I’m done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I’m done

I’m a successful self employed plumber with the perfect wife and daughter. Everything I can work towards and my life is great. This club had done me over for the last time for a while. I’m checking out for the season

nobhead
Club Player

Re: I’m done

Im done as well followed and supported this club for a long time but thats it no more .can't take the disapointment anymore

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Same. 37 years old, 32 years a member. I’m out. I don’t need this s*** in my life.

oboe
Club Player

I’m not done, but I’m disgusted.
I really thought we were a top 4 side, but now, I doubt if we could get over the Roos.
The lack of pressure has been really disappointing.
55 years a supporter, and we dish up this?
Hell, this is just atrocious - too slow, too small, and not interested.
And then you read the treatment of Rod Owen.
Not a good Easter.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I am finding this rather unhealthy.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 6:47pm Same. 37 years old, 32 years a member. I’m out. I don’t need this s*** in my life.
Plus 1. Limit to how much disappointment I’ll endure before I disengage.That’s the softest pile of shyte I’ve had the displeasure of witnessing. They can GF.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Come on boys yes it was pathetic probably the worst I've seen but if we all pull the pin then what do we have. We are our own worst enemy giving 5 year contracts to injury plagued player hoping for quick success will really hurt us in the long run & I think what we saw today is just a window of what's to come but you can't just jump ship we all need to hang tough it's just the role of a saints supporter never take anything for granted & be prepared to wait & from what I saw today it might be a long wait. But I'm a saint supporter always will be just have grin & bare it & hope for better outcomes than we saw today

ace
Saintsational Legend

oboe wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:03pm I’m not done, but I’m disgusted.
I really thought we were a top 4 side, but now, I doubt if we could get over the Roos.
Not a good Easter.
Maybe not a top 4 side but a good chance at a 6 side.

I thought at worst a middle 6 side but no
a bottom 6 side competing for the wooden spoon yet gain.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
leighsaintsince66
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:19pm
Beno88 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 6:47pm Same. 37 years old, 32 years a member. I’m out. I don’t need this s*** in my life.
Plus 1. Limit to how much disappointment I’ll endure before I disengage.That’s the softest pile of shyte I’ve had the displeasure of witnessing. They can GF.
I agree. The club seems to be more about social inclusion, mental health, probably BLM and other causes anyway. We probably lead the way in terms of social issues.

In relation to footy however, the club continues to tease us and then crush our dreams year after year.

I'm probably in the last quarter of my life now and have been waiting decade after decade for an elusive second premiership.

I have spent 1000's of hours and dollars on this team.

Why do I care so much? Is this club a cult?

Many of our players seem to lack passion and urgency.

Us long term supporters seem to care more about footy & our club than the current team does.

Fugazi1966
Club Player

For mental health and for the sake of the rest of the weekend, I went for a walk instead of watching the second half.
Understand everyone jumping off after that performance.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:43pm Come on boys yes it was pathetic probably the worst I've seen but if we all pull the pin then what do we have. We are our own worst enemy giving 5 year contracts to injury plagued player hoping for quick success will really hurt us in the long run & I think what we saw today is just a window of what's to come but you can't just jump ship we all need to hang tough it's just the role of a saints supporter never take anything for granted & be prepared to wait & from what I saw today it might be a long wait. But I'm a saint supporter always will be just have grin & bare it & hope for better outcomes than we saw today
With respect, I’ve been hanging tough for more than fifty years. Nup. Something fundamentally changes with that showing. Boundaries. Done with grinning and bearing it. Last week was deflating. Today was the last straw. F*** em.

Fugazi1966
Club Player

leighsaintsince66 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:03pm
I agree. The club seems to be more about social inclusion, mental health, probably BLM and other causes anyway. We probably lead the way in terms of social issues.

In relation to footy however, the club continues to tease us and then crush our dreams year after year.

I'm probably in the last quarter of my life now and have been waiting decade after decade for an elusive second premiership.

Us long term supporters seem to care more about footy & our club than the current team does.
I remember 2009 post GF taking 3 days to recover from the disappointment.
Alarm bells went off back then about just how much energy is invested into something I have absolutely no control over. Its all a bit over the top.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:07pm
bangaulegend wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:43pm Come on boys yes it was pathetic probably the worst I've seen but if we all pull the pin then what do we have. We are our own worst enemy giving 5 year contracts to injury plagued player hoping for quick success will really hurt us in the long run & I think what we saw today is just a window of what's to come but you can't just jump ship we all need to hang tough it's just the role of a saints supporter never take anything for granted & be prepared to wait & from what I saw today it might be a long wait. But I'm a saint supporter always will be just have grin & bare it & hope for better outcomes than we saw today
With respect, I’ve been hanging tough for more than fifty years. Nup. Something fundamentally changes with that showing. Boundaries. Done with grinning and bearing it. Last week was deflating. Today was the last straw. F*** em.
Me too Mate I'm almost 60 & been a saint since birth & yes there is a lot of things wrong but look on the bright side we might get a decent pick in the draft next year :wink:

sainterinsydney
Club Player

As usual, there is always next week.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Fugazi1966 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:08pm

Alarm bells went off back then about just how much energy is invested into something I have absolutely no control over. Its all a bit over the top.
Yes mate that’s it. Self respect requires some boundaries.

Fugazi1966
Club Player

I've got a little theory that Saints supporters are more successful than average in their personal lives.
No evidence really, but its a thought that brings solace.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote=Fugazi1966 post_id=1893817 time=1617441503 user_id=23623]
I've got a little theory that Saints supporters are more successful than average in their personal lives.
No evidence really, but its a thought that brings solace.
[/quote]

I also forgot to mention I have a dog

Laurie
Club Player

40 years plus social club member and what our team dished out today is totally unacceptable with the list of player we have.
There is obviously an issue within the club when so many of our players are playing without passion and for the jumper.
We have recruited players which we were led to believe will give us a tilt at our second flag but obviously not.
Hard decisions need to be made and if guys are only there for the money well time to drop or move them on .

Hill maybe a good player but playing without passion runs around half pace like a headless chook without any impact on the game .

Buler has lost all form .

Mc Kernan not up to it.

King needs to hold his marks and kick goals..

Hannebury will never give us a full season.

As for me rather watch local footy am embarrassed to say i follow St.Kilda when you watch how we played today..

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I still wonder why we have supporters

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Laurie wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:23pm 40 years plus social club member and what our team dished out today is totally unacceptable with the list of player we have.
There is obviously an issue within the club when so many of our players are playing without passion and for the jumper.
We have recruited players which we were led to believe will give us a tilt at our second flag but obviously not.
Hard decisions need to be made and if guys are only there for the money well time to drop or move them on .

Hill maybe a good player but playing without passion runs around half pace like a headless chook without any impact on the game .

Mc Kernan not up to it.

As for me rather watch local footy am embarrassed to say i follow St.Kilda when you watch how we played today..
Fair call any saint supporter that wasn't embarrassed by that effort is not a true saint supporter IMO I know I am :(

spert
Saintsational Legend

Ratts clearly does not value defensive game. I've seen enough of King so far over last season and this season to believe he is VFL standard, but I hope he improves. Ratts has a big problem in getting this group up and working as a unit- we can blame injuries a little, but the unwillingness of many players to make a hard contest really falls back on the coach, as this was a team cockup, as was last week. I hope the president and board drag Ratts in for a good talk.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

You did to yourselves....
Any clear minded assessment of our team had us in 2021 end of the rainbow.... in 8th.
Reality was 9th or 10th.

Not because we are rubbish but we are in a mini rebuild, our young guns are very young. We have few too many senior players of high skill and clubsmen to lead, we traded in well in 2019 and had a good run, fairing better than most in 2020.

But reality is our ruck stock is perilous, we are at least 1-2 KPP short in : midfield ( need an inside bull and a tall mid) defence ( need a Geary replacement and a Carlisle replacement) and ruck ( Ryder was swell but he should've retired, he's not got the heart right now and that's ok, at best 2021 was his swan song, leaving Rowan alone)

Its reality.

Check my posts before the season started. Im still saying the same thing.

We are going pretty well when everyone is healthy but we don't have QUALITY depth, we have quantity depth. Thats still leftovers from Richo...but we are improving and growing and a few smacks around the ears isnt the worst thing on the road the greatness.

So go off and sook with few hundred coldies and then when you've s*** your guts come back with your socks up. We do deserve a whinge and a moan after getting flogged raw.
But it hurts worse when you're living in fantasy land.

Crouch- first game no fitness yet, he's a basic we paid overs for....
Hill is past it, he really is cooked
Jones can't stay healthy
Butler can't stay consistent
Kent is a spin of the wheel whether he's injured, plays great or is rubbish.
King MUST have another KPP up front in support but my opinion matters to no one so we will just keep crushing his confidence until he offers twaddle like today.
Membrey is only great when the planets align, but usually ok.
Gresham either is out with his back or knee or now achilles, he also has struggled for 2 years to be healthy
Hannebury is dust in the wind
Carlisle is cactus
Higgins- there's lots of hope
Young guns are really hurting for confidence and we need some leaders out there to lift their little balls outta the dust and pat them on the poo poo and get them crawling again.

8-10th position.

Stop the bizarre fantasy we are "that close".
We are better overall, heaps better. Not so much the last fortnight. But still better than 3 years ago.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Laurie wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:23pm 40 years plus social club member and what our team dished out today is totally unacceptable with the list of player we have.

Mc Kernan not up to it.

Delusional...pure insanity if you thought we were ready for a tilt at the GF. How the hell did you come to this conclusion? Was it media hype? Nope, they were overall saying we were going to sit 8-12th on the ladder....I just don't get the 40 years a member and you still can't properly access where our team is at? We are building...not a full knock down and rebuild just adding a new room and redoing the kitchen and bathrooms, maybe get the driveway resurfaced.. you'd like that right?

5 years of Richo crushed this team. It's going to take more than a lucky bizarre covid season to call this a team ready to have a tilt.

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

st.byron wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:18pm
Fugazi1966 wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 8:08pm

Yes mate that’s it. Self respect requires some boundaries.
I agree Byron & Fugazi. I'm lucky enough to have many passions beyond the club.

Like many on here, we rightly show our footy passions from time to time but are highly resilient (we must be if we follow the saints for years... ha ha)!

Despite our immense frustrations many of us probably have highly meaningful lives outside footy eg family, successful businesses, whatever etc. etc.

We don't suffer from St Kilda related PTSD!

I and many others are fortunate enough to enjoy highly successful full lives ...And well & truly smart enough to set boundaries around our footy experience.

Saint 58
Club Player

oboe wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 7:03pm I’m not done, but I’m disgusted.
Not a good Easter.
Agree ... WTF was that !!???
Same old Saints, build something good, then fxxx it up ... again
I can take losing (heaps of experience), but give us some passion, desire & effort !

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]