Bowes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bowes

And just like that the gap becomes a giant chasm.

We have no hope.

Makes the Long deal look ridiculous in comparison.

Screw this.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saints58
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Mon 03 Oct 2022 4:14pm Bowes apparently wants to go to Geelong. If he doesn't want to come to us, he doesn't want to come.

Now, a few clubs are interested, so Bowes will only go to another club if the $$$ are better. He's owed $1.5 million over two years on a back ended contract. He'll go to Geelong probably on a 5 year deal worth $2.4 million. Now, if we or another club go knocking his manager will say "He wants to go to the Cats. We'll think about it if you can cough up $2.8 million over 5 years, otherwise forget it." Then we have the risk of it becoming a bidding war and the price keeps going up. Where are you prepared to stop? My guess is Gold Coast will facilitate the Geelong move as quickly as it can.

It's fine to sit here and sh#tcan our club around this, but there may be other things at play we don't know about yet. Either way, once a player indicates a strong preference for where he wants to go, it's pretty damn hard to stop that from happening.
Well said if we did get him and pay the 2.8m there would be a meltdown on this site about spending to much on a average player, so dammed if you dammed if you don't.
Gags did say we are after free agents and out of contract bigs forward and defenders.
Well there have been a few KPPs players falling under that category but we only got one and and doesn't look like we will get anyone else.
Not happy with that maybe gags can explain to the supporters and members why when we were targeting FA and out of contract bigs we could only get one?

lefty
Club Player

Did GC do this to free up space for Bing next year?

St.Kilda better be preparing our picks + salary cap space for Bing next year, or I'll be utterly annoyed with no faith.

I want a pair of Kings, that would give me some hope and faith that we may win a premiership in my lifetime, they are st.kilda supporters, just get it done.

AFL worries about GC, but ignore the fact we haven't won a GF for 50+ years.

Saints58
Club Player

lefty wrote: Wed 12 Oct 2022 5:04pm Did GC do this to free up space for Bing next year?

St.Kilda better be preparing our picks + salary cap space for Bing next year, or I'll be utterly annoyed with no faith.

I want a pair of Kings, that would give me some hope and faith that we may win a premiership in my lifetime, they are st.kilda supporters, just get it done.

I would love to get Bing next year now that his mate Rankin is gone it may be easier to get him.
But with our lack of effort in only getting 1 FA or out of contract KPP when clearly we wonted one forward and one back it is not a good sign in trying to secure Bing.
I don't even know if we are going for him.

lefty
Club Player

Saints58 wrote: Wed 12 Oct 2022 5:14pm I would love to get Bing next year now that his mate Rankin is gone it may be easier to get him.
But with our lack of effort in only getting 1 FA or out of contract KPP when clearly we wonted one forward and one back it is not a good sign in trying to secure Bing.
I don't even know if we are going for him.
It just needs to happen. The club needs to prepare and sort it out with a mega deal that is simply too good to refuse.
This alone would boost membership and you'll most likely find other players/midfielders wanting to come to us, as it presents real opportunity and hope.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

But actually make it happen....have Bing nominate us before the trade period, and we just make it happen.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

lefty wrote: Wed 12 Oct 2022 5:04pm Did GC do this to free up space for Bing next year?

Bing only part of their problem. I believe they need the $$ for Rowell and Anderson as well.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Interesting to hear why Bowes chose Geelong today. Apparently they were the only club that genuinely had an interest in him and he felt the other clubs were more about Pick 7. Not a hard choice for him in the end.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
lefty
Club Player

Banger9798 wrote: Wed 12 Oct 2022 7:49pm But actually make it happen....have Bing nominate us before the trade period, and we just make it happen.
Yep, I would be one happy chappy

realdeal
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 12 Oct 2022 7:56pm Interesting to hear why Bowes chose Geelong today. Apparently they were the only club that genuinely had an interest in him and he felt the other clubs were more about Pick 7. Not a hard choice for him in the end.
Completely negligent on our behalf to not guve it a crack. We have cap space, we need draft picks yet here we are holding our salami whilst the reigning premiers have added even more top end youth.

Picks 9 25 and 32 is hardly a draft haul is it...

I guess we just wait with baited breath til draft night now..

realdeal
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 12 Oct 2022 7:56pm Interesting to hear why Bowes chose Geelong today. Apparently they were the only club that genuinely had an interest in him and he felt the other clubs were more about Pick 7. Not a hard choice for him in the end.
Completely negligent on our behalf to not give it a crack. We have cap space, we need draft picks yet here we are holding our salami whilst the reigning premiers are adding even more top end youth in addition to the other young players through trades.

Picks 9 25 and 32 is hardly a draft haul is it...

I guess we just wait with baited breath til draft night now..