Trade - Draft Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trade - Draft 2022 Discussion

Saints58 wrote: Wed 30 Nov 2022 5:51pm
saynta wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:26pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:20pm A lot of kids from Oakleigh and Sandy. $$$$$
And Ashburton were I grew up and played under age footy.

Good part of the world.
Really I might have played against you being from Ashwood and playing for Burwood Ashburton were a very rough side especially after they combined with Jordy juniors.
:wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 30 Nov 2022 6:11pm
CURLY wrote: Mon 28 Nov 2022 8:20pm A lot of kids from Oakleigh and Sandy. $$$$$

Good part of the world.
Really I might have played against you being from Ashwood and playing for Burwood Ashburton were a very rough side especially after they combined with Jordy juniors.
Did you play in any of those Jordy Ashwood games played on the oval on the corner of High St & Winberra Pde? The Ashwood Primary School was opposite across High St & The Jordanville Tech School was behind the primary school?
Many a blood bath happened on that oval. Loads of police divisional vans would be in attendance to keep the crowd under control. The poor umps earnt their money trying to stop brawls from breaking out all over the field.
You’d get a bigger crowd at those matches in them days than you’d get at VFL matches today. It was mostly gangs of youths who made up the crowds. Rather scarey matches to attend.
Last time I drove past there (maybe 10-12 years ago) I think the footy ground was no longer there, it had even turned into hockey fields - less work for the local constabulary, no doubt!!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Fri 10 Feb 2023 6:14pm

Good part of the world.
Did you play in any of those Jordy Ashwood games played on the oval on the corner of High St & Winberra Pde? The Ashwood Primary School was opposite across High St & The Jordanville Tech School was behind the primary school?
Many a blood bath happened on that oval. Loads of police divisional vans would be in attendance to keep the crowd under control. The poor umps earnt their money trying to stop brawls from breaking out all over the field.
You’d get a bigger crowd at those matches in them days than you’d get at VFL matches today. It was mostly gangs of youths who made up the crowds. Rather scarey matches to attend.
Last time I drove past there (maybe 10-12 years ago) I think the footy ground was no longer there, it had even turned into hockey fields - less work for the local constabulary, no doubt!!
A lot of local legends and very good people created that environment, from both sides of the fence.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 10 Feb 2023 9:49pm

Good part of the world.
A lot of local legends and very good people created that environment, from both sides of the fence.
Played a lot of footy for Jordy,happy days

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Good part of the world.
Normally played on the oval opposite the RSL club or the one behind the swimming pool both just up the road a bit from St Michael's church in Ashburton.

Was mates with a few boys who went to Jordy Tech.

Saints58
Club Player

Good part of the world.

Yes one of the opposition forwards got stabbed with a broken bottle from a spectator who jumped the fence.
It was his own fault he shouldn't have taken that mark and kicked the goal how rude of him.

Saints58
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 12 Feb 2023 10:22am

Good part of the world.
Normally played on the oval opposite the RSL club or the one behind the swimming pool both just up the road a bit from St Michael's church in Ashburton.

Was mates with a few boys who went to Jordy Tech.

I used to live next to the street that ran parallel with the creek and had to run the gauntlet of Jordy teck to get to Ashwood high school it did help that I started to go and at 190cm at 16 you learn how to run bloody fast.
Became mates with some of the Jordy boys went out with one of the sisters most of the guys in jail or bike gang
They were good times going to the Mathew flinders hotel as well.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I actually lived in High Street. The Mathew Flinders was built after I left Melbourne to live in f****** Tasmania.

We used to go to a pub in Oakley, or if I went for a drink after work, the Mitre Tavern in the city.

