Boy how disheartening was that?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Boy how disheartening was that?

Almost feel like I’d have preferred they just not turn up. At 1/4 time it’s smiles and thinking about actually cementing ourselves in the 8 and having a crack a finals.

Efforts like today make me feel like I want to just give up on the Saints and not bother with this.

Of course I won’t... the club is in my blood for life but geeez that sucked.

Feel very flat after that performance.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Boy how disheartening was that?

Yep.

I can’t believe how mentally weak we are. It’s not talent or system - we were good enough to get 5 up on North and 6 up on Freo ... and disintegrated against both when challenged. Terribly disappointing.

Huge reality check - I’d like to see Ratten get nasty at selection - his hallmark was supposed to be about skill and finishing off your work. Time to walk the talk.

Go you red, black & white warriors
chook23
Saintsational Legend

feels like we were created just to inflict pain on ourselves

numb again

saint4life
George27
Club Player

I share your pain. They are tough to watch, our Saints

Secret Kiel
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:55pm Almost feel like I’d have preferred they just not turn up. At 1/4 time it’s smiles and thinking about actually cementing ourselves in the 8 and having a crack a finals.

Efforts like today make me feel like I want to just give up on the Saints and not bother with this.

Of course I won’t... the club is in my blood for life but geeez that sucked.

Feel very flat after that performance.
Don't take this season too seriously. It's highly possible the comp will be shut down again if we stsrt to get COVID-19 outbreaks in other states, especially Queensland.

Another scenario is COVID-19 might not be shutdown the comp again but disrupt it enogh the fixture is butchered again and further diluting the integrity that the AFL will be forced to make the Astersik offical.

Our boys were incredibly disadvantaged this week and we should be proud that they are doing what's asked of them which is turn up and contribute to the illusion that life and competition is normal.

This is a good team but I wouldn't take this years comp too seriously.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:59pm Yep.

I can’t believe how mentally weak we are. It’s not talent or system - we were good enough to get 5 up on North and 6 up on Freo ... and disintegrated against both when challenged. Terribly disappointing.

Huge reality check - I’d like to see Ratten get nasty at selection - his hallmark was supposed to be about skill and finishing off your work. Time to walk the talk.
Nasty at selection? If that happens we are officially tanking. A great tell tale sign will be if Bytel gets selected.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Exactly, I wouldn’t take SK too seriously.

We got ahead of ourselves at quarter time and thought we were going to waltz it in. We let off the gas and Freo adjusted, and we didn’t respond.

Umpires, bus trips, Noosa, COVID has nothing to do with it.

Too many front runners after quarter time, Freo just went in harder.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I’ve had an hour to cool down and I still haven’t. That was weak. I love Marshall but your out and Ryder in. Long at least gave effort but will be missing weeks so Savage can come in. Two or three of Coffield, Paton, Gresham, Hill and Lonnie out. Bytel and Byrnes in

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:34pm I’ve had an hour to cool down and I still haven’t. That was weak. I love Marshall but your out and Ryder in. Long at least gave effort but will be missing weeks so Savage can come in. Two or three of Coffield, Paton, Gresham, Hill and Lonnie out. Bytel and Byrnes in
Oh god, not Savage.

Will gladly taken either of Roberton or Webster instead

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:34pm I’ve had an hour to cool down and I still haven’t. That was weak. I love Marshall but your out and Ryder in. Long at least gave effort but will be missing weeks so Savage can come in. Two or three of Coffield, Paton, Gresham, Hill and Lonnie out. Bytel and Byrnes in
Yes, well. There needs to be a few changes at least. Sinclair will be an in, along with Byrnes and maybe Ryder and Webster.. Doubt they will play two first gamers in the one side in Adelaide so Bytel will have to wait at least another week.

Don't think they will risk Hanners this early.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:39pm
Yes, well. There needs to be a few changes at least. Sinclair will be an in, along with Byrnes and maybe Ryder and Webster.. Doubt they will play two first gamers in the one side in Adelaide so Bytel will have to wait at least another week.

Sinclair is not consistently good, he might have a bit of skill but he'd excel in suburban footy, but he ain't an AFL footballer

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Was horrible to watch live. After quarter time ........fumble fumble fumble. Second to the pill, poor disposal, turnovers costing us plenty. Like the air went out of us at quarter time and then we suddenly woke up with ten minutes to go. Too little too late. Farkin disappointing

saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:43pm

Sinclair is not consistently good, he might have a bit of skill but he'd excel in suburban footy, but he ain't an AFL footballer
I disagree. In 2018 he was the only saints player regarded as elite by Champion data. He has been an emergency for past 5 matches. So a definite in AFAIC.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:56pm Was horrible to watch live. After quarter time ........fumble fumble fumble. Second to the pill, poor disposal, turnovers costing us plenty. Like the air went out of us at quarter time and then we suddenly woke up with ten minutes to go. Too little too late. Farkin disappointing
Was "orrible to watch on fox as well. :cry: :cry: :cry:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

One would think that SInclair is certainly a chance.

Guy has some skills and smarts but like so many of his time... failed to progress or develop any type of consistently.

Would be happy to see him take Marsh’s spot. He’s earned an opportunity

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:25pm Exactly, I wouldn’t take SK too seriously.

We got ahead of ourselves at quarter time and thought we were going to waltz it in. We let off the gas and Freo adjusted, and we didn’t respond.

Umpires, bus trips, Noosa, COVID has nothing to do with it.

Too many front runners after quarter time, Freo just went in harder.
I’m not sure anyone takes SK seriously. Weird unit.

Comes on here talking about the team that he doesn’t watch on match day.

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

If the cap fits ...

CAP - itulation.

Numb too.

Was it -
The bus trip?
COVID?
Feeling sorry for Acres?
Umpiring?

What about -
Skills by hand and foot?
The deer in the headlights?
Discipline?
Accountability?

Sad day. Let's reset for next week.

As Geronimo said at the battle of Liltle Bighorn, "I think we'll see a completely new side next week." (Thanks Guru Bob)
I'm sure the selection committee is thinking this through even now.

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:12pm feels like we were created just to inflict pain on ourselves

numb again
BDSM/Brothels are banned in Victoria now, so they decided to take it to QLD instead.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 6:03pm
WellardSaint wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 5:43pm

I disagree. In 2018 he was the only saints player regarded as elite by Champion data. He has been an emergency for past 5 matches. So a definite in AFAIC.
Partly true. He was CD elite in 2017 but he was off a wing (linking up with Billings who played as a HF).

Sincs is a very good small forward - I can’t find a reason as to why we shouldn’t play him instead of Lonie next week.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

It really is offensive.

Losing like that.

It is quite disrespectful to the fourty six thousand members that have hung around, with most on the couch because they cant go out anywhere. We get to sit through that s***. I wonder if any of them will actually consider this when they kick back in Noosa this evening.

There are no excuses. It was lazy and insipid.

I knew it in the lead up to this game that I should know better than to start looking forward to it. Every time you start looking forward to it, they f****** let you down again.

s*** effort St.Kilda.

A really s*** effort.

Enjoy your quaranteen.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
scallopsroe
Club Player

Our brittleness has been a sorry feature of our system since 2012. We roll over too easily. Sad but a reflection of the club's mentality fo many years

scallopsroe
Club Player

Our brittleness has been a sorry feature of our system since 2012. We roll over too easily. Sad but a reflection of the club's mentality fo many years

scallopsroe
Club Player

scallopsroe
Club Player

scallopsroe
Club Player