Contracts ending 2021

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MickThomas
Club Player

Contracts ending 2021

Kent , Sinclair, Dunstan.

Kent is not going to help us climb the ladder.
Hasn't shown consistency. Hasn't played this year.
I can't see what the club saw in him.

Sinclair- to me, a player who gets selected because there's really no better alternatives.
I don't see oppo analysts worrying too much about how to counter him. Downhill skier.
Sure, he dreamed of playing for the club when he was in primary school, but he's not part of our future. Sorry, he just hasn't reached any great heights.

Dunstan- got 46 touches in VFL after his one senior game, proving that he's a really good VFL player but can't perform at the top level. Let him captain an SANFL team to a cup.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Contracts ending 2021

I’m not Sinclair’s biggest fan by any means but he absolutely should be on the list.

It’s been disappointing that he hasn’t elevated his game to the next level but he’s still capable and is depth at the absolute worse

Reckon he’s been the victim of Ratten’s erratic structure and we just need to better figure out how to better use him.

Put an end to this defender experiment. He’s a midfielder/forward flank

MickThomas
Club Player

Re: Contracts ending 2021

skeptic wrote: Thu 29 Apr 2021 10:07am I’m not Sinclair’s biggest fan by any means but he absolutely should be on the list.

It’s been disappointing that he hasn’t elevated his game to the next level but he’s still capable and is depth at the absolute worse

Reckon he’s been the victim of Ratten’s erratic structure and we just need to better figure out how to better use him.

Put an end to this defender experiment. He’s a midfielder/forward flank
Under Richo, Sincs could get 14 or so touches in a game, but never really made anyone sit up and go 'wow'.
I would see him as workmanlike, definitely fringe.
He used to play at lot of VFL, and would get into the seniors for a few games , then get dropped again.

I've checked his bio and surprisingly, his average disposals have been:
2019- 17 (played every game)
2020- 14 (first game was Rd 8 vs Power)
2021- 18 (much higher than I expected)

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn