Rookie List

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footynut
Club Player

Rookie List

We have plenty of rookie spots left, and I would be thinking about delisting a couple of our uncontacted players such as Clavarino. But should we also look closely at some of the delisted free agents such as Cam McCarthy and Chips. What do think?

diddley
Club Player

Re: Rookie List

Cam McCarthy signed on to a WAFL team before the AFL season even finished. He is done in the AFL, and doesn’t want to leave WA. I get the impression he doesn’t have the work ethic to make it in top tier, and can play “good enough” without putting the effort in.

diddley
Club Player

As for Chips, grab him for a year as “break glass in case of emergency”, nothing more.
Clav would be hard done by to be shifted, but i don’t mind him being on the rookie list to keep him. Suffered from not having VFL this year, but is a key position player who was always gonna take time.

footynut
Club Player

As I scroll through the rest of the delisted free agents, not many pop out to me. Although Jordan Gallucci has had his injury issue he was an early draft pick a couple of years ago, how are his foot skills? Sam Skinner has had several ACL's but could be good back up. Jasper Pittard showed at Port that he could play. Sam Durdin when drafted was highly rated, and Billy Gowers had an awesome 2018 before getting injured.

Saints58
Club Player

Can we put Oscar and Phillips on rookie list and delist McKenzie Connolly Joyce we need players who are big to play CHB and CHF Willkie is good but not big enough if we put 2 on rookie list still leaves a spot there.
I know paying out the contracts is expensive but those players are not going to play next year so instead of taking a spot for a year bit the bullet and delist them.

diddley
Club Player

Saints58 wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020 11:32pm Can we put Oscar and Phillips on rookie list and delist McKenzie Connolly Joyce we need players who are big to play CHB and CHF Willkie is good but not big enough if we put 2 on rookie list still leaves a spot there.
I know paying out the contracts is expensive but those players are not going to play next year so instead of taking a spot for a year bit the bullet and delist them.
Why would we delist Connolly? He was drafted only last year, and is still a teenager.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Tue 17 Nov 2020 6:22am
Saints58 wrote: Mon 16 Nov 2020 11:32pm Can we put Oscar and Phillips on rookie list and delist McKenzie Connolly Joyce we need players who are big to play CHB and CHF Willkie is good but not big enough if we put 2 on rookie list still leaves a spot there.
Why would we delist Connolly? He was drafted only last year, and is still a teenager.
Rohan ...( RoCo) has a double chin and fails the skin folds test...that's why

lol

I know who you're talking about 8-)

https://www.zerohanger.com/afl/players/leo-connolly/

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/tag/leo-connolly/