50 against Marshall

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trixilver
Club Player

50 against Marshall

What the **** was that? Was literally struggeling to stand up and because he was injured he lifted his leg and that means a 50 metre penalty because of the man-on-the-mark rule. Do we seriously want this in our game?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Re: 50 against Marshall

Yeah the guy could hardly put weight on it. You'd think common sense would prevail.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Meanwhile, Kennedy was able to do the Time Warp while standing the mark.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

It’s a terrible rule, was always going to happen.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Trixilver wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 2:01am What the **** was that? Was literally struggeling to stand up and because he was injured he lifted his leg and that means a 50 metre penalty because of the man-on-the-mark rule. Do we seriously want this in our game?
No. that was a f****** joke but typical of the mindset from the type of arsehole who wants to be a maggot.

They remind me of school prefects.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:10am It’s a terrible rule, was always going to happen.
But correct?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:37am
The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:10am It’s a terrible rule, was always going to happen.
But correct?
Yep, correct decision according to the rule.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:48am Yeah the guy could hardly put weight on it. You'd think common sense would prevail.
What would the umpire do if he sat down.
Would he shout "stand".

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:23am
Trixilver wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 2:01am What the **** was that? Was literally struggeling to stand up and because he was injured he lifted his leg and that means a 50 metre penalty because of the man-on-the-mark rule. Do we seriously want this in our game?
No. that was a f****** joke but typical of the mindset from the type of arsehole who wants to be a maggot.

We called them "Defects".
Ignored their friends misdemeanors but enforced on others.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Speaking of clarity on rules...
In the 4th, inside Saints 50....Liam runs too far and Crouch just misses a tackle, whistle blows and King runs up and gives Liam a light bump in the back ( maybe a tiny bit of Liam's shoulder)....Crouch prepares to kick and umpire gives King the ball because Crouch didn't lay the tackle? WTF?
The whistle blew, King didn't lay a tackle...why did he get the ball? He actually ran into a player who stopped running, Feck all effort in actual play...

So why?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:22pm Speaking of clarity on rules...
In the 4th, inside Saints 50....Liam runs too far and Crouch just misses a tackle, whistle blows and King runs up and gives Liam a light bump in the back ( maybe a tiny bit of Liam's shoulder)....Crouch prepares to kick and umpire gives King the ball because Crouch didn't lay the tackle? WTF?
The whistle blew, King didn't lay a tackle...why did he get the ball? He actually ran into a player who stopped running, Feck all effort in actual play...

So why?
Liam ran too far and King was the closest Saints player

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

So why?
The free was for running too far - and King was the nearest player (having just bumped) at the time the free was paid.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:36pm

So why?
The free was for running too far - and King was the nearest player (having just bumped) at the time the free was paid.
Right, I thought the closest rule is superseded if a played is touched before the whistle blows.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:56pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:36pm

So why?
Right, I thought the closest player rule is superseded if a player is touched before the whistle blows.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Yep, that was another little gift from the umps in the last quarter :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:08pm Yep, that was another little gift from the umps in the last quarter :)
What, you saying a player can run as far as he wants without bouncing the ball, and if a maggot pings him it's a gift. f***, you really don't know the rules do you?

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:24pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:08pm Yep, that was another little gift from the umps in the last quarter :)
What, you saying a player can run as far as he wants without bouncing the ball, and if a maggot pings him it's a gift. f***, you really don't know the rules do you?
I think he was implying giving the kick to King instead of Crouch was the gift

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

therabbitinthehat wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:29pm
No - you are wrong - go and stand in the corner and wallow in your wrongness - to "The_Dud" every free against St Kilda is warranted - every one to St Kilda is a gift

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:50pm
No - you are wrong - go and stand in the corner and wallow in your wrongness - to "The_Dud" every free against St Kilda is warranted - every one to St Kilda is a gift
No, you’re thinking of Curly but in reverse. :)

I’m actually clever enough to realise that some go your way and some don’t, and over time it all evens itself out.

And then some genuine argued the Wilkie blatant jumper pull of Cripps was a wrong decision. Yes, people are that clueless.

Where do you stand?

:)

stevie
Saintsational Legend

At the G, the maggots are doing everything possible to keep Geebung in it But to no avail It’s a disgrace

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 6:32pm

I’m actually clever enough to realise that some go your way and some don’t, and over time it all evens itself out.

And then some genuine argued the Wilkie blatant jumper pull of Cripps was a wrong decision. Yes, people are that clueless.

Where do you stand?

I am sorry if I have mistaken which side of the fence you stand - but in truth you both blend into this annoying buzz during the the Match Thread

I used to Umpire at a lower level - Umpires have their days some good some bad - but railing against the Umpiring is like shouting at the Wind - you should be good enough to negate their bad days - having said that - I am as St Kilda biased as the next person. Umpiring can change a game - but if you are good enough you will still overcome

Also - I am a fan of consistent umpiring - which I feel we have not had since multiple umpires were introduced as each will see an event differently - I would rather that frees are missed completely due to a single umpire not being able to cover the ground than a holding free at one end being paid as an incorrect disposal at the other

Also,also - I know that Umpire Interpretation is an evil concept - but I would rather that an umpire call for 'dangerous tackle' rather than too high - if it is a touch on the shoulder that does not impede - then it should not be a free to Mr Selwood. If you touch a player but they recover to still compete for the ball - nothing to see here

― Aristophanes

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:41pm
saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:23am

We called them "Defects".
Ignored their friends misdemeanors but enforced on others.
There you are then. Exactly the same as maggots.

If you replace the wordfriendswith the word favourites. :wink:
Last edited by saynta on Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:08pm

Where do you stand?

I am sorry if I have mistaken which side of the fence you stand - but in truth you both blend into this annoying buzz during the the Match Thread

I used to Umpire at a lower level - Umpires have their days some good some bad - but railing against the Umpiring is like shouting at the Wind - you should be good enough to negate their bad days - having said that - I am as St Kilda biased as the next person. Umpiring can change a game - but if you are good enough you will still overcome

Also - I am a fan of consistent umpiring - which I feel we have not had since multiple umpires were introduced as each will see an event differently - I would rather that frees are missed completely due to a single umpire not being able to cover the ground than a holding free at one end being paid as an incorrect disposal at the other

Also,also - I know that Umpire Interpretation is an evil concept - but I would rather that an umpire call for 'dangerous tackle' rather than too high - if it is a touch on the shoulder that does not impede - then it should not be a free to Mr Selwood. If you touch a player but they recover to still compete for the ball - nothing to see here
Yes I agree there should be little to no umpire talk in the match thread.

I would also prefer the umps let more go, like they generally do in finals, makes for a better game.

But then some expect every ticky-tack free to go our way and basic assault against our opposition to not be paid, it’s laughable!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:26pm

Where do you stand?

I would also prefer the umps let more go, like they generally do in finals, makes for a better game.

But then some expect every ticky-tack free to go our way and basic assault against our opposition to not be paid, it’s laughable!
What's laughable is your boring defence of f****** wrong maggot decisions and your recent attempts to stifle free speech in match threads . :roll:

Let's not forget that the forum boss has only put two posters on notice with a ban threat for certain argumentive posts in the match thread, one of which is you.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:34pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:26pm

Where do you stand?

What's laughable is your boring defence of f****** wrong maggot decisions and your recent attempts to stifle free speech in match threads . :roll:

Let's not forget that the forum boss has only put two posters on notice with a ban threat for certain argumentive posts in the match thread, one of which is you.
Haha, I love how Boomers think ‘free speech’ means no one is allowed to call them out on their crap :D