I escaped from there three years later. Phew.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Matthew Flinders and Jordy played for both,great times ,ageing is a s***

loris
Saintsational Legend

Saynta. Did you play with Bill Barrot? He played his junior years with Ashburton? When Bill Barrot was starting to show skills, his dad refused to let him play against Jordanville (even tho he went to Jordy tech school for awhile) because they were so rough.
John Ronaldson a long rangy kid who Richmond picked up, and developed into a very good ruck man initially played for Jordanville . Again he too was taken out of the Jordy team & went to play the rest of his junior days at either Mt Waverley or Glen Waverley.
Only the bad, bad kids remained playing at Jordy. One of the baddies that I knew who brawled for the Jordy team was Keith Ryrie - he went on to become a duel murderer!😱

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Wed 15 Feb 2023 6:41pm Saynta. Did you play with Bill Barrot? He played his junior years with Ashburton? When Bill Barrot was starting to show skills, his dad refused to let him play against Jordanville (even tho he went to Jordy tech school for awhile) because they were so rough.
John Ronaldson a long rangy kid who Richmond picked up, and developed into a very good ruck man initially played for Jordanville . Again he too was taken out of the Jordy team & went to play the rest of his junior days at either Mt Waverley or Glen Waverley.
Only the bad, bad kids remained playing at Jordy. One of the baddies that I knew who brawled for the Jordy team was Keith Ryrie - he went on to become a duel murderer!😱
I remember seeing Keith Ryrie walking up high Street on the other side of the road. Memory still vivid. Unfortunately he was also a De La Salle boy. Murdered that girl at the Homesglen railway Station....Maureen Ferrari...(sic.). who was walking home from a work Chrissie party from memory. And that little girl in Richmond. Absolute dog.

No I didn't play with Billy. He was a couple of years older than me, but I used to go to the same physio therapist and ran into him a couple of times there. He wasn't up himself and would talk to you.

Pity we traded Stewie for him though. Not one of Jeans better moves.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 16 Feb 2023 9:03am, edited 1 time in total.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 15 Feb 2023 7:07pm
loris wrote: Wed 15 Feb 2023 6:41pm Saynta. Did you play with Bill Barrot? He played his junior years with Ashburton? When Bill Barrot was starting to show skills, his dad refused to let him play against Jordanville (even tho he went to Jordy tech school for awhile) because they were so rough.
i remember seeing keith Ryrie walking up high Street on the other side of the road. Memory still vivid. Unfortunately he was also a De La Salle boy. Murdered that girl at the Homesglen railway Station....Maureen Ferrari...(sic.). who was walking home from a work Chrissie part from memory. And that little girl in Richmond. Absolute dog.]

Yes Saynta he was rotten to the core that Ryrie was. To think he’d been on 2 separate rape charges before those 2 murders and got off both of them. Two lives may have been saved if he’d gone down for one of them. His ‘girlfriend’ who’d given him an alibi for the second rape charge was also the girl friend who had given him an alibi for the Maureen Ferrari murder.
One time my friends & I were riding horses at the Oakleigh Lake. Ryrie appeared out of the bushes. One of the boys riding with us, called out, ‘come on girls we are going now.”. Ryrie grabbed him & pulled him down from his horse and started belting into him. Luckily one of the other boys charged his horse & knocked Ryrie down & we all got away from the idiot.

Occasionally I used to see him hanging around the Civic Theatre in Ashburton, on Saturday matinees. He used to say I was his sister, because I had a shock of red hair like him. It used to chill me to the bone when ever he tried to speak to you. As young ones, especially us females, our danger radars were on high alert when he was in the vicinity. It wasn’t any surprise when he went down for 2 murders.

At least my husband who was in homicide squad at that time, was the detective that had the joy in saying to the creep …..”You do not have to say anything, what you do say etc etc”. That was for the little 5 year old girl Rhonda Irwin (? Name) he murdered in Burnley in 1966 I think.
He was originally sentenced to death, for the two murders. However death penalty was taken out of the statute books after Ryan was the final hanging in Victoria.

When I think back at those times, most of us children knew how to look after ourselves & our friends. Parents definitely weren’t helicopter parents in them dark days and we soon learnt how to get out of dangerous & awkward situations. Maybe it was just good luck that our street cunning kept us safe.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Memory lane Loris. I used to sell papers outside the Civic theatre on a Saturday night. The herald and that pink paper, the globe.

bergsone
SS Life Member

loris wrote: Wed 15 Feb 2023 9:17pm
saynta wrote: Wed 15 Feb 2023 7:07pm
i remember seeing keith Ryrie walking up high Street on the other side of the road. Memory still vivid. Unfortunately he was also a De La Salle boy. Murdered that girl at the Homesglen railway Station....Maureen Ferrari...(sic.). who was walking home from a work Chrissie part from memory. And that little girl in Richmond. Absolute dog.]

