Travis Boak "Toughest conditions hes played in"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Travis Boak "Toughest conditions hes played in"

Odd to hear considering many on here said it was a non factor going forward.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Travis Boak "Toughest conditions hes played in"

CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 10:31am Odd to hear considering many on here said it was a non factor going forward.
He's setting up his excuse for their loss this week.

It's a national comp and top 4 teams and premiership contenders don't complain or give excuses.

The only mistake made was the game was played in May when a 5 year old with a keyboard would have had the nous to reaearch and schedule a game in a place called the "Wet Tropics" at least in June, but better still in July or August.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The conditions had nothing to do with going something like 3.10 from set shots.

I've seen many games in the belting rain much more accurate than that, and I've also seen us kick that bad in perfect conditions under the roof.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 11:04am The conditions had nothing to do with going something like 3.10 from set shots.

I've seen many games in the belting rain much more accurate than that, and I've also seen us kick that bad in perfect conditions under the roof.
And I've seen plenty with similar score lines. At least when it's raining the ball has little bit of tackiness. Humid conditions are incredibly difficult as everything is slippery.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

lol, not 3.10 difficult.

Why is it always someone / something elses fault, never the teams, with you? Always looking for excuses and playing the victim...

Poor execution cost us the game, that' it.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 11:04am The conditions had nothing to do with going something like 3.10 from set shots.

Nope. We've never kicked that poorly at Docklands. The only time we've kicked more poorly in the AFL era was in 2014 vs North in Hobart (in the rain & wind), we kicked 3.15.

I'm not sure how people don't understand that the more taxing the conditions, the harder it is to finish, especially if it's soft under foot. St Kilda should've won the game, but the conditions played a huge part.

Surely both teams going at an accuracy of less than 30% and disposal efficiency below 70% is enough to put the "it's just bad kicking" argument to bed.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Yep Boak said in an interview that Cairns was the toughest conditions he had ever played in. He said they another game on before which chopped up the ground, I can't believe the AFL allowed that.

With the above in mind, I can't see how our blokes can recover in time to match it with the Dees. Good old AFL have shafted us once again with the draw.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 11:36am lol, not 3.10 difficult.

Why is it always someone / something elses fault, never the teams, with you? Always looking for excuses and playing the victim...

Why do you always go against everything StKilda do? Why is it impossible for you to simply state the obvious as it's clear to everyone that the conditions worked against us and will this week.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I don't think I'll watch the game this week. It sounds like we've turned up our toes and are going to throw the game after an 8 day break.

And here I was thinking the players were supreme athletes in an elite competition with immense resources at thier disposal.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 12:28pm I don't think I'll watch the game this week. It sounds like we've turned up our toes and are going to throw the game after an 8 day break.

And here I was thinking the players were supreme athletes in an elite competition with immense resources at thier disposal.
Reading this forum I have no doubt it is the supporters here who have turned up their toes, not the club or the players. As I said before real pea hearts.

No one is going to miss you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And it's spelt T H E I R .
Last edited by saynta on Wed 04 May 2022 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 11:38am

Nope. We've never kicked that poorly at Docklands. The only time we've kicked more poorly in the AFL era was in 2014 vs North in Hobart (in the rain & wind), we kicked 3.15.

I'm not sure how people don't understand that the more taxing the conditions, the harder it is to finish, especially if it's soft under foot. St Kilda should've won the game, but the conditions played a huge part.

Surely both teams going at an accuracy of less than 30% and disposal efficiency below 70% is enough to put the "it's just bad kicking" argument to bed.
We kicked 5.17 against Geelong last year under the roof.

Obviously rushed behinds are increased due to the conditions, but we're talking about set shots.

And don't forget that they have multiple balls that are changed regularly now also, not one ball getting all 'greased up'.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 11:48am

Why do you always go against everything StKilda do? Why is it impossible for you to simply state the obvious as it's clear to everyone that the conditions worked against us and will this week.
Both, Teams. Played. In. The. Same. Conditions.

One was 5-1, the other 1-5.

