Clark facing the axe

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clark facing the axe

whiskers3614 wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 11:16pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 11:07pm
satchmo wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 8:26pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 8:21pm
satchmo wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 8:17pm
skeptic wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 7:57pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 7:12pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 6:49pm
The_Dud wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 3:30pm
samoht wrote: Sat 11 May 2019 2:59pm Does the data take into account the headwinds and the fact that we're outperforming/beating expectations based on our list and injuries?
Every team has injuries.

5+ years is a large sample size, we’re not talking about a 1 or 2 year coach.

The head coach sets the agenda for the club. 100+ games, no finals, 33% won. Has there EVER been as bad a record in the history of the AFL?
Really that's what you think Dud? Come on Dud. Broken record.
I’m just responding to questions.

And even with my broken record, still no one has been able to tell me if anyone has EVER had as bad a record as Richo in the history of the AFL/VFL?
What I find interesting is that whilst you cop some insults... I rarely read a spirited defence of the coaching.
Interesting perspective. I only see The_Dud as being insulting.

At any rate, it's hard to argue that Richo is doing a great job. My point is (and has always been) that the Club as a whole has failed, and to blame one individual would be to let the entire organisation off the hook. Those at the club will have a much better idea of how each person is performing, and IF it is the case that it is entirely/largely Richo's fault, then he will be sacked. He will be sacked eventually anyway, they always are! Whoever takes his place will be sacked at some point too.
I would prefer that the club addresses whatever problems they have and continues to improve across the board, in an ongoing process.
I hope that Richo is our next Premiership coach.
When have I ever been insulting?

I’ve commented on his job performance, but never insulted him personally. I’m sure he’s a great bloke, but you need more than that to be a good coach.
Well perhaps it's my interpretation, or perhaps it's just the vibe. You have certainly implied that he is the worst coach in AFL history, which is pretty insulting. I can think of two premiership coaches that were probably worse!
Yes indeed I am saying he has the worst record of 117 game coaches, because that’s what the results say, and this is a result based game. Nothing personal.

And believe me, I blame the incompetent board who extended his contract and then haven’t had the guts to own up to their mistake and fire him a season ago.

I think we made many improvements in the off season but failed to pull the trigger on the biggest issue.

I’d also like to know who those 2 premiership coaches are!
Tony Jewell and Percy Jones come to mind! :oops:
Are they available?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.