inner sanctum video

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: inner sanctum video

If you don’t build your dream, someone will hire you to build theirs

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Re: inner sanctum video

Scollop wrote: Wed 20 Jul 2022 11:49am We have an ideas hub on our internal web for all staff at my work

I’ve submitted over a dozen ‘ideas’ in the last 4 years to try and improve service delivery and I have never received an email or a response or any feedback from any of my suggestions.

I stopped using it about 12 months ago, and I send an email to high level managers every now and then with the same issues and concerns and generally providing some options for change for improved outcomes. Every time I send a group email to state level managers and the middle management group with details of issues that are affecting customers or impacting staff I get doughnuts.

They email back saying ‘thanks for your feedback’ and they blast my manager for not giving me a warning. Management are not customer facing so they don’t give a stuff! As long as the profit rolls in and as long as the share price of the company is ok, they keep their jobs

Saints officials don’t need to answer questions from Saints Members about the day to day running of the club and decisions about why they appoint someone. The only people they’re answerable to are the AFL. Maybe the AFL doesn’t really give a stuff if we are successful or not…all they give a stuff about is good tv ratings
The unofficial dictum at our place is,

1) Never create more work for others - especially if it’s about ‘your thing, idea etc. ‘
2) Never expose others to more arbitrary or systematic accountability - aka live and let live
3) Be punctual, plain and pleasant. don’t be dirty, late, sick, absent, cool, fashionable, special
4) Do what ever you like to improve your performance indicator scores, but leave others out of it
5) Do not encroach on others’ freedom of action by pleading for more ‘synergy’ or ‘protocol’
6) When a new development arises due to scandal, political change, social expectations, make up unwieldy and tedious forms for each and all to fill out and submit in order to shield the organization from these shifts and currents.

Above all, never create new expectations.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!