I'm putting the blame on St Kilda because it's obvious to everyone (even Ratts) that our execution was the overwhelming factor.

Unless you're playing in gale-force winds down by the ocean, 4.18 (and 3.10 from set shots) is no where near acceptable for an AFL team.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 12:44pm

I'm putting the blame on St Kilda because it's obvious to everyone (even Ratts) that our execution was the overwhelming factor.

Unless you're playing in gale-force winds down by the ocean, 4.18 (and 3.10 from set shots) is no where near acceptable for an AFL team.
What are you using as a comparison to make that call? Doubt very much Ratten would come out and say stuff playing in that s*** again it cost us a game.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 1:21pm

What are you using as a comparison to make that call? Doubt very much Ratten would come out and say stuff playing in that s*** again it cost us a game.
Kingy cost us the game. Missed 2 set shots on goal an Auskicker would have nailed.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 1:26pm

Kingy cost us the game. Missed 2 set shots on goal an Auskicker would have nailed.

Maybe. Doubt an Auskicker could have as the ball would have been like a piece of soap.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 1:27pm

Maybe. Doubt an Auskicker could have as the ball would have been like a piece of soap.
The issue with his set shots is not the ball.

He's cost us a few games now because of is lack of skill level around set shots.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 1:32pm

He's cost us a few games now because of is lack of skill level around set shots.
Won us a few this year alone.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 1:34pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 1:32pm

Won us a few this year alone.
This thread is about making excuses for why we lost against Port and why we will lose against the Dees.

Kingy cost us the game against Port so let's hope he wins us the game against the Dees, he owes us one.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 12:37pm
Vortex wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 12:28pm I don't think I'll watch the game this week. It sounds like we've turned up our toes and are going to throw the game after an 8 day break.

Reading this forum I have no doubt it is the supporters here who gave turned up their toes, not the club or the players. As I said before real pea hearts.

No one is going to miss you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And it's spelt T H E I R .

Maybe concentrate on your own writing a little more.

Killa
Club Player

Acknowledging the set shots on minimal angle that just should have been kicked.

But I would understand that focus is on ball usage going into attack - the number 21 seems on high rotation in reviews.

So the 21 "helicopter/bomb" kicks without the player disposing of the ball giving any other opinion than they just threw it onto the boot.

That is 5 a quarter - plus 1 over.

And protection of the player with the ball - to afford them space.

The effort and the concentration was good - but the execution let the side down.

Conditions were most difficult - but the likes of Wanganeen-Milera and Long showed they were not impossible.

resaintlee
Club Player

It didn’t rain, where I was sitting behind the goal, during the game.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Lol, piece of soap, what a ridiculously hyperbolic thing to say.

Plenty of players managed to handle the ball cleanly many times throughout the game.

The conditions would have had minimal if not close to zero impact on set shot kicking. 3.10 is a joke and is the sole reason we lost.

The conditions impacted the game as a spectacle and BOTH teams equally, a better team will beat a worse team in any conditions if they both play at 100%.

Stop looking for excuses and playing the victim (again).

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 04 May 2022 3:17pm

Lol, piece of soap, what a ridiculously hyperbolic thing to say.

Plenty of players managed to handle the ball cleanly many times throughout the game.

The conditions would have had minimal if not close to zero impact on set shot kicking. 3.10 is a joke and is the sole reason we lost.

The conditions impacted the game as a spectacle and BOTH teams equally, a better team will beat a worse team in any conditions if they both play at 100%.

Stop looking for excuses and playing the victim (again).

Written by a person who has never played or in fact kicked a football. By far the most ridiculous thing you’ve posted and there’s a long list.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Boak actually said "one of the toughest conditions" he had played in.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

lol, nah I'm just not a MOD EDIT ……….Poster suspended for 24 hours for personal attack

"The other team got 8 days break while we only got 7.5 days, also it's a little bit muddy in the forward pocket, so no point in even running out on the field today boys, we've got no chance" - Curly addressing his team before a game

:lol: