Seb Ross, Tim Membrey, Jake Carlisle family leave.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seb Ross, Tim Membrey, Jake Carlisle family leave.

no talking out of school
'n for those that do
revenge is best served coldly 'n quietly
were the first ones i learnt

traditional family values from our white psychotic side

cute ay

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Shaggy
Club Player

Banger9798 wrote: Fri 25 Jun 2021 5:32pm No doubt we have moved to a new paradigm.

This generation still expect the big income, but also expect their employer to accept their individual needs and be flexible around them.

It is a far cry from Keep Calm and Carry On ethic that served the populace through two world wars.

But what does it breed? Entitlement perhaps? A sense that my own needs need to be met before anyone else's?

Each new shift in ethics and values brings upsides and downsides. What will be fascinating about this generation is how they go with parenting, when they have to meet the needs of their kids first and surrender their own needs in order to do so OR, do they just stick the kids in front of a screen for 8 hours a day?
I think the kids are more competitive and committed today because they have to be. The qualifications and interviews and psych tests they go through to get initial jobs is ridiculous.

Seb is the opposite of entitlement.

It would have been easy to stay with the team and play football. Instead he chose to go to the front line and face new born twins and another little one. Hard work and no glamour. Not easy to get the balance right.

No doubt his wife won some brownie points for pay back support given she had moved to the hub last year with a little one away from her family and friends to support Seb in 2020.

Seb may also have learned from Jack Steven's demise following his marriage break-up.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

So does that mean Seb won’t get fat and hit the bottle?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Fri 25 Jun 2021 5:32pm No doubt we have moved to a new paradigm.

This generation still expect the big income, but also expect their employer to accept their individual needs and be flexible around them.

It is a far cry from Keep Calm and Carry On ethic that served the populace through two world wars.

But what does it breed? Entitlement perhaps? A sense that my own needs need to be met before anyone else's?

Each new shift in ethics and values brings upsides and downsides. What will be fascinating about this generation is how they go with parenting, when they have to meet the needs of their kids first and surrender their own needs in order to do so OR, do they just stick the kids in front of a screen for 8 hours a day?
Spot on Banger.

It is easy to be nice. (and easy to say, 'family first', good on ya Seb. Good on ya Brownie..good on ya everyone who heeds the call of responsibility to family...Its nice...and its easy..

We should also go easy from now on. Never look at performance again...or judge coaches and other players ..we really have no cause to judge Ratts let alone sack Ratts, if players can walk out anytime they are 'good responsible people' and 'do the right thing'

I am proud of the club. They were in pain...they let it slip...No doubt the Damien Barretts of the world will bag us...its a nice opportunistic ledge for the Damiens of the world to posture from.
But those club officials felt the pain...they were hurting...that is a good sign. Not just bean counters.
Bravo St Kilda..we bleed a bit.

..and we dust it off and try again..

Yep, new paradigm alright...and talk about a bandwagon...

We could all go into lockdown...the whole season could collapse tomorrow..it is possible. But I called it as I saw it. And so did Caro..so did Seb...who didn't want to get trapped...and who would wanna be trapped...not me!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Shaggy
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 28 Jun 2021 11:52pm

Spot on Banger.

It is easy to be nice. (and easy to say, 'family first', good on ya Seb. Good on ya Brownie..good on ya everyone who heeds the call of responsibility to family...Its nice...and its easy..
You can believe that but no it is not easy putting family ahead of work.

Less money

You give the opportunity for someone else to take your place

Red necks judge & others will use it against you

You need confidence and self-belief

I doubt you have Seb’s commitment to the Saints or own work or family so I do not think you understand.