Yes Saynta he was rotten to the core that Ryrie was. To think he’d been on 2 separate rape charges before those 2 murders and got off both of them. Two lives may have been saved if he’d gone down for one of them. His ‘girlfriend’ who’d given him an alibi for the second rape charge was also the girl friend who had given him an alibi for the Maureen Ferrari murder.
One time my friends & I were riding horses at the Oakleigh Lake. Ryrie appeared out of the bushes. One of the boys riding with us, called out, ‘come on girls we are going now.”. Ryrie grabbed him & pulled him down from his horse and started belting into him. Luckily one of the other boys charged his horse & knocked Ryrie down & we all got away from the idiot.

Occasionally I used to see him hanging around the Civic Theatre in Ashburton, on Saturday matinees. He used to say I was his sister, because I had a shock of red hair like him. It used to chill me to the bone when ever he tried to speak to you. As young ones, especially us females, our danger radars were on high alert when he was in the vicinity. It wasn’t any surprise when he went down for 2 murders.

At least my husband who was in homicide squad at that time, was the detective that had the joy in saying to the creep …..”You do not have to say anything, what you do say etc etc”. That was for the little 5 year old girl Rhonda Irwin (? Name) he murdered in Burnley in 1966 I think.
He was originally sentenced to death, for the two murders. However death penalty was taken out of the statute books after Ryan was the final hanging in Victoria.

When I think back at those times, most of us children knew how to look after ourselves & our friends. Parents definitely weren’t helicopter parents in them dark days and we soon learnt how to get out of dangerous & awkward situations. Maybe it was just good luck that our street cunning kept us safe.
Both pretty accurate from memories of that time

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham Dragons 2023 Coates Talent League Boys list breakdown

The Sandringham Dragons continue to pump out AFL talent and this year looks no different. Here’s what you need to know about every player in the 2023 CTL Boys squad.
11 min read
March 15, 2023 - 10:00AM
The Melbourne City News
0 comments
Ned Maginness and Charlie Harrop of the Sandringham Dragons in action during the 2023 Coates Talent League Boys Testing Day at Maribyrnong College on March 11. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
Ned Maginness and Charlie Harrop of the Sandringham Dragons in action during the 2023 Coates Talent League Boys Testing Day at Maribyrnong College on March 11. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
Local Footy

Don't miss out on the headlines from Local Footy. Followed categories will be added to My News.

The best ever Dragons list?

It could be, according to Sandringham talent manager Mark Wheeler.

“It’s a really deep list,’’ he said.

“I think we’ll probably end up with six to 10 drafts. I reckon we’ve got six as a minimum which is pretty good on the back of having nearly 40 players drafted in the last three years.

“We’re pretty bullish about the list and in each game someone else is going to jump up.’’

Here is a player-by-player breakdown of the finalised Dragons 2023 Boys squad (with jumper numbers).

1. Oliver Green (Beaumaris JFC)

Quick high half forward, smart around goals, gets up the ground then uses his speed to work deep back into the forward line.

2. Ethan Williams (Port Melbourne Colts, SFNL)

Rebounding defender, reads the ball well in the air to come off his opponent and impact the contest. Nice left foot kick coming out of the back half.

3. Levi Ashcroft (Old Brighton Grammarians VAFA)

The son of Marcus Ashcroft and brother of Will, Levi is a potential Lions father-son selection. Strongly built and hard running midfielder and half forward. Shows great composure around the contest and reads the play at a very high level. Standout talent for his age. Can go forward and hit the scoreboard.

4. William Brown (East Brighton SFNL)

2023 Dragons captain, tall inside mid with great stoppage craft and elite endurance to work across the field. Can drift forward to kick goals and use his height as a marking target around the ground.

5. Cameron Saultry (St.Bedes Mentone Tigers AFC)

Versatile Wing/HB who is a neat ball user and a good reader of the play.

6. Harrison Oliver (Old Brighton Grammarians VAFA)

Hard-at-it utility who will play at half back initially but has spent time at both half forward and in the midfield during pre-season. Goes at the ball and the man as hard as any player in the team.

