Who the bloody hell is Mark Duffield?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Who the bloody hell is Mark Duffield?

Some hack journalist from Western Australia has joined Hutchy’s gronks on SEN and he seems to have an axe to grind with St.Kilda (or does he just like to punch down?):

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/11/14/ ... -of-their/

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who the bloody hell is Mark Duffield?

Another old try-hard trying to make a name for himself. Fascinatingly, he is the uncle of Paul Duffield who played under Ross Lyon at Freo from 2012 to 2015

Article will be forgotten by tomorrow, just like the pea brain who wrote it. Finishing up with the West Australian this year...seeking employment over east?

Pre season starts in 7 days. Lyon, Harvey, Goddard, and Hayes will be out there with the players and Mark Duffield will be a footnote in season 2022.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Who in the hell cares. I'm not in the mood to read anything written by a f***wit backward turd masquerading as a scribe from the bum f*** state.

Sorry WA saintsational members but your backward state is some 20 years behind the rest of us when it comes to modern ideas and rational forward thinking.
Last edited by saynta on Mon 14 Nov 2022 7:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

I don’t know who he is but I heard he’s “quite brilliant”

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Mon 14 Nov 2022 6:03pm Some hack journalist from Western Australia has joined Hutchy’s gronks on SEN and he seems to have an axe to grind with St.Kilda (or does he just like to punch down?):

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/11/14/ ... -of-their/
Yep, this regurgitation ad nauseum approach is now so old. Nary a balancing mention of the post bye debacles; a casual observer might think Ratts (who had the side for years, not 5 minutes or 100 days whatever time frame they want to refer to out of context) had actually coached a good fight in the last few months of the season when actually we were well out of contention a long way from home, failing every serious challenge to make the 8 after being given a flying start. Not sure what his point is - Club loses 8 of 11 and changes coach - shock horror. A number of clubs finished below us. Geelong absolutely flogged/humiliated Sydney in the GF. Saints are not the only side with flaws; at least we are doing something about them. Perhaps as he is from WA he wants to give Ross another boot on the way out: Ross was very unpopular with Freo fans by the time he left, and that's a journos job, be superficial and nasty. Once on the receiving end of a Lyon barb at a presser? I feel for BM and Vortex though, this Duffield guy is getting paid for what looks like plagiarism of their material. Not on, get your own material and get stuck into the fallen Eagles, note also Voss completely stuffed up Carlton making the 8 when all they had to do was not panic 4 or 5 times in as many games. I believe we beat Carlton to prevent them making finals for quite some time. There's a story for you. Go Sainters!

saints4eva
Club Player

He came to the party late with this story and only rehashed what has already been written. Lazy journalism

saints4eva
Club Player

He came to the party late with this story and only rehashed what has already been written. Lazy journalism

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saints4eva wrote: Mon 14 Nov 2022 7:03pm He came to the party late with this story and only rehashed what has already been written. Lazy journalism
Agreed
Puff piece journalism by a WA bottom feeder
Crawled out of a whole and decides to write a story on a story that’s already old!! Editors will be naming him “scoop” soon enough
What’s really funny abd I’ve observed this time and again by media w@nkers lining up to have a crack…they still refuse to say the actual decision to sack Ratten was wrong…????
They just want to feign their indignation for the terrible things Saints did to Brett and ride the tried and true hobby horse of let’s kick the Saints.
It’s this sort of disrespectful drivel to the club Walsh and Lyon have spoken of in recent times
I hope this tw@t rocks up to the first presser after we win abd Ross gives him a nice old shirt front …

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saints4eva wrote: Mon 14 Nov 2022 7:03pm He came to the party late with this story and only rehashed what has already been written. Lazy journalism
💯!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What a Kent!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

My reaction was the same as everybody else's here. I've never heard of him and never will. Get him back to his ward and balance his meds.

Saint supporter since '62
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saynta wrote: Mon 14 Nov 2022 6:48pm Who in the hell cares. I'm not in the mood to read anything written by a f***wit backward turd masquerading as a scribe from the bum f*** state.

Sorry WA saintsational members but your backward state is some 20 years behind the rest of us when it comes to modern ideas and rational forward thinking.
🤠🤭
No offence taken 🤣

Although I've lived in WA for a few years, I am a Victorian through n through.
I hate the locals (sorry Loris and cwrcyn) because Perth folk are the most arrogant, self-important, unintelligent shitstains in the nation.
I have spent time in Sydney, Brisbane, Maryborough (Qld) and Townsville, and my own opinion, FWIW, is Perth-born boneheads aren't worthy to shine the shoes of folks from those towns.

