Sunny Ernie super thread -user banned>

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Sunny Ernie super thread -user banned>

.....we should take it. The only thing we would lose is the St Kilda name. So what? We don't represent St Kilda anymore. We are the Saints and if we have one home base in Moorabbin and one home base in Tasmania there is nothing but positives to be had. $20Mill cash injection, draft concessions for 3 years, 11 home games in Melbourne and 11 home games in Tasmania. The only trade off is we would be called Tasmania Saints. I can live with that. The positives far outweigh the negatives. We would become one of the biggest clubs in the league.

If it ever comes to a vote I will be voting in the affirmative.

<user banned 7 days, longer ban being considered>

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: If Eddie's proposal is ratified by the AFL then I think.....

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 5:42pm .....we should take it. The only thing we would lose is the St Kilda name. So what? We don't represent St Kilda anymore. We are the Saints and if we have one home base in Moorabbin and one home base in Tasmania there is nothing but positives to be had. $20Mill cash injection, draft concessions for 3 years, 11 home games in Melbourne and 11 home games in Tasmania. The only trade off is we would be called Tasmania Saints. I can live with that. The positives far outweigh the negatives. We would become one of the biggest clubs in the league.

Respectfully disagree with every word you've said there colleague.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SunnyErnie
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 6:07pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 5:42pm .....we should take it. The only thing we would lose is the St Kilda name. So what? We don't represent St Kilda anymore. We are the Saints and if we have one home base in Moorabbin and one home base in Tasmania there is nothing but positives to be had. $20Mill cash injection, draft concessions for 3 years, 11 home games in Melbourne and 11 home games in Tasmania. The only trade off is we would be called Tasmania Saints. I can live with that. The positives far outweigh the negatives. We would become one of the biggest clubs in the league.

Respectfully disagree with every word you've said there colleague.
Can you at least tell me why. I can't see any down side in it.

NeXus
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Because once you give away the NAME of the club, and relocate to another state, and once your supporter base is sourced from another state, then the CLUB no longer exists! The Swans can call themselves "The Bloods" for as long as they like, Brisbane can wear the Fitzroy jumper as often as they like, but the fact is THOSE CLUBS ARE NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE!!!

Thats why!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Ernie any chance of you relocating?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 6:36pm Ernie any chance of you relocating?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ERRRRRRRRRRRR, that comment could be seen as "bullying" colleague :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

laugh out loudnesses
just arrived at my place

:)

thats good
well done

i must be over the footy (season) already
... quick healer !!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 6:41pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ERRRRRRRRRRRR, that comment could be seen as "bullying" colleague :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dobber :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 6:43pm
Dobber :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cest moi! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SunnyErnie
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 6:17pm Because once you give away the NAME of the club, and relocate to another state, and once your supporter base is sourced from another state, then the CLUB no longer exists! The Swans can call themselves "The Bloods" for as long as they like, Brisbane can wear the Fitzroy jumper as often as they like, but the fact is THOSE CLUBS ARE NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE!!!

Thats why!
It’s not relocating. It’s colocating. Two home bases. Best of both worlds. Not to mention playing 22 home games. I’m voting YES

NeXus
SunnyErnie
Club Player

Any chance of you relocating Firey?

NeXus
SunnyErnie
Club Player

What are you laughing at?

NeXus
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

I love Tassie! If I could afford a hillside house looking out over the Bridge in Hobart towards snowcapped mountains... I'm not sure there's too many rivals for views, people are so friendly, great fishing, produce & meats are insane delicious...cold for sure in winter but what a damn awesome state!

Yes we MIGHT lose our name but heritage isn't lost. You'd be sorely mistaken in Swans HQ if you think South's are not beloved, remembered and valued as genuine culture & identity.

But we stink...I mean we stink like a drunken maggot crawling out of the gutter. No matter how we try to run a comb through our gnarled matted hair or lipstick on our cracked nicotine stained lips....we stink.

We need to be stripped back, new lifestyle, fresh diet, hair buzzed to the scalp and let it grow back, we need help bad and it's deep....the fans, the followers, the lovers of this club... we're munted as well. We're as hopeless as they come. We expect defeat and live in gutter picking scraps off the floor of successful teams and thinking we're special when we get them.

I'd let this St Kilda connection die in a heartbeat if it meant we actually got a heartbeat again.

You know we're going to love these bastards till we die no matter what.
Last edited by SAINT-LEE on Sun 19 Jun 2022 10:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Plugger
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 6:17pm Because once you give away the NAME of the club, and relocate to another state, and once your supporter base is sourced from another state, then the CLUB no longer exists! The Swans can call themselves "The Bloods" for as long as they like, Brisbane can wear the Fitzroy jumper as often as they like, but the fact is THOSE CLUBS ARE NO LONGER IN EXISTENCE!!!

Thats why!
The Tassie Saints would work for me.
The club has a long connection with the State with many of its champions coming from the State and with many local St Kilda supporters.
Being debt free, favourable draft concessions and a fixture even better than any other club sounds delicious. It would be the one chance to break the clubs endless cycle of fleeting success followed by interminable years of failure. We, the long suffering supporters, could look forward to having "great expectations" like the supporters of the big 4 have every season!