7. Charlie Bruce (Beaumaris FC VAFA)

Ball winning inside midfielder who is very comfortable in the heat of the contest. Uses it well by foot and has spent time at half back and half forward as well in pre-season to develop multiple positions.

8. Owen Bater (St.Bedes Mentone Tigers AFC)

Strongly built defender impressed in the early part of training before suffering a foot injury. Played games last year as a 16-year-old and will hopefully return later in the season.

9. Archie Roberts (Hampton Rovers VAFA)

Member of the AFL National Academy, eye-catching dashing defender. Runs hard at the game and uses the ball well. Member of the Dragons leadership group in 2023.

10. Mason Szonyi (Old Brighton Grammarians VAFA)

Rebounding defender capable of playing on smalls and third talls. Good in the contest and uses the ball well coming out of defence.

11. Calsher Dear (Old Brighton Grammarians VAFA)

Potential father-son to Hawthorn (son of Paul). Strong marking key forward who is excellent at ground level for his size. Has played basketball to a high level but now concentrating more on football.

12. Jeremy a’Beckett (South Melbourne Districts)

Big bodied key forward with great workrate up the ground. Reads the play very well as a forward and works to the right positions to get used. An exciting prospect as he continues to develop.

13. Joshua Docking (Hampton Rovers, VAFA)

Member of St Kilda’s NGA program. Has trained a lot as a wingman but can play half forward as well. Has excellent agility to step out of congestion and uses his hands well around the contest.

14. Ned Maginness (East Brighton Vampires JFC)

Potential father-son to Hawthorn (son of Scott). Has grown enormously over the past 18 months, to now be nearly 188cm (similar to his brother). Plays midfield and works hard contest to contest to impact the play. Has developed over pre-season as much as any player on the list.

15. Ryley Sanders (North Launceston Football Club)

Member of the AFL National Academy, originally from Tasmania and a member of the Allies squad. Strongly built inside mid who has improved his endurance enormously in the past 12 months. Played games last year, spending time at half back, but focused on being an inside mid now.

16. Luke Lloyd (De La Salle Old Collegians)

Talented key forward/third tall forward with great goal sense. Kicked bags of goals in school football last year. Has good forward craft and strong hands. Excellent pushing up the ground and connecting with teammates around goal.

17. Tarkyn O’Leary (Parkdale Vultures)

Elite athlete who will play as a hard running wing/mid/half forward. Ran a sub 6m 2km time trial and impressed in the Yo-Yo Test at the recent Coates League Testing Day. Has sharp hands around the contest and in Dragons training has been able to push forward and hit the scoreboard.

18. Matthew Carroll (East Malvern)

Eye-catching rebounding defender who takes the game on with his ability to run and carry. Has great speed and at 190cm can play on both talls and smalls.

19. Luka Pecer (Beaumaris FC VAFA)

Developing tall forward who is excellent at ground level for his size. Has shown a great ability to hit up through HF as a tall target and will continue to develop as he gets more games under his belt.

20. Adrian Cole (St Bedes Mentone)

Athletic key defender who has made great progress in recent months. Has potential to play in a variety of positions as he learns the game.

21. Ted Clayton (Beaumaris JFC)

Wing/half forward who played five Dragons games as a 16-year-old in 2022. Strong in the contest despite his size and continues to develop his running ability to compliment his contest work.

22. Williams Nish (Beaumaris FC VAFA)

Strongly built inside mid and half back who is a member of St Kilda’s NGA. Has shown a good ability to win clearances and take the ball forward from contests through pre-season.

23. Charlton Harrop (Beaumaris FC VAFA)

Versatile mid sized player who can play all over the ground and impact with his strong aerial and contest winning ability. Trained at half back but will spend time through half forward and the wing.

24. Brodie Findlay (Parkdale Vultures)

Versatile mid sized player who can play all over the ground and impact with his strong aerial and contest winning ability. Trained at half back but will spend time through half forward and the wing.
Cooper Lord and Billy McGee-Galimberti. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
Cooper Lord and Billy McGee-Galimberti. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
Nicky Christian. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
Nicky Christian. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

25. Billy McGee Galimberti (Kew Bears FC)

Elite kick who can play half back or half forward to make use of his decision making and skill execution with ball in hand.

