
He’s achieved what a small percentage has done

And you bag him out

Seriously, a fkn joke

I’m all for telling it how it is for players who aren’t up to it. But this want to bag out a player who’s given 100% and actually stood up and performed - it’s ridiculous

He retires right now - he’s had a great career as an AFL player

But ol Teffers doesn’t rate him.

Let’s see if your idol Lyon gives him a game?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 9:46pm I actually think Teffers, you are so wanting to be right about Ross

You ignore the obvious

He’s a good player

Have some fkn respect for a guy who’s
Been StK Capt
Been a dual club champion
Will be a 200 gamer

Out of the hundreds of players who’ve been lucky enough to get a game for StK
He’s achieved what a small percentage has done

And you bag him out

Seriously, a fkn joke

I’m all for telling it how it is for players who aren’t up to it. But this want to bag out a player who’s given 100% and actually stood up and performed - it’s ridiculous

He retires right now - he’s had a great career as an AFL player

But ol Teffers doesn’t rate him.

Let’s see if your idol Lyon gives him a game?
Look I’ll only respond cause you’re still not getting it but I’ll try and make it clear for you.
I don’t give a **** if Seb Ross was the mayor of St Kilda.
I am so far over idolising, fanboying over individuals at the St Kilda FC it’s not funny.
Cog in chain on way to flag for the CLUB - that’s all I give a Shyte about.
You can keep your “Seb respect” and park it with the rest of your fake indignation I could give 2 Shytes
IF Windhager is the next model up on Ross - out with the old and in with the new to march forward and improve.
That’s all I care about (oh and RTB …he’s a gem)
Comprende?

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

You are a fanboy- ahem - Ross Lyon

I’m am not a fanboy
I just defend Seb because people who obviously don’t know the first thing about footy, despite all the evidence that suggests otherwise- denigrate him - because we were a pretty average team at times - when he was our best player…. Best player!

He is seriously underrated
He is a gut runner
Great defensive mid
Elite hands

I’ll paint a picture for you Teffers
Imagine you played a game of AFL - imagine in that game of 44 AFL players - you were voted in the best 3 players on the field!
Must mean you can play a bit… doesn’t it??

Imagine if you did that 23 times… hmm 🤔

You realise Seb Ross has done that!

That’s what Mitch Owens, Mattaus Phillipou, Ryan Byrnes, Jack Bytel need to be able to do!
Dominate a game of AFL footy

When they show they can do that - then they take his place

Not because they are potentially good because they are high DPs

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 10:39pm You are a fanboy- ahem - Ross Lyon

I’m am not a fanboy
I just defend Seb because people who obviously don’t know the first thing about footy, despite all the evidence that suggests otherwise- denigrate him - because we were a pretty average team at times - when he was our best player…. Best player!

He is a gut runner
Great defensive mid
Elite hands

Imagine you played a game of AFL - imagine in that game of 44 AFL players - you were voted in the best 3 players on the field!

That’s what Mitch Owens, Mattaus Phillipou, Ryan Byrnes, Jack Bytel need to be able to do!

Why do they need to dominate games of football. Because you have a hero complex?
I'll settle for them playing a role, in good game plan, with lots of other talented footballers, who are really fit and spend the next 35 games nailing it and then coming flying through that premiership window and I reckon we will see Seb Ross's career best football in that time. His role will change again and he won't be going anywhere.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

If they’re taking the spot of a guy who averages 25 a game and defends well they will have to replace or better his output

Simple

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 11 Jan 2023 8:49am If they’re taking the spot of a guy who averages 25 a game and defends well they will have to replace or better his output

Simple
There not here to take his spot. They are there to finish off his work. Watch his numbers soar this year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 10:39pm You are a fanboy- ahem - Ross Lyon

I’m am not a fanboy

He is a gut runner
Great defensive mid
Elite hands

If I’m a fanboy you’re a sycophant..
Who cares
You’re footy knowledge is boorish at best - full of cliched dribble you read in the Hun so stop patting yourself on the back like some failed AFL tragic FFS it’s embarrassing
AGAIN a show me WHERE I said kids need to gifted games if they aren’t up to it to push Ross out??
PUT UP or shut up time (I think BM…stands for something else..)
That aside Ross will be pushed out of our midfield group by better kids coming through - that I’m sure of
It’s just a matter of time….as he’s a good handy player nothing special despite how many times you tell us he won a BnF or played a good game and once got 4,000 possessions…
Tick tock….
We gotta keep moving forward….

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sycophant....another word that you have learnt from me. Do you even know what it means?

B M is hardly a sycophant while on the other hand.....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 11 Jan 2023 5:00pm Sycophant....another word that you have learnt from me. Do you even know what it means?

