Clarko and the Hawks alleged disgusting behaviour.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Re: Clarko and the Hawks disgusting behaviour.

I wonder if this was behind Jeff Kennetts agenda in getting Clarkson out
Always seemed bizarre that a premiership coach was constantly undermined by his president.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Kennett was actually the reason that Rioli retired. He is as bad as anyone at that club.

Don't forget they also had a paedophile as their team manager during this period as well. So much for being the family club.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I would be very surprised if this was limited to just the Hawks and the individuals named. I think this is a perfect snapshot of how far Australia as a whole needs to improve on its treatment of Indigenous people. I wouldn't be surprised that if all clubs scratched beneath the surface more stories like these would rear its extremely ugly head. The allegations are extremely serious and Clarkson and Fagan (and anyone else involved) should be immediately stood down until the AFL complete their own investigation and if found guilty should be permanently banned from any involvement in AFL at any level.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

If Jeff Kennett had become St Kilda's president I would have thrown my membership in the bin

He is a despicable character. Dermott Brereton loves him, so that says plenty about Brereton, and plenty about Kennett

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 12:04pm I would be very surprised if this was limited to just the Hawks and the individuals named. I think this is a perfect snapshot of how far Australia as a whole needs to improve on its treatment of Indigenous people. I wouldn't be surprised that if all clubs scratched beneath the surface more stories like these would rear its extremely ugly head. The allegations are extremely serious and Clarkson and Fagan (and anyone else involved) should be immediately stood down until the AFL complete their own investigation and if found guilty should be permanently banned from any involvement in AFL at any level.
Think we need to take a deep breath and think there maybe a bit of mayo in this.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 12:13pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 12:04pm I would be very surprised if this was limited to just the Hawks and the individuals named. I think this is a perfect snapshot of how far Australia as a whole needs to improve on its treatment of Indigenous people. I wouldn't be surprised that if all clubs scratched beneath the surface more stories like these would rear its extremely ugly head. The allegations are extremely serious and Clarkson and Fagan (and anyone else involved) should be immediately stood down until the AFL complete their own investigation and if found guilty should be permanently banned from any involvement in AFL at any level.
Think we need to take a deep breath and think there maybe a bit of mayo in this.
How and why would you say that?

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Selhurst Saint wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 11:14am Kennett was actually the reason that Rioli retired. He is as bad as anyone at that club.

Don't forget they also had a paedophile as their team manager during this period as well. So much for being the family club.
True.

Gill just let slip that there is more on the report than there is in the story, so it could get very ugly

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I haven’t read it…can only imagine.

Edit…I am only responding to the pregnancy bit…
And I am not condoning it,..it is just the predictable social dynamic that I want to comment on..

I guess Brad Hill will be called.

I don’t doubt the accusations but…how critical will the audience be of the context?

Once again footy clubs/footy culture - never politically/socially progressive (despite the Ronald McDonald House-bannerism of the AFL) will be held up for target practice..and people can shoot away their own guilt and shame. Those times we hoped and prayed that you pulled out. And the media feeds the frenzy.

Hawthorn will be given no praise for encouraging and sponsoring indigenous participation in the sport, and will held to the most damming account with the sharpest blade.

So the boss told them to terminate pregnancies and move on…choose between professional life and having a family at an early age…like fathers and even bosses have told sons, employees for thousands of years, and in many parts of the world still do. It is sad, perhaps they asked for advice, perhaps they were ordered …sad and sadder.

But race is involved, and guilt and legacy and media so the Hawks will go down. I don’t know the details…but you don’t have to see which way the clouds will blow..

Clarkson will have to have known it was in the works, perhaps has a contingency worked out with his legal advisor. I cannot fathom how people can carry on sometimes.
Last edited by shanegrambeau on Wed 21 Sep 2022 12:59pm, edited 2 times in total.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Maybe it was a good thing we didn't Clarkson. Something tells me Hill and Clark aren't going there now.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 12:44pm Maybe it was a good thing we didn't Clarkson. Something tells me Hill and Clark aren't going there now.
Clarkson said he wants Hill!

If Clarko steps down..perhaps Lyon gets the call.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Who?

Lyon the cleanskin

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 12:55pm Who?

Lyon the cleanskin
Here we go.
Yes, you have a point, so North has to be hygienic going forward in order to justify it.?

Maybe.

It is possible that Clarko does a faux mea cupla and dedicates his life to helping indigenous causes.
Maybe they all do..??.
And there is a massive sea change in Australia?
Not out if the question.

There is no where to go.
The pub?

“It’s the end of the world as we know it”. Remember that song?

I don’t think so.

Yes, I suppose Lyon would be considered but you are right, he would not want to be interviewed by the media and have that sage raised again.
The same hanging court awaits. Maybe a little lighter..

Rubyjo
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 12:43pm I haven’t read it…can only imagine.

Edit…I am only responding to the pregnancy bit…
And I am not condoning it,..it is just the predictable social dynamic that I want to comment on..

I guess Brad Hill will be called.

I don’t doubt the accusations but…how critical will the audience be of the context?

Once again footy clubs/footy culture - never politically/socially progressive (despite the Ronald McDonald House-bannerism of the AFL) will be held up for target practice..and people can shoot away their own guilt and shame. Those times we hoped and prayed that you pulled out. And the media feeds the frenzy.

Hawthorn will be given no praise for encouraging and sponsoring indigenous participation in the sport, and will held to the most damming account with the sharpest blade.

So the boss told them to terminate pregnancies and move on…choose between professional life and having a family at an early age…like fathers and even bosses have told sons, employees for thousands of years, and in many parts of the world still do. It is sad, perhaps they asked for advice, perhaps they were ordered …sad and sadder.

But race is involved, and guilt and legacy and media so the Hawks will go down. I don’t know the details…but you don’t have to see which way the clouds will blow..

Clarkson will have to have known it was in the works, perhaps has a contingency worked out with his legal advisor. I cannot fathom how people can carry on sometimes.
Maybe you should read the article first .

Rubyjo
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:26am
amusingname wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:23am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:18am
Gabba wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:09am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 9:54am Sounds over exagerated to be honest.
To add to the above comment, even if only one instance were true that would be extremely bad. I couldn't support a club that did this to its players.
Young player goes to older respected people and asks for advice. Hardly ground breaking.
That’s your take away from the whole report? Unbelievable
No I'm simply saying I think there's a fair bit of mayo on this.

If an 18 year old Lenny Hayes went to Grant Thomas and said his girlfriend was pregnant and he was unsure he what they wanted and Thomas helped him would this be a story?
That's not what happened ..it's reported that the coach suggested aborting a baby. In some camps that's murder.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:10pm
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:26am
amusingname wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:23am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:18am
Gabba wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 10:09am
CURLY wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 9:54am Sounds over exagerated to be honest.
To add to the above comment, even if only one instance were true that would be extremely bad. I couldn't support a club that did this to its players.

Young player goes to older respected people and asks for advice. Hardly ground breaking.
That’s your take away from the whole report? Unbelievable
What about if he came looking for advice?

No I'm simply saying I think there's a fair bit of mayo on this.

If an 18 year old Lenny Hayes went to Grant Thomas and said his girlfriend was pregnant and he was unsure he what they wanted and Thomas helped him would this be a story?
That's not what happened ..it's reported that the coach suggested aborting a baby. In some camps that's murder.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It was brave of Collingwood to do their review

It’s also brave for Hawthorn with this review.

Both long overdue and both absolutely necessary.

Hopefully this is another step forward for educating the younger generation about the systemic culture of racism in our society

For some of the older folk and the dumbasses in our society…I’m just holding out until they curl their toes over

silverhalo
Club Player

Serious question........now I rate Karl Amon very highly as a person and as a footballer. Given that he is indigenous, is this bad enough to sway him to join the Saints rather than 'The Family Club'.

He's got to be having second thoughts!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:35pm
For some of the older folk and the dumbasses in our society…I’m just holding out until they curl their toes over
Exactly.

You wonder how anything like the many things described in the article are possible, but then you read a few comments, and are like "oh year, there it is".

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:10pm …In some camps that's murder.
Here we go..

A: what am I gonna do.
B: Dunno mate…
A: geez
B: have you talked about it with her?
A: she is confused as I am ..we are all
B: I dunno..there are options..I don’t wanna tell you what to do…that’s you decision …
A: yeah..I keep changing my mind…f***! Do you mind if I call the ABC now?

Now everyone knows that the above NEVER happens.

But just look at the way the public will zero in on a vulnerability…a fault line…and blow it up like a BHP fracking unit.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:43pm
Rubyjo wrote: Wed 21 Sep 2022 1:10pm …In some camps that's murder.
Here we go..

A: what am I gonna do.
B: Dunno mate…
A: geez
B: have you talked about it with her?
A: she is confused as I am ..we are all
B: I dunno..there are options..I don’t wanna tell you what to do…that’s you decision …
A: yeah..I keep changing my mind…f***! Do you mind if I call the ABC now?

Now everyone knows that the above NEVER happens.

But just look at the way the public will zero in on a vulnerability…a fault line…and blow it up like a BHP fracking unit.
Great. Another post speculating on what happened and how it happened and what the outcomes should be and how does society treat these individuals whether they are indigenous or not…. and are the AFL and the clubs any different to other corporations, should corporations change their behaviour when we all know that they don’t care about individuals….

You can start philosophical debates in the general forum

How many posts are you going to make in this thread with your thought bubbles?

You are posting a lot of words that don’t mean anything. Can you perhaps just wait until the AFL investigates all allegations before you jump to conclusions

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Taking all the emotion out of this, let's concentrate on the facts here.

Facts are, a very well reputed Journalist has not been backward in naming names here.
My history in Media tells me that this article would have been picked apart by the ABC Lawyers before it was published.
Lawyers would have been very careful about throwing names out there unless they have proof this happened. Otherwise it would have been "Senior Hawthorn Officials" etc instead we get things like "Clarkson said".
Now I don't for a second pretend to know what this evidence or proof is, but believe me there is zero chance that this would have been allowed to be printed unless there was some.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Russell Jackson is one of the best AFL journalists going. He’s also a St.Kilda supporter.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

P.S. We dodged a bullet in not going after Clarkson. I can’t help but feel bad for North Melbourne.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

That s*** is almost 'cult like'! They are allegations but what individual/s think they have the right to treat players akin to the 'stolen generation'. Where they believe they own them and acting in the best interest of the club not the individuals. I cant believe it is just an indigenous issue - other players would have been treated similiarly. However there cant be excuses made even if the coaches thought they were acting in the best interest of the player, it is disgusting.

If the investigation finds the parties to be culpable, they all should be de-registered by the AFL immediately!
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Wed 21 Sep 2022 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

stfiddler

If Clarkson and Fagan go, it seems the only penalty paid is by North and Brisbane.