26. Miles Enders (Prahran FC, VAFA)

Athletic tall who has stood out in match play with his contested marking and workrate as a key forward. Hit the scoreboard in the Dragons match play blocks, kicking four goals in one block.

27. Levie Young (Beaumaris FC VAFA)

Developing ruck/forward from WA who has fantastic work ethic and attitude to his football. Was a junior state champion in jiu jitsu and kung fu before focusing on football, which shows in his follow up tackling at ground level.

28. Charlie Edwards (Sandhurst Dragons (Bendigo League))

Running defender who reads the play well in the air and provides rebound run, making use of his long kicking.

29. Harvey Johnston (Parkdale Vultures)

The Dragons’ vice captain in 2023, has impressed his teammates and coaches with his lateral movement out of contest and his composure with ball in hand. A damaging mid-forward who can hit the scoreboard or set teammates up to score.

30. Nathan Sullivan (Parkdale Vultures)

Versatile third tall defender with a basketball background who has good reach to get an arm in to spoil opponents, and has built his ability to provide rebound run through this pre-season.

31. Jake Nicholas (Old Melbournians VAFA)

Key forward/ruck who returned this pre-season as a 19-year-old, but suffered a hamstring injury that slowed his progress. As he continues to fill out physically he’ll provide an option.

32. Vigo Visentini (Brighton Beach Junior Football Club)

Member of the Vic Metro Academy. Athletic and tall. And is also a high level volleyballer. As a ruck he jumps aggressively and follows up well at ground level. Can push back behind the ball to provide an intercept mark and could play as a key forward or key back.

33. Aaron Taylor (Ormond Football Club JFC)

Running defender who reads the play well and will continue to develop his game as a bottom ager.

34. Nicky Christian (South Melbourne Districts)

Potential father-son to Collingwood (son of 1990 premiership player Michael). Can play a variety of positions but will mostly likely start as a rebounding defender. At his size (191cm) could develop into an inside mid.

35. Justin Krok (Hampton Rovers, VAFA)

Athletic third tall forward with excellent hands and jumping ability. Can push up the ground to connect through high HF or play deep as an isolated marking target.

36. Samuel Marshall (St Bedes Mentone)

Elite athlete is tied to Brisbane as a member of the Lions Academy. Ran a 6m 2km time trial coming back from Christmas. Already runs hard from contest to contest to find the ball and will continue to add more contest work to his game through his bottom age year.

37. Taj Hotton (Hampton Rovers, VAFA)

Brother of St Kilda’s Olli, has explosive speed and great aerial craft as a mid-sized forward. Exciting prospect who will play games this year as a bottom ager and continue to add layers to his game in his bottom age year.

38. Jhett Haeata (Beaumaris FC VAFA)

Wingman/half forward has worked hard at his game over the pre-season and improved quickly. Has a good turn of speed and nice ball use by foot. Could grow into a creative forward half player.

39. Timothy Parris (Malvern Knights JFC)

Ruckman who missed last year with a shoulder injury, suffered playing basketball. Worked on his conditioning while injured and has impressed all through pre-season. Works his opposition ruck all over the ground and competes well in ruck contests.

40. Cooper Lord (Kew Football club)

Inside mid/wing has elite endurance and contest winning ability. Has the prototype AFL midfielder body at 187cm and is a good ball user in time and space. Joined the Dragons program late and has impressed teammates and coaches with his attitude and ability.

41. Cody Goonewardene (Parkdale Vultures)

Exciting small forward/defender is lightly built but loves the contest. Has been a highly regarded cricketer and basketballer before focusing on football. Provides high energy for his teammates.

42. Harry Sullivan (Labrador Football Club)

Elite athlete is tied to the Suns as a member of the Gold Coast Academy. Performed well in the 20m sprint and Yo Yo at the Coates League Testing Day. Has trained as a wingman and uses his running power to work end to end.

43. Oscar Cheetham (Prahran JFC)

Developing key defender is strong in the air and has good follow up at ground level for a tall. Will continue to develop his game as a bottom ager this year.

44. Jack Cheep (Mordialloc Braeside JFC)

Key position player suffered an ACL injury in 2022 and will most likely be available from mid-season in 2023. A high-quality character who has attacked his rehab well.