My co-workers know my disdain of Perth folk, but they don't mind- in fact just today we were discussing our customers and young Jaydon called them 'Forrest Gumps' after one customer's stupidity caused him to hurt his knee.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Mark Duffield is a nobody.
The local rag (owned by Kerry Stokes- the boyfriend of Ben Roberts-Smith) occasionally shows TV ads showing Mark Dumbfield sitting at a footy ground trying to look clever, the ad says he's an expert 🤣🤷‍♂️

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Geez, I thought I'd missed the draft and we went with a smokey for our first pick.

Thank God he's only a Hutchy employee, they don't seem to last long and are far from quality.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I'm not from WA, WellardSaint, so absolutely no offence taken :D

saynta
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 5:40am I'm not from WA, WellardSaint, so absolutely no offence taken :D
And Loris is really a Victorian.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Neutral football fans seem to have a different view of St Kilda compared to the die hards. All posts in this thread before mine are from those who are obviously in favour of all the recent decisions.

What part of the analysis and summary of our history from Duffield is wrong?

I don’t know him and I don’t think I’ve ever read anything from him prior to this report, but it seems to hit the mark as far as I’m concerned.

It’s alright if a St Kilda supporter states a few hard truths, but as soon as an outsider starts criticising the club every one gets their back up

It’s happening again. The cult is back. In Ross we must trust because we feel secure when we have a shepherd to follow.

Let’s hope he doesn’t lead us over a cliff like he did last time

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 10:42am Neutral football fans seem to have a different view of St Kilda compared to the die hards. All posts in this thread before mine are from those who are obviously in favour of all the recent decisions.

I don’t know him and I don’t think I’ve ever read anything from him prior to this report, but it seems to hit the mark as far as I’m concerned.

It’s alright if a St Kilda supporter states a few hard truths, but as soon as an outsider starts criticising the club every one gets their back up

It’s happening again. The cult is back. In Ross we must trust because we feel secure when we have a shepherd to follow.

Analysis????
The fact you term that revisionist dribble analysis tells us all about your clear agenda
We get it you don’t like Ross and have some weird perverse approach that enjoys mediocre Saints
Most of us don’t
Time to bang a new drum ..

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I’d play
“It’s The End of The World As We Know It”
But can’t be arsed finding it …

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I blame Grant Thomas

Nearly everything he ‘wanted’ and wished for last year has happened

Sanctorum
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 10:42am Neutral football fans seem to have a different view of St Kilda compared to the die hards. All posts in this thread before mine are from those who are obviously in favour of all the recent decisions.

Like you Scollop I didn't consider this article as particularly offensive - it is the off-season after all so journos are going to write stuff that is rehashed. Most of his criticisms of the way St Kilda has gone about things are reasonable, our footy club has certainly made some very poor decisions in the past 25-30 years. Quite obviously the years 2012-2022 were completely wasted with poor drafting and mediocre coaching.

However I strongly disagree with his and your views about recent events because the club had very good reasons to scrutinise the status quo, failing to make any forward progress after playing finals in 2020, and little prospect of anything changing soon.

What Duffield failed to acknowledge is that Andrew Bassat had no choice but to apply a blowtorch (flamethrower?) to the football department and while I feel the failures were not solely Brett Ratten's, I consider the club did the right thing to terminate his contract and appoint an entirely new team to run football operations and pursue a new direction.

You're right, there are risks that things won't work out as planned but there are some very highly credentialled and experienced individuals pulling the strings at Linton Street that suggests to me that the team will improve considerably in 2023 and beyond. Ross Lyon Mk II has committed to a collegial approach to coaching, so he's no longer a Pied Piper!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Why is everyone so upset?? And people claim the modern generation are the easily offended ones!

Gave it a quick scan and seems he's pretty much on point with everything, echoing a lot of what's been said on here by many for a while now.

He praises Lyon saying he'll improve the club, and he says the re-signing then firing of Rattern was a bit of a circus, which it was!

Just because we are St Kilda doesn't mean we have to play the victims all the time.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
sks023
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 15 Nov 2022 1:13pm Why is everyone so upset?? And people claim the modern generation are the easily offended ones!

Gave it a quick scan and seems he's pretty much on point with everything, echoing a lot of what's been said on here by many for a while now.

He praises Lyon saying he'll improve the club, and he says the re-signing then firing of Rattern was a bit of a circus, which it was!

Just because we are St Kilda doesn't mean we have to play the victims all the time.
Didn't realise how threatened some are by us West Aussies :roll: :roll: :roll:

Look out kids, they keep it all hid