Ratt's Presser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Ratt's Presser

Sounding more & more like Richo by the day this was pleasing & lovey dovey bulls*** really . I was hoping he could really turn this group of goers into a real close knit team that just works their arse of for each other & no matter the opposition & we could still be a competitive unit but as we all saw tonight it was a very fractured unprepared team that doesn't really know the game plan if they actually have one. Early days but Ratt's needs to be more hard arse & not accept that half arse effort we saw tonight

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ratt's Presser

Beginning to have some serious doubts about this bloke.

The selection of Kent. Seriously…

Yeah, he’s gonna be a rule bewdy.

No he’s not. He’s s***.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Sack him!

Saint supporter since '62
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I think the Bevo explosion just reinforced the need for coaches to say absolutely nothing off script in these pressers. Vanilla-Disney Speak is all we’ll get.

Now I’m barracking for the press again.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
seano1
Club Player

I don’t care what he says there but i like to hear that he’s taken the blokes behind closed doors an ripped into them with the press outside hearing the yelling but not quite knowing what is said

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

seano1 wrote: Sun 20 Mar 2022 10:32pm I don’t care what he says there but i like to hear that he’s taken the blokes behind closed doors an ripped into them with the press outside hearing the yelling but not quite knowing what is said
IMO he should be up front & honest to the faithful who pay to be members or turn up to watch the game . What he does behind closed doors is his business but don't give me warm & fuzzy after an effort like that at least show us some respect

flack
Club Player

Ratts was disappointed - now that's a surprise. A lot of Saints fans have been disappointed for far more years than most of our players have been on this earth. We need a coach who will talk to the players as though they are men earning a lot of money for their work, not a bunch of kids who can come and play next week regardless of the outcome. Unfortunately the fans have come to expect this. Ratts says he knew they would bring pressure, why weren't we prepared? There was no hunger for the contest, as Ratts said there's another 21 games to go, I'm sure we'll win one at some stage. He's too laid back and that comes through in the players attitude. Teamwork goes a long way as well. I watched the Suns take on the Eagles on Sunday and if they want to see what effort and teamwork can do I suggest Ratts sit the team down to watch it.

repta
Club Player

The team is still not focused.

One common trait for all successful teams (AFL and all other sports) is the focus. Successful teams dont get pushed off course. They have laser focus on the end goal.

StKilda remains an emotional mess.

Sometimes sad times galvanise a team. Other times the moment over comes the team . Time and time again the moment over comes StKilda.
Invariably StKilda lose the big tribute games. They appear to be overcome with emotion rather than using the emotion to spur the performance.

Winning Premierships is the business. Premiership is the prize and focus on winning one needs to surpass all other distraction.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

IMO

He looks totally spent

infact unwell

It is only round one

concerning

saint4life
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: Mon 21 Mar 2022 9:03pm IMO

He looks totally spent

infact unwell

It is only round one

concerning
Thought the same. He's not brimming with health and vigour. Huge bags under his eyes.

SunnyErnie
Club Player

We need a hard arsed coach. Would we give Ross Lyon the gig again? I'm only asking!!

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Mon 21 Mar 2022 9:24pm
chook23 wrote: Mon 21 Mar 2022 9:03pm IMO

He looks totally spent

infact unwell

It is only round one

concerning
Thought the same. He's not brimming with health and vigour. Huge bags under his eyes.
This job is not doing him any favours, maybe never seeing improvement in disposal efficiency after a couple of years in the job is stressing him.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Mon 21 Mar 2022 10:51pm We need a hard arsed coach. Would we give Ross Lyon the gig again? I'm only asking!!
I like Ross Lyon, for those unaware, not cause he’s a good bloke (I’m sure he’d be n asshole) but for 1 fact: good coaches get their teams to buy in and play with a discipline and if the players don’t they have a spell. Lyon has that in spades FACT.