45. Luke Kennedy (Ormond AFC)

Half forward and midfielder who has impressed in high half forward roles in our match play blocks, making good decisions around the contest and using the ball well through HF.

46. Zach Travers (Old Brighton Grammarians VAFA)

Athletic wing/HF is a great 2km runner and combines that with good footy nous. Unfortunately suffered an ankle injury late in pre-season but will continue to develop his game as a bottom ager this year.

47. Lachlan Voss (Port Melbourne Colts, SFNL)

Highly athletic tall has great speed and elite endurance for 199cm. Has played as a ruck/key forward previously but trained as a key back this pre-season, to showcase another element to his game. Reads the play well and uses his athleticism to provide run from defence. As a ruck follows up well at ground level.

48. Lachlan Lawrence (Caulfield Grammarians U19)

19-year-old returned this year to continue building his game. In Dragons’ match play blocks has shown good movement as a key forward and pinch hitting ruck.
Charlie Gaiardo. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
Charlie Gaiardo. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
Lachlan Lawrence. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
Lachlan Lawrence. (Photo by Josh Chadwick/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

49. Charlie Gaiardo (Old Carey)

Mid-sizes forward impressed in Dragons match play blocks with four goals in one block, largely as a deep forward. Has excellent timing and leading patterns as a deep forward, and is working on adding layers as a half forward. Will spend time through the midfield to make use of his big body in contests.

50. Charlie Eerhard (Ormond Football Club)

Third tal/mid-sized defender has excellent defensive craft and ability to read the play and intercept mark. Performed strongly in school footy last year and trained well through pre-season before a late ankle injury.

51. William Hudolin (East Brighton Vampires)

Key position player has spent time forward in our training and shown a good ability to compete in aerial contests. A great character who has been appointed school captain at his school.

52. Mitchell Kirkwood-Scott (Old Haileyburians FC VAFA)

Talented cricketer and small defender, has a powerful weapon of a kick, which he uses well out of the back half.

53. Samuel Fanning (Brighton Beach Kangaroos)

Athletic tall has played both key forward and key back this pre-season. At school has played as an undersized ruck, making use of his jumping ability, but will develop as a key position player at Dragons.

54. Lennox Hofmann (Old Brighton Grammarians VAFA)

Member of St Kilda’s NGA program, unfortunately suffered a shoulder injury in training in December and will miss most of the season. Exciting prospect for the future.

55. Riely Collins (Redan)

Member of the Western Bulldogs NGA. Developing inside midfielder has improved his endurance enormously in the past year and continues to develop his running patterns as a mid. Has good contest craft and has impressed in match play blocks.

56. Ollie Murphy (East Brighton Vampiers)

Developing key defender at 199cm can also play ruck and forward. Reads the play well and has a neat kick for his size. Will continue to add physical size this year but is an exciting prospect.

57. Nathaniel Sulzberger (North Hobart Football Club)

Inside midfielder with good burst from the contest, moved over from Tasmania to board at Caulfield Grammar. Has impressed coaches with his contest work and gone from strength to strength since joining the program.

58. Murphy Reid (Sth Melbourne Districts)

Exciting midfielder has elite agility and an ability to bend his body around tacklers while stepping out of contests. Will spend time playing wing and HF to aid his development in his bottom age year.

59. Samuel Linder (St Kilda City)

Small defender stood out in match play blocks with his contest winning ability and effective ball use off half back. A member of St Kilda’s NGA.

60. Joshua Levine (Ormond Football Club)

Key forward is still developing his physical size but moves well as a forward and leads up at the ball carrier well. Has shown an ability to hit the scoreboard.

61. Sam Buck (Beaumaris JFC)

Developing third tall can play either end but has been more of a forward, and kicked four goals in our second match play block. Showed an ability to compete well in the air.

62. Sebastian Duffy (St Kevins Old Boys (SKOB))

Strongly built high HF reads cues early to be an exit release option, either from D50 or from stoppages. Has improved his endurance and as he continues to improve it he will push further up the ground.

64. Luke Trainor (Old Brighton Grammarians VAFA)

Member of the Vic Metro Academy as a bottom ager, and can play either end of the ground as a third tall forward or back, but long term will most likely play as a midfielder. Has excellent ball use in open play.