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

St Plugger wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 10:10pm

Thats why!
The club has a long connection with the State with many of its champions coming from the State and with many local St Kilda supporters.
Being debt free, favourable draft concessions and a fixture even better than any other club sounds delicious. It would be the one chance to break the clubs endless cycle of fleeting success followed by interminable years of failure. We, the long suffering supporters, could look forward to having "great expectations" like the supporters of the big 4 have every season!

Debt free?

What does that mean?

To you as a fan?

nothing...

It's a made-for-TV franchise nowadays. If your club is 'losing' money they are actually profiting from the franchise because they are getting funding.

We have a crap fixture for sure.

Ernnie is just having a laugh and seeking some attention.

Scallywag.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
SunnyErnie
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 10:55pm
St Plugger wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 10:10pm

Thats why!

Debt free?

What does that mean?

To you as a fan?

nothing...

It's a made-for-TV franchise nowadays. If your club is 'losing' money they are actually profiting from the franchise because they are getting funding.

We have a crap fixture for sure.

Ernnie is just having a laugh and seeking some attention.

Scallywag.
I’m not having a laugh at all. The offer (if it’s real), is too good to refuse. 22 home games, 3 years of draft concessions and $20 mill up front and Moorabbin is still our home and a brand new home in Tassie as well. The only thing we lose is the St Kilda name. We would be stupid if we didn’t take it. Unfortunately I seriously doubt the rest the teams would allow such a leg up. 11 teams every year would have to lose 1 home game. They will never agree to that.

NeXus
asiu
Saintsational Legend

We need to be stripped back, new lifestyle, fresh diet, hair buzzed to the scalp and let it grow back, we need help bad and it's deep....the fans, the followers, the lovers of this club... we're munted as well. We're as hopeless as they come. We expect defeat and live in gutter picking scraps off the floor of successful teams and thinking we're special when we get them.
this cheered me up :)

its good to know that its just not me
out here
on my pat malone

lefty
Club Player

As if there would be 22 home games (so no interstate travel)... yeah right. Imagine if you have someone like Nat Fyfe or Petracca and no one interstate got to watch them live. Along with the fixture not being even or fair. It just will not happen, Eddie has rocks in his head, and if that good of a deal then move Collingwood there, everyone knows they don't travel.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 9:53pm
What are you laughing at?
If you don't see the funny side of Fireman's line there mate, then you need to invest in a sense of humour

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Watched the FC episode

Would take that deal in a Heartbeat!!!!!

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Tassie needs Ernie, answer the call

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
loris
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 19 Jun 2022 10:06pm I love Tassie! If I could afford a hillside house looking out over the Bridge in Hobart towards snowcapped mountains... I'm not sure there's too many rivals for views, people are so friendly, great fishing, produce & meats are insane delicious...cold for sure in winter but what a damn awesome state!

Yes we MIGHT lose our name but heritage isn't lost. You'd be sorely mistaken in Swans HQ if you think South's are not beloved, remembered and valued as genuine culture & identity.

But we stink...I mean we stink like a drunken maggot crawling out of the gutter. No matter how we try to run a comb through our gnarled matted hair or lipstick on our cracked nicotine stained lips....we stink.

I'd let this St Kilda connection die in a heartbeat if it meant we actually got a heartbeat again.

You know we're going to love these bastards till we die no matter what.
Love some of the imagery you create in this post SL........bloody beautiful. :lol:

Agree about Tasmania, my favourite State/Territory in Aus.

repta
Club Player

All for it

AFL GUARANTEE that the offer of 11 / 11 will not change for 25 years

Draft concessions for next 25 years

Extra funding for 25 years

Free Foxtel / Kayo / Paramount subscription for supporters

Otherwise, all it is a bag of lollies that gives a quick sugar hit and ultimately rots you from the inside out.

Without the absolute guarantee that things will not be amended after the first year.

Did the Fitzroy supporters really celebrate Brisbanes 3 peat?

Is there any South Melbourne supporters left?

SunnyErnie
Club Player

repta wrote: Wed 22 Jun 2022 6:46pm All for it

AFL GUARANTEE that the offer of 11 / 11 will not change for 25 years

Draft concessions for next 25 years

Extra funding for 25 years

Free Foxtel / Kayo / Paramount subscription for supporters

Otherwise, all it is a bag of lollies that gives a quick sugar hit and ultimately rots you from the inside out.

Without the absolute guarantee that things will not be amended after the first year.

Did the Fitzroy supporters really celebrate Brisbanes 3 peat?

Is there any South Melbourne supporters left?
South Melbourne is still exactly the same club. All they did was relocate to Sydney. If we became the Tassie Saints and had 2 home games (for ever), and draft concessions for 3 years plus $20Mill cash injection up front then I would take it right now!

NeXus
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Ernie 6 days ago

Thu 16 Jun

The best thing for the AFL is for a Victorian team to fully relocate to Tasmania. I don't give 2 hoots who that team is as long as it is not St Kilda.

Ernie today

180 degrees away from original position

via
sack everybody running the club
replace with GT
sack the coach
replace with someone else's coach part time

in under a week !!

(channeling Sensei) ... i am of no speech

not quite sure whether i should be impressed or not