Caro on Ben King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caro on Ben King

The_President wrote: Thu 15 Aug 2019 12:00pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 15 Aug 2019 11:45am I actually think Ben King will cost more at the end of next year!
Totally agree.

Aside from being Max’s brother and a former top 10 pick.

Ben has already shown elite potential in a handful of games. People arguing that we shouldn’t trade for him now, or that a first and a player is too much to trade just don’t have vision.
Just heard on Footy Classified that Caro reckons 'the Ben King camp' have assured Gold Coast that he will stay on next year

Perhaps Gil and headquarters got in the ear of the 'King camp' and just let them know that it is a bad look for the club and they don't want young draftees leaving after only just 1 season

Caro also said that Ben is not looking at signing on to extend his stay up there. Every other uncontracted player bar Nick Stevens gets to go to the club of their choice so why the f*** shouldn't we benefit for once?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 19 Aug 2019 11:43pm
Just heard on Footy Classified that Caro reckons 'the Ben King camp' have assured Gold Coast that he will stay on next year

The "Ben King Camp" (St KFC) are probably wisely wanting to land Hill and others this year. Hill is gettable and if we can not get a Cogs tyre pure mid is very much the type of player we need and do not have.

Ben can wait. Skinny talls like he and Max will take a while to bloom. Playing two of them in the firsts next year would be problematic.

Makes way more sense to land him next year.

If the Saints do not improve our midfield THIS draft/ trade period then 2020 is going to be ugly no matter who our new coach is.

Remember too that next year that there are quite a few good FA's coming up. It is not the year to be a basket case club if you want to try and snag one.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Carry on, Ben King!

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Gold Coast may do better to deal this year, rather than next year when he's out of contract. They'll want a first rounder which is very reasonable. Freo will want a 1st rounder for Hill, again, very reasonable.

We've only got 1 first round pick. Anyway you slice it, if we want Hill and King, we're going to have to trade players and very decent players. Therefore, we need to be prepared to trade a Ross, Acres and/or Steven.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 2:52pm or Steven.
Steven will not gain us much in picks. He will gain us more if we can use him to gain a young Cat with upside like Constable.

We need Hill a lot more than we need BKing just now.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 3:05pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 2:52pm or Steven.
Steven will not gain us much in picks. He will gain us more if we can use him to gain a young Cat with upside like Constable.

We need Hill a lot more than we need BKing just now.

Plus 1

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 2:52pm Gold Coast may do better to deal this year, rather than next year when he's out of contract. They'll want a first rounder which is very reasonable. Freo will want a 1st rounder for Hill, again, very reasonable.

We've only got 1 first round pick. Anyway you slice it, if we want Hill and King, we're going to have to trade players and very decent players. Therefore, we need to be prepared to trade a Ross, Acres and/or Steven.
Next years first rounder

Nee!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

fugazi wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 4:26pm
Linton Lodger wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 2:52pm Gold Coast may do better to deal this year, rather than next year when he's out of contract. They'll want a first rounder which is very reasonable. Freo will want a 1st rounder for Hill, again, very reasonable.

Next years first rounder
And maybe Newnes as steak knifes

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

If they drive a really hard bargain and we have to keep Newnes, so be it.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 5:54pm If they drive a really hard bargain and we have to keep Newnes, so be it.
You win.

ace
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Tue 13 Aug 2019 10:14pm There are probably a few clubs who would want him
Why do we think he'll be coming to us ? ( apart from the obvious 2 )
He is a St Kilda supporter.
Every kid wants to play for the club he supports.
But eventually they become mature professionals who then want to play for glory and money.
Ben is still a kid his first choice will be St Kilda.
The more years he stays at Gold Coast the less likely he is to choose St Kilda when he does move.
We need to get our mitts on him now.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Tue 20 Aug 2019 4:26pm

Next years first rounder
NO !
This years first rounder.
Enough of this going into debt nonsense.
If we can get both then consider next years first rounder.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

He’s under contract