The last plane out of Melbourne is almost gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The last plane out of Melbourne is almost gone

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 18db428397

"The last plane out of Melbourne’s almost gone.

Well, not really, but in an AFL sense, the final exodus from Victoria to the sunshine state is in full swing.

The first of three flights bound for Gold Coast has just left Tullamarine, with the likes of Collingwood president Eddie McGuire and St Kilda players Dan Hannebery and Jade Gresham on board.

Saints assistant coach Jarryd Roughead is also on the flight with wife Sarah, daughter Pippa and new born son Will.

McGuire said his “heart breaks today” to be departing the home of the football.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Watch every match of every round Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

“I’ve really felt a bit emotional today, about the fact that today we’ll probably find out that the Grand Final officially is not going to be in Melbourne for the first time ever,” he said.

“It was hard enough when it went to Waverley in 1991, far less going to where it ends up.

“It’s quite emotional today because the people of Melbourne and Victoria have just been such a major part of football always, and we’re sort of doing it on location this time.

“I really feel for everybody, so we’ll go up as a footy community and try and put the best show on we can.”

Geelong star Gary Ablett will jet north with his wife Jordan and son Levi on the 3pm flight, while league boss Gillon McLachlan will fly later today after a historic commission meeting this morning to

determine the location for this year’s Grand Final, with Queensland expected.

St Kilda midfielder Hannebery — complete with black face mask — was on the 1pm flight and remains hopeful of playing finals football after hamstring surgery in July.

“I’m not too far away — I’ve been fully running now for about two or three weeks,” he said.

“I did a massive session yesterday and I start skills with Rough for a couple of weeks in the hub, which will be good.

“There’ll be a few handy players up there to help through training as well, so there’ll be three or four of us … before we get back to our respective clubs.

“Hopefully by then, I’m ready to join in main training for a couple of weeks and then if the boys can hopefully keep winning, then you never know.

“There’s no certainties, but I’m going to give it every chance and it’s my best shot to get back, and I’m feeling really good at the moment, so that’s a positive.”

McGuire — whose St Kilda counterpart Andrew Bassat was also on the flight — said it would be a busy time as he juggles being Pies president and also radio and broadcast commitments from inside the hub.

McGuire said no Grand Final in Melbourne would be difficult for many to accept."

johnearljames
Club Player

Re: The last plane out of Melbourne is almost gone

We need Dan back.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 01 Sep 2020 4:02pm https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 18db428397

Well, not really, but in an AFL sense, the final exodus from Victoria to the sunshine state is in full swing.

The first of three flights bound for Gold Coast has just left Tullamarine, with the likes of Collingwood president Eddie McGuire and St Kilda players Dan Hannebery and Jade Gresham on board.

Saints assistant coach Jarryd Roughead is also on the flight with wife Sarah, daughter Pippa and new born son Will.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. Watch every match of every round Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

“I’ve really felt a bit emotional today, about the fact that today we’ll probably find out that the Grand Final officially is not going to be in Melbourne for the first time ever,” he said.

“It was hard enough when it went to Waverley in 1991, far less going to where it ends up.

“It’s quite emotional today because the people of Melbourne and Victoria have just been such a major part of football always, and we’re sort of doing it on location this time.

“I really feel for everybody, so we’ll go up as a footy community and try and put the best show on we can.”

Geelong star Gary Ablett will jet north with his wife Jordan and son Levi on the 3pm flight, while league boss Gillon McLachlan will fly later today after a historic commission meeting this morning to

St Kilda midfielder Hannebery — complete with black face mask — was on the 1pm flight and remains hopeful of playing finals football after hamstring surgery in July.

“I’m not too far away — I’ve been fully running now for about two or three weeks,” he said.

“I did a massive session yesterday and I start skills with Rough for a couple of weeks in the hub, which will be good.

“There’ll be a few handy players up there to help through training as well, so there’ll be three or four of us … before we get back to our respective clubs.

“Hopefully by then, I’m ready to join in main training for a couple of weeks and then if the boys can hopefully keep winning, then you never know.

“There’s no certainties, but I’m going to give it every chance and it’s my best shot to get back, and I’m feeling really good at the moment, so that’s a positive.”

McGuire — whose St Kilda counterpart Andrew Bassat was also on the flight — said it would be a busy time as he juggles being Pies president and also radio and broadcast commitments from inside the hub.

McGuire said no Grand Final in Melbourne would be difficult for many to accept."
Well the last plane out of Melbournes nearly gone
And only 2 flying hours and I'll be landing in the sun
You know there's nothing like the kisses
From a jaded hub wag princess
I'm gunna hit that lock down mattress all night long

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The privileged few.

I hope they appreciate their status.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Oh...Khe Sanh...
That was the infamous 'Tet Offensive' in the Vietnam War.

Allied Forces relaxed, thinking the VC would be quietly observing an important religious event.
Boy were they caught napping.

So we expect the Hawks to go quietly?
'Don't drop your guards, fellas'

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Ah...that songs always reminds me of Aussie Rock!
A bunch of ten pound pound poms, sorry Scott’s too, trying to make music for the yanks, not getting there and celebrating the Oi Oi anyway!

Last plane my arse...as if catching a plane was like taking a bus. Last Sandy train almost gone....maybe!!

Yep, Hawks mane like the Viet Cong and I don’t trust Clarko not to set some booby traps and ambushes even if they are tanking.

I expect one on Hill 8 and a mortar attack on Steele factory number 9.

Matter of fact, I’ve been learning about that conflict lately, as the vets are staring to pass.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I see Gresham was on that plane. I wonder if there’s any chance he could return this season.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Wed 02 Sep 2020 6:15pm I see Gresham was on that plane. I wonder if there’s any chance he could return this season.
I don't imagine any scenario where Gresh could return, there's not enough time for recovery and rehab?
We can only hope, but in my humble opinion, can't see it

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

So he’s up there for moral support then. We need that as well

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Wed 02 Sep 2020 6:51pm So he’s up there for moral support then. We need that as well
I think (I am only presuming) that having him there lets him feel still connected to the club, it promotes the team feeling because he is certainly a valued member, and if our support staff e.g. physios are there, they can track his rehab.
I know Jack Steven (who? haha) spent time in NW WA in Broome with family and did his own training, but doing rehab with team-mates should be better, more motivation, etc.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The saints are hoping that Hannas , Gresh and Dunstan are all available should we make the finals

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 02 Sep 2020 7:39pm The saints are hoping that Hannas , Gresh and Dunstan are all available should we make the finals

Wow. That would be a bonus IF we make it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn’t mind Dunny playing one H&A game just to
help perhaps boost his trade value

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Wed 02 Sep 2020 1:12pm Oh...Khe Sanh...

Allied Forces relaxed, thinking the VC would be quietly observing an important religious event.

The "Tet Offensive" - the very week I was born.

"SS Pueblo incident" in North Korea happened the same week!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
sendmehomehappy
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Wed 02 Sep 2020 8:41pm
WellardSaint wrote: Wed 02 Sep 2020 1:12pm Oh...Khe Sanh...

The "Tet Offensive" - the very week I was born.

"SS Pueblo incident" in North Korea happened the same week!
I'd hazard a guess that your mother had a fair fight on her hands to land you too.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Just saw on Facebook that the eagles trained at a my son’s former junior club oval not far from my place today and Monday. Aren’t they meant to be in a hub or something?

SunnyErnest
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 01 Sep 2020 4:02pm https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... 18db428397

Electric Light Orchestra - Last Train to London (Official Video)

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up4WjdabA2c

It was 9-29, 9-29 back street big city.
The sun was going down, there was music all around
It felt so right.
It was one of those nights, one of those nights when
you feel the world stop turnin', you were standing
There, there was music in the air. I should have been
Away, but I knew I'd have to stay.
Last train to London, just headin' out,
Last train to London, just leavin' town.
But I really want tonight to last forever
I really wanna be with you,
Let the music play on down the line tonight.
It was one of those nights, one of those nights when
you feel the fire is burnin', everybody was there,
everybody to share
It felt so right.
There you were on your own, lookin' like you were
The only one around, I had to be with you,
nothin' else that I could do,
I should have been away, but I knew I'd have to stay.
I really wanna be with you.
Underneath a starry sky, time was still but hours
Must really have rushed by, I didn't realize,
But love was in your eyes, I really should have
Gone, but love went on and on...
I really wanna be with you.

Who is StoneCold??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

So they all go up and quarantine for 14 days together and then the Saints boys go into our hub? Is that right?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Fri 04 Sep 2020 12:02am So they all go up and quarantine for 14 days together and then the Saints boys go into our hub? Is that right?
Yep. And aren't people whinging about the soft quarantine.