Robert Harvey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints2
Club Player

Robert Harvey

A lot has been written about Robert Harvey’s lack of communication skills by the “Experts on here... I know Jeremy and I’ve just had a lengthy conversion with Jeremy Howe’s father who said Jeremy has said
“The players love Harvey they cannot believe he has missed out on coaches jobs.. his level of knowledge is unsurpassed and he communication skills are impeccable and they are looking forward to him coaching .. and would be sad if he leaves”

Take of it what you will but some of you clowns would have less idea than the Collingwood footballers

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robert Harvey

To be honest... I don’t think that’s uniquely an SS view but a broader perception of the entire AFL public

Harvey if anything has always enjoyed a higher level of support for a head coaching position here

Heck even in the sacking thread there’s a post or 2 suggesting we should try to get him back... and he was nominated by more than a few forumites here for the main gig before Ratten got the job.

Bizarre post IMO

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Just because you don’t seek attention, doesn’t mean you can’t command attention

Harves is calm, considered and concise - hallmarks of a great communicator

He is not a ranter or raver - hallmarks of a poor communicator

The Recruit
Club Player

Just been unlucky
Should have got the job in front of Richo but Ratts is probably a better choice at this stage.

At least he gets a shot now, would snap him up as an assistant if he is not wanted at pies

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021 7:19pm Just because you don’t seek attention, doesn’t mean you can’t command attention

Harves is calm, considered and concise - hallmarks of a great communicator

He is not a ranter or raver - hallmarks of a poor communicator
Agreed for the most part. The only point of contention is that you still need to be able to convince others you can do the job and make them want to hire you.

To this point in time, this appears to be his biggest shirt coming... which is ironic because it actually has nothing to do with his capacity to actually do the job.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Get him back at the club and let him take over once ratts moves on

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

We will now get plenty of opportunity to witness Harvey's ability to communicate clearly when interviewed by the media.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn’t be surprised if part of Bucks’s rationale to quit now, would be to give Harvs a go. He well knows that all the Collingwood assistants would be sacked if he were to continue under a new regime. They will be the sacrificial lambs. He also k owns Harvs’s hard luck as coach-in-waiting.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Let’s see how he goes. He may benefit from the caretaker coach syndrome.

I’ve never seen him as a senior coach, but I could be wrong. My feeling is that the Pies will throw megabucks at Lyon or Clarko.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021 9:55pm Let’s see how he goes. He may benefit from the caretaker coach syndrome.

I’ve never seen him as a senior coach, but I could be wrong. My feeling is that the Pies will throw megabucks at Lyon or Clarko.
Yep Lyon or Clarko

Harvey warming the seat
Coaches also need to be able to communicate externally- he fails miserably in this

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Interesting comment by Joey on 360.

Said that Lyin was a control freak. Wanted to do everything himself.

I thought that was the knock on Thomas.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Teflon

How well do you know Harves?

How important do you think it is, in the scheme of things… to be able to speak publicly?

How do you rate Wayne Bennett at speaking to media or fan base??

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

B.M wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021 11:48pm Teflon

How important do you think it is, in the scheme of things… to be able to speak publicly?

Rugby? I've never seen anything rugby related on TV.
Don't care

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

supersaints2 wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021 6:53pm A lot has been written about Robert Harvey’s lack of communication skills by the “Experts on here... I know Jeremy and I’ve just had a lengthy conversion with Jeremy Howe’s father who said Jeremy has said
“The players love Harvey they cannot believe he has missed out on coaches jobs.. his level of knowledge is unsurpassed and he communication skills are impeccable and they are looking forward to him coaching .. and would be sad if he leaves”

Take of it what you will but some of you clowns would have less idea than the Collingwood footballers
The fans on this website don’t carry much weight as far as their opinions are concerned.

Plus...we don’t appoint any...repeat ANY staff or coaches at St Kilda FC.

Direct your ‘correspondence’ to the St Kilda board and the CEO.

As skeptic said..bizarre post

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

shanegrambeau wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021 9:30pm Wouldn’t be surprised if part of Bucks’s rationale to quit now, would be to give Harvs a go. He well knows that all the Collingwood assistants would be sacked if he were to continue under a new regime. They will be the sacrificial lambs. He also k owns Harvs’s hard luck as coach-in-waiting.
That's actually a very good theory.
Buck's decision would have taken him a while, and he considered a lot of things.
Whatever ppl think of him, geez he's astute, measured, very clever, and does things for a reason.
(Except playing tennis in breach of covid- that was an 'oops' moment when the Little Head overruled Big Head)

Being good mates with Harves, he may have decided to create his own succession plan.
Let Harves take the wheel for a bit.
Even if Harves gets chopped next yr, it's adding to the CV and Harves might score a gig elsewhere.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Wed 09 Jun 2021 9:00pm We will now get plenty of opportunity to witness Harvey's ability to communicate clearly when interviewed by the media.
thats sharp

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 1:44am

Rugby? I've never seen anything rugby related on TV.
Don't care

ARL is league

Rugby is union.

Bennett is League, but like you I don't give a rats. :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I reckon as we’ll as you do though I wouldn’t be telling high school kids in PE class I know him..
Again though, irrelevant abs beside the point again
Clubs that struggle need to sell hope.
Coaches who are poor conveying that externally struggle unless they’re like Bennet and get results
Let’s see how Harvs goes but I’d be willing to wager he won’t get the job
You?

“Yeah….nah””
B.M
Saintsational Legend

I have only met him 3 or 4 times and only briefly each time, do not know him personally at all. Not sure I’d tell anyone I know him?

But when he speaks in the media, he makes sense, doesn’t waffle and it’s obvious it’s not all about him.. which is the way I like leaders to be.

I can bet my bottom dollar he won’t get the coaching gig at Collingwood - they want change and he’s been there for years. Why would they want more of the same?

Wouldn’t surprise if it’s Clarkson or Mitchell

Ross will be at Carlton next year IMO

saynta
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 10 Jun 2021 12:46pm I have only met him 3 or 4 times and only briefly each time, do not know him personally at all. Not sure I’d tell anyone I know him?

But when he speaks in the media, he makes sense, doesn’t waffle and it’s obvious it’s not all about him.. which is the way I like leaders to be.

I can bet my bottom dollar he won’t get the coaching gig at Collingwood - they want change and he’s been there for years. Why would they want more of the same?

Wouldn’t surprise if it’s Clarkson or Mitchell

Ross will be at Carlton next year IMO
Nup. Not after what they did to his mate.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Bring him home.

Install him as 2IC with the solid understanding that he's next in line (with an open time frame), invest everything in preparing him for the gig.

The least of my concerns is his ability to learn coach media-speak. All he has to do is occasionally drop "moving forward", "pleasing", "process", "scoreboard nourishment" etc, etc, avoid "yeah-nah", and he's keeping up.

We gave Watson, bat-shyte Blight, Watters, Richardson, et al, a crack FFS.

If Ratten doesn't get it done, what on god's green earth would be finer than having Robert Harvey be the first person to hold and raise the next St Kilda premiership cup??

Oh and do whatever it takes to get Ben King to the club while you're at it... it's a once in a generation opportunity. Max and he together would likely prove even greater than the inevitably formidable sum of their parts, and like Harvey, sensational for marketing and belief building.

Get it done. Make it happen.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote: Fri 11 Jun 2021 10:52pm Bring him home.

Install him as 2IC with the solid understanding that he's next in line (with an open time frame), invest everything in preparing him for the gig.

The least of my concerns is his ability to learn coach media-speak. All he has to do is occasionally drop "moving forward", "pleasing", "process", "scoreboard nourishment" etc, etc, avoid "yeah-nah", and he's keeping up.

We gave Watson, bat-shyte Blight, Watters, Richardson, et al, a crack FFS.

If Ratten doesn't get it done, what on god's green earth would be finer than having Robert Harvey be the first person to hold and raise the next St Kilda premiership cup??

Oh and do whatever it takes to get Ben King to the club while you're at it... it's a once in a generation opportunity. Max and he together would likely prove even greater than the inevitably formidable sum of their parts, and like Harvey, sensational for marketing and belief building.

Get it done. Make it happen.
That's a fan.

Love it.

And love Robert Harvey?

No one kids about that one.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

While we’re at it let’s move back to the Junction.

Love it.
👍

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.