Carlisle re-signs (Tom Browne; Tom Browne ...)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Carlisle re-signs (Tom Browne; Tom Browne ...)

I hope this is true. IMHO - Jake is still best 22 but having said that - I hope Oscar pushes him out by R12 in 2021

Go Saints 🔴⚪️⚫️👊🏼

Go you red, black & white warriors
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Carlisle re-signs (Tom Browne; Tom Browne ...)

Pleasing.

Saint supporter since '62
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Great news. Hope he has a big year in 2021.
The off season is getting better and better.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SaintPelican66
Club Player

Told ya.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

My favourite Saint!

Well done Big Jake!!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:13pm Told ya.
I thought you left.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The titanic rides again

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SaintPelican66
Club Player

I will also say that once Higgins is over the line we will turn our attention to Treloar as I mentioned in another post. He hasn't nominated us because we don't know if we can fit him in. If the Bulldogs take Lonie and Essendon take Hind, then all we would need to do is find a home for Webster.....Adelaide? If all these dominos fall into place then expect us to offer our first pick (which will be Richmond's actually), to Collingfilth for Treloar but that is on the proviso that the Pies pay $200,000 per year for the entire contract. How likely is this to happen? It will take a bloody miracle but that is what the plan is. Nobody has to believe me and if you want to take everything I am saying with a grain of salt then be my guest.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

You know what they say about broken clocks.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:18pm
I thought you left.
Staying on until the end of Trade period 2020. Unless I get banned beforehand. Fingers crossed I don't upset the moderators too much.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:21pm You know what they say about broken clocks.
No, what do they say?

SaintPelican66
Club Player

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:22pm
I thought you left.
Staying on until the end of Trade period 2020. Unless I get banned beforehand. Fingers crossed I don't upset the moderators too much.
Actually I think I know. Silly as a 2 bob watch.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Carlisle has counted the number of contracted players on the list and then realised if you don't have a signed contract you could be heading for a delisting.

The club has only delisted 4 senior players, brought in 2 players and Higgins soon makes 39 listed senior players that probably needs to be 3 less than 38 ahead of the draft.
That means the list must shrink by 4 more.

He received no interest while on the table so took what the saints were offering.

Clavarino, Hind, Lonie, Marsh, Phillips & Savage are senior players so far without a signed contract.
Delisting and then reclaimed as rookies could save 2.

(Assumes senior list size is 38, rookie A is 3 , rookie B at least 1)
Last edited by ace on Mon 09 Nov 2020 11:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Cordz2
Club Player

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:26pm
SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:22pm
I thought you left.
Actually I think I know. Silly as a 2 bob watch.
😳

ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:20pm I will also say that once Higgins is over the line we will turn our attention to Treloar as I mentioned in another post. He hasn't nominated us because we don't know if we can fit him in. If the Bulldogs take Lonie and Essendon take Hind, then all we would need to do is find a home for Webster.....Adelaide? If all these dominos fall into place then expect us to offer our first pick (which will be Richmond's actually), to Collingfilth for Treloar but that is on the proviso that the Pies pay $200,000 per year for the entire contract. How likely is this to happen? It will take a bloody miracle but that is what the plan is. Nobody has to believe me and if you want to take everything I am saying with a grain of salt then be my guest.
Webster has already said absolutely no to being traded to an Adelaide club.
He lives in Melbourne.

Roberton, Webster and Dunstan maybe on the table but they have contracts so only have to swap clubs if they want.
Other clubs are unlikely to improve on those contracts.
Tyres have been kicked but no-one has reached for their wallet yet.