Watching On The Couch tonight Dunstall said it best when they showed selfish play from Huggins ignoring a free Gresh….”this side will never be a good team until they do those pass offs (selfless acts) instinctively”. He’s bang on.

How many times did we see multiple players fly for the ball ?? While a Pies player just collected the crumb?? How many times do 3 of our players rush in to tackle….only to watch the ball spill lose and the opposition sprint away with it?????

It’s all discipline that great sides have. Great coaches instil that at Melbourne it’s well known if you don’t play the team way - you don’t play.

I really like Ratts reckon he’s a genuinely good person but he’s just got no edge, no ability to command the team play a brand of football that players come to know instinctively.

Do I want Lyon back?? No chance. Poor developer and games past him by.

Would I take an angry small Alistair?
Yep.

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Can't say what you really think.

Just been pantsed by guy coaching his first game.

5 goals from centre bounce ill
discipline

Your major asset keeps dropping marks

Forwards play for themselves

Best player a 26 year old from the minor leagues

Players can't remember the plan for the time it takes to warm up

Now you have to be mentored mercilessly by a Scotsman with a PhD in sarcasm and an impossible accent

Then there is the Rath debrief

The Leathlean chat, and wife wants to see the begonias in Ballarat on Saturday

I'll give you bags under the eyes young Jimmy. You take these useless stats I am making up and like it - or else!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Mon 21 Mar 2022 11:39pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Mon 21 Mar 2022 10:51pm We need a hard arsed coach. Would we give Ross Lyon the gig again? I'm only asking!!
I like Ross Lyon, for those unaware, not cause he’s a good bloke (I’m sure he’d be n asshole) but for 1 fact: good coaches get their teams to buy in and play with a discipline and if the players don’t they have a spell. Lyon has that in spades FACT.

Watching On The Couch tonight Dunstall said it best when they showed selfish play from Huggins ignoring a free Gresh….”this side will never be a good team until they do those pass offs (selfless acts) instinctively”. He’s bang on.

How many times did we see multiple players fly for the ball ?? While a Pies player just collected the crumb?? How many times do 3 of our players rush in to tackle….only to watch the ball spill lose and the opposition sprint away with it?????

It’s all discipline that great sides have. Great coaches instil that at Melbourne it’s well known if you don’t play the team way - you don’t play.

I really like Ratts reckon he’s a genuinely good person but he’s just got no edge, no ability to command the team play a brand of football that players come to know instinctively.

Yep.
This. Spot on. No hard edge.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Tue 22 Mar 2022 7:08am

Yep.
The whole team has no hard edge. Soft, constantly out muscled and out pushed by a team that wanted the pill more. I dont care what the media say, Collingwood fielded a strong team against us. I just felt that our team, most of our supporters and media thought it would be a cakewalk. If we give the same effort next week and the dockers will smash us by 50.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote: Tue 22 Mar 2022 10:09pm
st.byron wrote: Tue 22 Mar 2022 7:08am

Yep.
The whole team has no hard edge. Soft, constantly out muscled and out pushed by a team that wanted the pill more. I dont care what the media say, Collingwood fielded a strong team against us. I just felt that our team, most of our supporters and media thought it would be a cakewalk. If we give the same effort next week and the dockers will smash us by 50.
I felt like self harming myself tonight so I watched most of the replay and gee we were softer than soft. Missed and broken tackles, a lack of aggression in the contest and no thirst to be first to the ball.

We have become a bruise free side and I think we are in for a rough year because we lack a critical mass of players who like the physical stuff.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The competitive advantage they want.

No comment after the Friday night rubbish they served up.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 22 Mar 2022 10:50pm The competitive advantage they want.

No comment after the Friday night rubbish they served up.

Comfortable being uncomfortable? Righto that’s a Rattism but gee…..didn’t sound like he was buying it….

I wasn’t comfortable being uncomfortable in my seat last Fri trying to eat pie x 3 with 10,000 screaming Collingwood fans around me delirious cause we were marshmallows….

“Yeah….nah””