Latest DeGoey Rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Latest DeGoey Rumour

So, apparently the club has sent him an offer in selling out our decency at $4 million for 5 years.

I’m guessing the Filth won’t want to let him go at the end of the season, but we’ll see.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Re: Latest DeGoey Rumour

Sainternist wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 3:55pm So, apparently the club has sent him an offer in selling out our decency at $4 million for 5 years.

I’m guessing the Filth won’t want to let him go at the end of the season, but we’ll see.
Why would he leave a top 4 club on the rise to come to St Kilda?
Money, what else?
I think he'll sign back on at Collingwood.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he is in the bag. I heard at the Lengends function that Simon and the coterie crew have been hard at work creating incentives.

Saintmike65
Club Player

D.B.Cooper wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 3:59pm
Sainternist wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 3:55pm So, apparently the club has sent him an offer in selling out our decency at $4 million for 5 years.

Why would he leave a top 4 club on the rise to come to St Kilda?
Money, what else?
I think he'll sign back on at Collingwood.
Agreed but I do think De Goey needs a fresh start elsewhere, as does Jack Billings.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I know for a fact that the club is going above and beyond with their "homework" on this.
They have been reaching out to some "high profile" female members to get their thoughts on recruiting him.
My understanding is the response hasn't been overly well received by the female members contacted but whether or not that plays into the final decision remains to be seen.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

IluvHarvey wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:19pm I know for a fact that the club is going above and beyond with their "homework" on this.
They have been reaching out to some "high profile" female members to get their thoughts on recruiting him.
My understanding is the response hasn't been overly well received by the female members contacted but whether or not that plays into the final decision remains to be seen.
He's a 20-something who got drunk and tugged at a young lady's top.
She's gone on insta to say it's a storm in a teacup (or perhaps a storm in a B-Cup 🙆‍♂️)

He's not all that bad. Just a young fella on a lot of money.
Sure, the ladies may be opposed to him dating their daughters, but if him wearing the ❤🤍🖤 can get us 4-5 more wins than normal, who bloody cares?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:23pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:19pm I know for a fact that the club is going above and beyond with their "homework" on this.
She's gone on insta to say it's a storm in a teacup (or perhaps a storm in a B-Cup 🙆‍♂️)
I'm not getting into what he has done or hasn't done (I think the guy is a drop kick for many reasons).
Just updating what I know the club is doing.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I can iust see DeGoey sitting in me lounge room, with me Little Princess, all cute and dressed up in there Saints gear, holding hands and stuff and Jordie gets off the phone and says, "Collingwood want 3 years at $650"
and I say "Tell em their dreaming son".

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:26pm
I'm not getting into what he has done or hasn't done (I think the guy is a drop kick for many reasons).
I'm not renewing for 2023.
After paying for interstate m'ship since 98 (and Vic m'ship for 18 yrs before that)

But...if the club trades out Hill, and brings in DeGoey-
DAMN old Wellard gonna be on the phone to RSEA Park with my credit card details.
Take it to the bank

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
avid
Club Player

Did deGoey grow up barracking for St KIlda somehow? Or am I just projecting the Dusty story onto him?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

avid wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:36pm Did deGoey grow up barracking for St KIlda somehow? Or am I just projecting the Dusty story onto him?
Essendon I believe.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood are into about 4 players from other clubs, including McStay who has agreed to come. Bobby Hill from GWS will also be gong to the pies. I think Bruhn is also on their list.

DeGoey could stay or go depending on cap space.

Grundy will go because of his outrageous contract and the fact that the pies manage quite nicely without him.

From my point of view I'd rather not have a player with known behavioural issues that we will pay a massive amount of money for.

This trade period is expected to be very busy. There is very little noise about us at this stage

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:07pm I reckon he is in the bag. I heard at the Lengends function that Simon and the coterie crew have been hard at work creating incentives.
He's not in the bag until he signs. Unless Collingwood have rocks in their head, they'll make an improved offer.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 5:03pm Collingwood are into about 4 players from other clubs, including McStay who has agreed to come. Bobby Hill from GWS will also be gong to the pies. I think Bruhn is also on their list.

Grundy will go because of his outrageous contract and the fact that the pies manage quite nicely without him.

From my point of view I'd rather not have a player with known behavioural issues that we will pay a massive amount of money for.

This trade period is expected to be very busy. There is very little noise about us at this stage
Known behavioural issues? What are they/were they? Please don't say the recent Bali nonsense.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 5:03pm Collingwood are into about 4 players from other clubs, including McStay who has agreed to come. Bobby Hill from GWS will also be gong to the pies. I think Bruhn is also on their list.

The issue I have about De Goey- it's 100% an assumption- is that if we get him in, he will be all about the money.
I think he'll be worse than Hill- e.g. 'you guys came banging on my door, throwing money at me- I'll play my way, I'll do what works for me'

He'll dictate terms. Can the club tame this feisty thoroughbred?
Will he buy into the club or just be another Hill and play selfish...
Huge question mark

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:33pm
After paying for interstate m'ship since 98 (and Vic m'ship for 18 yrs before that)

DAMN old Wellard gonna be on the phone to RSEA Park with my credit card details.
Take it to the bank
Indeed, we should form a welcoming party.

Templar
Club Player

If true then it must mean that the club does not have a "no dickheads" policy.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Crickey, if this was true then I now understand why our list is so poor. Please tell me the people contacted know something about managing an elite sporting list, or at the very least have volunteered to help out in the canteen at their local junior club.

Templar
Club Player

The people in the know about DeGoey's potential as a highly paid recruit are the people who work in the Collingwood football department.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Gee he looked happy and excited and connected after they beat Carlton. The buzz and excitement at Collingwood might trump our offer by itself.
Then there is the boring predictable way we manage to blow chances, the stolid way the football department operates - lack of imagination/ flair in selection and player usage - McCrea seems a breath of fresh air and Ratts a man worn down.
Pies offer finals, us a review report.
Don't think he will come.

Templar
Club Player

Sounds like the St Kilda Football Club is already on a hiding to none with regard De Goofy. May the fallout be brief.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 5:44pm Gee he looked happy and excited and connected after they beat Carlton. The buzz and excitement at Collingwood might trump our offer by itself.
Then there is the boring predictable way we manage to blow chances, the stolid way the football department operates - lack of imagination/ flair in selection and player usage - McCrea seems a breath of fresh air and Ratts a man worn down.
Pies offer finals, us a review report.
Don't think he will come.
Big difference- Filth players play 'for' their coach, our guys play in spite of the coach.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 5:09pm
WellardSaint wrote: Tue 23 Aug 2022 4:33pm

Take it to the bank
Indeed, we should form a welcoming party.
I’m 100% interested in getting a player with the talent of a DeGoey

I'll be there too for the welcome party but I have an idea for Jordy’s initiation

When a young bloke has their first win they give him a gatorade shower. Everyone knows that new blokes are treated a bit differently and I reckon DeGoey can’t just waltz around as if he owns the joint from day 1. I propose we get someone who is a current player and is a good fighter to push the boundary and get in his private space and just physically intimidate him. If there’s fisticuffs, so be it!!

It’s the quickest way for Jordy to respect the Saints environment and respect his new team mates. Have we got our very own Jake Melksham at St Kilda?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Whatever it takes for the next Saints premiership.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I googled ‘boxing’ and St Kilda players and came up with a recent article from the dailymail

This bloke looks pretty mean

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/06/06 ... 363389.jpg