Lonie & Hind may be tradeable.
Essendon have sniffed at Hind but Dildo is probably hoping the Saints will be forced to delist him.
Dildo will then have an orgasm as he grabs Hind as a delisted free agent.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Hoping this news is true. Carlisle is still very important for our side and a one year contract has the benefit of keeping him on his toes and ensuring he puts in the effort to earn another year in 2022

Vazelos
Club Player

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:20pm I will also say that once Higgins is over the line we will turn our attention to Treloar as I mentioned in another post. He hasn't nominated us because we don't know if we can fit him in. If the Bulldogs take Lonie and Essendon take Hind, then all we would need to do is find a home for Webster.....Adelaide? If all these dominos fall into place then expect us to offer our first pick (which will be Richmond's actually), to Collingfilth for Treloar but that is on the proviso that the Pies pay $200,000 per year for the entire contract. How likely is this to happen? It will take a bloody miracle but that is what the plan is. Nobody has to believe me and if you want to take everything I am saying with a grain of salt then be my guest.
I believe you I was told by my people early yesterday that we are in for Treloar boots and all but someone has to leave to get it over the line to squeeze him in. He said No to Dogs and Hawks leaving us and GWS and he doesn’t want to leave Melbourne so that leaves us standing.
This deal is on your Mail is correct whether it can be executed let’s see.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Treloar cannot be made to sign with anyone.

Collingwood have made it impossible for them to keep him

Their TPP is out of control.

We should say that they need to pay $300,000 for every year of his contract and take a future second.

That might be the only deal that will satisfy all parties.

They cannot possibly play the : "do the right thing by us" loyalty card to Treloar seeing as they have so categorically screwed him publicly

Nee!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 7:17am Treloar cannot be made to sign with anyone.

We should say that they need to pay $300,000 for every year of his contract and take a future second.

That might be the only deal that will satisfy all parties.

They cannot possibly play the : "do the right thing by us" loyalty card to Treloar seeing as they have so categorically screwed him publicly
Besides fugazi, it was the "do the right thing by us" that got them to this point. Treloar will not fall for that again unless he's a complete moron.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Glad Jake has signed on, at least we won't have to hear any of that ridiculous Hurley talk again.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Gershwin
Club Player

ace wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 11:57pm
He lives in Melbourne.

Roberton, Webster and Dunstan maybe on the table but they have contracts so only have to swap clubs if they want.

Essendon have sniffed at Hind but Dildo is probably hoping the Saints will be forced to delist him.
Any word on McKenzie? Is contracted but unlikely to play Seniors. Surely he could be convinced to try elsewhere.

summertime and the living is easy ........
takeaway
Club Player

Vazelos wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 6:15am
I believe you I was told by my people early yesterday that we are in for Treloar boots and all but someone has to leave to get it over the line to squeeze him in. He said No to Dogs and Hawks leaving us and GWS and he doesn’t want to leave Melbourne so that leaves us standing.
This deal is on your Mail is correct whether it can be executed let’s see.
I thought the Saints had ruled themselves out re Treloar. Too costly, both pick wise and salary, even if Collingwood contribute. If we get Higgins, he can help in the midfield, we are OK now there. Treloar in may well mean losing one or two of our younger players in the next year or so as they come out of contract, due to salary cap pressures. So no thanks.

I think we are managing our cap very well, didn't overpay for Crouch, and we are determined to use a first pick this year in the draft, whether it is our current pick or we end up with Richmond's in the Higgins trade.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sam Edmund reckons we are not in the race for Treloar.

Can they be trusted though? Their analysis is usually first class shite.

Time will tell.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 7:17am Treloar cannot be made to sign with anyone.

Even then I don’t want him. Good player, but we’d have to play him in the midfield every week, keeping Clark consigned to the HBF and Gresham to the forward pocket.

Not saying no to quality imports per se, just making the case for developing what we have already.

Any case, I believe Lethlean ruled Treloar out. Too costly.
Last edited by bigcarl on Tue 10 Nov 2020 10:03am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote: Tue 10 Nov 2020 9:24am
ace wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020 11:57pm
He lives in Melbourne.

Any word on McKenzie? Is contracted but unlikely to play Seniors. Surely he could be convinced to try elsewhere.
Convincing him isn’t the issue. Convincing another club to take him is though.

If only he could fix up his kicking.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.