Jarrod Lienert delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Jarrod Lienert delisted

https://www.zerohanger.com/st-kilda-mid ... iFv_WNdgmk

He looked good in the first half of the season. Couldn’t understand why they continuously dropped him for hardly putting a foot wrong. A shame he couldn’t show a little more in the second half of the season. I guess that is what cost him an extra year.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jarrod Lienert delisted

Maybe they will re rookie him.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

He didn't do a lot wrong, he gave his all.

His issue was that he was a midfielder trapped in a KPP's body and he couldn't work out how to bridge the gap. He could have been a decent hybrid defender.

I'm glad we gave him a go. He wasn't far off at all. But he did make mistakes under pressure and didn't know how to defend properly.

Had a gorgeous kick on him, though. I really love that style of kicking (one step, 55m, no effort). Dean Kent also had it. Unfortunately, like Kent, Lienert just didn't have enough other tricks to play at this level. Will eat up the SANFL next year.

A good example of the kind of player who you should throw a lifeline too, even when it doesn't work out.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Well that's a shame.
Plenty of attributes and thought he was getting better with each outing.
Certainly a booming accurate kick.
Given another pre season I thought he'd be really pushing for a regular spot in the 22

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 2:45pm Well that's a shame.
Given another pre season I thought he'd be really pushing for a regular spot in the 22

Coffield and Cordy

Delisting opens up a spot

saint4life
Banger9798
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 2:49pm
Banger9798 wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 2:45pm Well that's a shame.

Coffield and Cordy

Delisting opens up a spot

We've lost:
Long
Geary
Ryder
Hannaberry
Joyce
Kent
Lienert

Added:

Cordy
Coffield (off LTI list)

That leaves 5 spots before we consider rookie list.

Must have someone in mind as a DLFA and we will use that pick in the forties.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
spert
Saintsational Legend

Maybe should have kept him a bit longer - no saying Coff will walk straight back in and cement a position in the backline after serious injury.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I saw him at the Freo game, Rd 2, from memory he didn't seem to do much.
Not sure whether his role was just to block or support, but he didn't seem to get much of the ball...

One mistake stood out- Jack Hayes had marked near the 50, Lienert ran past for a handball (but 2 Dockers were on his hammer) and he got crunched.

Maybe Hayes shoulda looked first, but maybe Jarrod shouldn't have called for it

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I desperately wanted him to do the reverse of Paddy McCartin, and for them to try him up forward. I saw a James Podsiadly there, based on the mark and kick, the grace, and admittedly, the grasshopper physique and hair.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

IMO he was a pretty handy recruit & hopefully he will get picked up as a rookie

Saints58
Club Player

I really liked Lienert his starts are good and would have liked to keep him could play him at CHF he moves well.
We will now go and get a DFA who is not as good as Leinert I would have thought we could have waited a bit to see if we get anyone decent.
I would redraft him as a rookie is a lot better then Allison but who isn't.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 2:17pm https://www.zerohanger.com/st-kilda-mid ... iFv_WNdgmk

He looked good in the first half of the season. Couldn’t understand why they continuously dropped him for hardly putting a foot wrong. A shame he couldn’t show a little more in the second half of the season. I guess that is what cost him an extra year.

Offensively good, but defensively was poor and very loose.

Personally with Highmore's intercept game being better I could not really understand why they kept picking him over Highmore. It is not like Lienert played to his height

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 3:09pm Maybe should have kept him a bit longer - no saying Coff will walk straight back in and cement a position in the backline after serious injury.
Coffield will be top 5 B&F this year. Im backing him in to have a ripper. We might see the same from Clark and Hayes too.
Im going to give Billings one last chance and I reckon young Heath will find his way into a fwd pocket/relief ruck role.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Dead stiff. Given little opportunity. Did little wrong. Got arse. Plenty worse still on list.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Bowey Boy
Club Player

Dead stiff. Given little opportunity. Did little wrong. Got arse. Plenty worse still on list.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if this is a product of Lyon's four hour meeting.

Lienert is a bit unlucky but realistically he was a one year cover for Coffield. Could certainly do a reasonable job for another side, but that's two years in a row that he's been delisted now.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 12:21am I wonder if this is a product of Lyon's four hour meeting.

Lienert is a bit unlucky but realistically he was a one year cover for Coffield. Could certainly do a reasonable job for another side, but that's two years in a row that he's been delisted now.
Absolutely it is.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
axcellence
Club Player

evertonfc wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 2:31pm He didn't do a lot wrong, he gave his all.

His issue was that he was a midfielder trapped in a KPP's body and he couldn't work out how to bridge the gap. He could have been a decent hybrid defender.

I'm glad we gave him a go. He wasn't far off at all. But he did make mistakes under pressure and didn't know how to defend properly.

Had a gorgeous kick on him, though. I really love that style of kicking (one step, 55m, no effort). Dean Kent also had it. Unfortunately, like Kent, Lienert just didn't have enough other tricks to play at this level. Will eat up the SANFL next year.

A good example of the kind of player who you should throw a lifeline too, even when it doesn't work out.
Totally agree. He’s what I call a money ball pick. Other flaws but elite in other areas. It’s a shame that he wasn’t developed or allocated a role properly. Playing as a sub meant there were times he was playing in spots which aren’t his natural strengths. He was elite at rebound 50s. So many times I saw Hill’s kicks out of d50 resulting in a turnover. Lienert’s rebounds usually didn’t come back. Shame it wasn’t recognised and there was so much focus on giving Hill the footy.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 10:43pm
Sainternist wrote: Tue 18 Oct 2022 2:17pm https://www.zerohanger.com/st-kilda-mid ... iFv_WNdgmk

Offensively good, but defensively was poor and very loose.

Personally with Highmore's intercept game being better I could not really understand why they kept picking him over Highmore. It is not like Lienert played to his height
No argument from me. Some of the selections under Ratten were borderline absurd.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Talking on SEN now, presenting well and was told a few weeks ago wouldn't be offered a new contract. Would take the call from any new coach.