65. Jake Johnson (Beaumaris FC VAFA)

19-year-old returned this year while rehabbing an ACL. Likely to be available in the second half of the season as a tall option.

66. Oliver Tyrer (South Melbourne)

Tall midfielder can play both inside and outside but playing on the wing showcases his good ball use by foot. Has embraced the Dragons’ contest training and improved enormously in this area over pre-season.

67. Harry Armstrong (Ormond Football Club)

Developing key forward hits up at the ball and has strong hands. Impressed in Dragons training and will be an exciting prospect in his top age year next year.

68. Dexter Prime (St Kilda City)

Third tall defender reads the play well to intercept and is a nice ball user out of defence. Will keep adding layers to his game through his bottom age year.

69. Darcy Gilbert (Frankston Dolphins)

Key defender returned as a 19-year-old and split his training between Dragons and Frankston VFL. Is an excellent ball user by foot and reads the play well to intercept. Will play higher up the ground as a key bac

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta
Saintsational Legend

TOP AVAILABLE FATHER-SON PROSPECTS COMING THROUGH

Adelaide

2024 – Tyler Welsh (son of Scott)

Brisbane

2023 – Aiden Johnson (son of Chris)

2024 – Levi Ashcroft (son of Marcus)

Carlton

2024 – Ben Camporeale (son of Scott)

2024 – Lucas Camporeale (son of Scott)

Collingwood

2022 – Nicky Christian* (son of Michael)

2025 – Thomas McGuane (son of Mick)

Essendon

2022 – Luca Alessio* (son of Steven)

2024 - Alex Alessio (son of Steven)

2024 – Noah Caracella (son of Blake)

Geelong

2024 – Alfie Wojcinski (son of David)

2025 – Jagger Mooney (son of Cameron)

2025 – Boston Riccardi (son of Peter)

Hawthorn

2023 – Ned Maginness (son of Scott)

2023 – Will McCabe (son of Luke)

2023 – Calsher Dear (son of Paul)

2024 – Charlie Crawford (son of Shane)

2024 – Ky Burgoyne (son of Shaun)

Melbourne

2023 – Kynan Brown (son of Nathan)

2024 – Noah Yze (son of Adem)

North Melbourne

2024 – River Stevens (son of Anthony)

Port Adelaide

2022 – Will Francou* (son of Josh)

2022 – Harper Montgomery* (son of Brett)

2024 – Louie Montgomery (son of Brett)

2024 – Ky Burgoyne (son of Shaun)

2024 – Rome Burgoyne (son of Peter)

2024 – Oliver Francou (son of Josh)

2025 – Ben Francou (son of Josh)

2025 – Gill Wakelin (son of Darryl)

Richmond

2023 – Charlie Naish (son of Chris)

St Kilda

2024 – Boston Everitt (son of Peter)

2025 – Gill Wakelin (son of Darryl)

Sydney

2022 – Indhi Kirk* (son of Brett)

2023 – Isaac Barry (son of Leo)

Western Bulldogs

2023 – Jordan Croft (son of Matthew)

West Coast

2023 – Bailey Banfield (son of Drew)

lefty
Club Player

Re: Trade - Draft Discussion

Now the GC are without a coach, when is Bing signing with the saints? Come home Bing

Saints58
Club Player

If they get Hardwick we might find it hard to lure Bing away but with his form the way it is he might actually get dropped this week

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I'd be happy if we secure number 8 or number 9

CorioSaint

Looking for better judges than me to share their opinion on the performances of 3 St Kilda NGAs playing for Sandringham Dragons in this recent game against Dandenong Stingrays.

Midfielder William Nish (22) and wingman Josh Docking (13) named in best players. Adrian Cole (20) playing as a key defender.

CorioSaint

Looking for better judges than me to share their opinion on the performances of 3 St Kilda NGAs playing for Sandringham Dragons in this recent game against Dandenong Stingrays.

Midfielder William Nish (22) and wingman Josh Docking (13) named in best players. Adrian Cole (20) playing as a key defender.

CorioSaint

St Kilda NGAs William Nish and Adrian Cole named in the best for Sandringham Dragons in their win this weekend over the Western Jets.