Actually you’re right ….it’s more you thats the sycophant…playing up to the mods daily with your grubby little thread hijacking games…all the while offering ZERO football content to the site …
Good call I agree.
You are a sycophant
As for you teaching anyone words….you can barely read/comprehend there’s not a snow flakes chance in hell you’d be teaching anyone about reading…
Isn’t that why you rely on emojis so much - dat meens ewe git les wordz to speell?
Again I ask you not to reply to my posts (in this case a conversation with another poster) and again you can’t help yourself….it’s not good .. you need help.
Please desist.

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 11 Jan 2023 9:20pm
saynta wrote: Wed 11 Jan 2023 5:00pm Sycophant....another word that you have learnt from me. Do you even know what it means?

Actually you’re right ….it’s more you thats the sycophant…playing up to the mods daily with your grubby little thread hijacking games…all the while offering ZERO football content to the site …
Good call I agree.
You are a sycophant
As for you teaching anyone words….you can barely read/comprehend there’s not a snow flakes chance in hell you’d be teaching anyone about reading…
Isn’t that why you rely on emojis so much - dat meens ewe git les wordz to speell?
Again I ask you not to reply to my posts (in this case a conversation with another poster) and again you can’t help yourself….it’s not good .. you need help.
Please desist.
Sycophant - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms - Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com › dictionary › sycophant
A sycophant is a person who tries to win favor from wealthy or influential people by flattering them. Also known as brown-nosers, teacher's pets or suck-ups ...

Actually describes you perfectly. :wink: :wink: 8-)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 10:04am
Teflon wrote: Wed 11 Jan 2023 9:20pm

Good call I agree.
You are a sycophant
Please desist.
Sycophant - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms - Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com › dictionary › sycophant
A sycophant is a person who tries to win favor from wealthy or influential people by flattering them. Also known as brown-nosers, teacher's pets or suck-ups ...

Actually describes you perfectly. :wink: :wink: 8-)
Look I could come back with some silly little comment about failed lawyer wannabes and rolly eyes but let’s not clog the board up any longer shall we?
I’ll ask again (not for me - I could play all day!) but for others please desist from responding to my posts/threads unless you have a meaningful Football comment to make
The rest is gibberish
Thank you
Teflon.

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Still with the insults. One thing I never was, was a failed lawyer Wannabe. :roll: You don't respond to my posts and I won't to yours.

I think the board is sick of your childish abuse. I know I am.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 12:42pm Still with the insults. One thing I never was, was a failed lawyer Wannabe. :roll: You don't respond to my posts and I won't to yours.

Again, I have asked you to stop responding with stupid, inane nonsense and you persist.
In the interest of others please desist.
I would also like you to remove any posters of me you have on your bedroom walls…unnerving…particularly given you’ve mentioned knowing a bit about butt plugs etc..

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 1:09pm
saynta wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 12:42pm Still with the insults. One thing I never was, was a failed lawyer Wannabe. :roll: You don't respond to my posts and I won't to yours.

Again, I have asked you to stop responding with stupid, inane nonsense and you persist.
I would also like you to remove any posters of me you have on your bedroom walls…unnerving…particularly given you’ve mentioned knowing a bit about butt plugs etc..
Again with the offensive words. You can't help yourself can you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 1:42pm

Again with the offensive words. You can't help yourself can you. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I didn’t bring up butt plugs…..you did
See that’s the problem as we get older…forget what we say
That aside you are STILL responding to me
Let’s just take it to PM off the board (spare others) hey and we can really go at it hammer and tongs????

“Yeah….nah””
happy feet
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 6:03pm

Let’s just take it to PM off the board (spare others) hey and we can really go at it hammer and tongs????
Gentlemen, I like you both, but please consider walking away from this forum for a few days.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 6:59pm

Gentlemen, I like you both, but please consider walking away from this forum for a few days.
Are you crazy! two of our more entertaining posters/personalities.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 10 Jan 2023 10:56am

Flawed logic

Question

I think Seb because he was there, he was our best player - he has become a symbol of mediocrity. And his achievements down played.

I did not rate Jack Steven. He was lazy, stupid and distracted.
Lazy, stupid and distracted enough to win 4 Trevor Barker medals. Gee, he might have been able to play a bit if it weren't for him being lazy, stupid and dumb. :(

Saint supporter since '62
happy feet
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 7:10pm

Do us a favour Vortex, just sit on the sidelines and say nothing.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 7:17pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 12 Jan 2023 7:10pm

Do us a favour Vortex, just sit on the sidelines and say nothing.

"Us", ??? a bit of self-positioning there.

Gee for someone called Happyfeet you sure don't come across as happy.