Words fail me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Words fail me

dragit wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 9:38pm
stonecold wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 6:03pmNot here to have enjoyable discussion with
wannabes and cowboys that have never graced the field in their lives!!!!
Well everyone else is here to have enjoyable discussion and you don't seem very good with hints so…

YOU ARE RUINING THIS FORUM WITH YOUR RUBBISH, PLEASE STOP.
Just block him, mate. It improves the forum experience tenfold. If everyone who was tired with Stoneclod's s*** posting blocked him, there'd be no one left to see his posts.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ahhhhhh Stoneclod, never a dull moment with THAT one! :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stonecold
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 9:26pm Ahhhhhh Stoneclod, never a dull moment with THAT one! :roll:
What have I supposedly done now?????

I'm happy old Ted Danson blocked me!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 9:31pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 9:26pm Ahhhhhh Stoneclod, never a dull moment with THAT one! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ted Danson! good one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As I say Stoneclod...never a dull moment my friend! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

satchmo wrote: Tue 07 Aug 2018 2:28pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 12:29pm As Roger Waters once sang: “I have become.....comfortably numb” I honestly felt, in almost twenty years a member of the St Kilda footy club, that I’d never reach a stage where I felt like giving it away......... but in the wake of THAT display, feel as though I’m DONE.
I prefer the older Pink Floyd stuff. 'Alan's psychedelic breakfast' or maybe 'Careful with that axe, Lethlean'
Regardless of Alan's purported preference for marmalade, I have to say that in supporting St Kilda for over 50 years, I have never been so angry and disgusted by a 'performance' as by the one we witnessed against the Dogs. I have seen very poor St Kilda teams but I can't remember ever having seen a capitulation such as this. It ranks with the loss against Hawthorn at Waverley in 1999, but I was angrier this time.

I left at 3/4 time, the first time I have ever left a game before the final siren. What's more, and I don't care what anybody says in response to this, I'm not ashamed to admit it. There were hundreds of others heading for the station with me.

We've had wooden spoon-winning teams that would give this mob a hiding. No guts, and an incredible lack of basic skills in several key players.

We seem to have nothing left to fall back on. In every poor St Kilda team I can remember, we had a couple of stars who alone made the membership or entrance fee worthwhile, even when we were on the end of a 100-point shellacking. Not any more.

As you can tell, I'm in despair. Not sure I'll get over this one.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 3:19pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 05 Aug 2018 12:29pm As Roger Waters once sang: “I have become.....comfortably numb” I honestly felt, in almost twenty years a member of the St Kilda footy club, that I’d never reach a stage where I felt like giving it away......... but in the wake of THAT display, feel as though I’m DONE.
I prefer the older Pink Floyd stuff. 'Alan's psychedelic breakfast' or maybe 'Careful with that axe, Lethlean'
Regardless of Alan's purported preference for marmalade, I have to say that in supporting St Kilda for over 50 years, I have never been so angry and disgusted by a 'performance' as by the one we witnessed against the Dogs. I have seen very poor St Kilda teams but I can't remember ever having seen a capitulation such as this. It ranks with the loss against Hawthorn at Waverley in 1999, but I was angrier this time.

I left at 3/4 time, the first time I have ever left a game before the final siren. What's more, and I don't care what anybody says in response to this, I'm not ashamed to admit it. There were hundreds of others heading for the station with me.

We've had wooden spoon-winning teams that would give this mob a hiding. No guts, and an incredible lack of basic skills in several key players.

We seem to have nothing left to fall back on. In every poor St Kilda team I can remember, we had a couple of stars who alone made the membership or entrance fee worthwhile, even when we were on the end of a 100-point shellacking. Not any more.

This “stay till the end and take your medicine” stuff doesn’t wash with me. Yes, I leave early when faced with the sort of s*** we were served up on satdee, however, I NEVER boo my team off the field. NEVER shout abuse at players...... some may think that “ staying to the end “ gives licence for such behaviour... I prefer not to. If the performance is SO bad and gutless that I can’t cheer for the side, then I prefer to leave rather than stay and abuse players. I understand that others may disagree with my view...... I don’t give a continental.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

It is not an either or situation. You don't abuse your team and you don't leave early IMHFO. But hey feel free to follow your own conscience ffs.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 1:31pm It is not an either or situation. You don't abuse your team and you don't leave early IMHFO. But hey feel free to follow your own conscience ffs.
Gee thanks so much for letting me “feel free to follow my own conscience” :roll:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I hear ya Superboot. My anger and ongoing banging on about replacing Richardson is really coming from a sense of despair. Bottom line is he took over in 2014 and from where we are now, it looks a long way off until we’a contender again. Maybe 2024??? Who knows. But if so, that’s another ten years in the wilderness gone by. We were sold the ‘top 4 by 2018’ guff (which I was happy to swallow on the back of two GF’s being a not so distant memory). By the end of last year it looked reasonable to think we might play finals this year. But the disaster of a year it’s been and the manner of the disaster has led me to just feel like giving up on the hope that I’ll ever see a flag in my lifetime. Have also been a Sainter for about 50 years and I can’t remember feeling so profoundly disappointed at the manner of our performances. That’s expectation for ya.......

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 3:51pm
saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 1:31pm It is not an either or situation. You don't abuse your team and you don't leave early IMHFO. But hey feel free to follow your own conscience ffs.
Gee thanks so much for letting me “feel free to follow my own conscience” :roll:
My pleasure mate.

Still think your account has been hacked though, but your lot has never had staying power have they?

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 5:03pm
My pleasure mate.

Still think your account has been hacked though, but your lot has never had staying power have they?
There's a small difference between being an agent provocateur and well, a self-righteous douchebag. I'm not sure which one you are but I'll press on.

What gives you the right to play moral arbiter as to when people leave a game? As JS said - he'd rather leave early with grace before it gets to the point it does with some where they hurl abuse. I know which behavior I'd applaud but either way - as you note - abuse is not on.

And given Seb Ross said in an interview post-game on Saturday evening "we just stopped competing all over the ground" I think that those that chose to leave early were well within their rights to do so. If the punters paid good money to watch their team at the very least compete - then that contract's broken once the players fail to live up to their end of the bargain.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 5:35pm
My pleasure mate.

There's a small difference between being an agent provocateur and well, a self-righteous douchebag. I'm not sure which one you are but I'll press on.

What gives you the right to play moral arbiter as to when people leave a game? As JS said - he'd rather leave early with grace before it gets to the point it does with some where they hurl abuse. I know which behavior I'd applaud but either way - as you note - abuse is not on.

And given Seb Ross said in an interview post-game on Saturday evening "we just stopped competing all over the ground" I think that those that chose to leave early were well within their rights to do so. If the punters paid good money to watch their team at the very least compete - then that contract's broken once the players fail to live up to their end of the bargain.
Yeah, I saw that Seb interview, even mentioned it on here days ago.

It was a tongue in cheek post by me

It wasn't meant to be offensive. I just though there were more choices than leave or stay and abuse the players.

My views on this subject have remained constant over the years,

During the last quarter of the replayed grannie in 2010 , seats vacated by saints supporters were filled by a swarming filth mass who then started spot fires all over the MCG.

Left a lasting impression with me.

But hey, I wasn't talking to you anyway. :roll: :roll: :roll:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

My pleasure mate.

My “lot has never had staying power “ (??!!??) I can remember another poster.... (I [think] his username was “ stringer “ ) used to cite the same stuff to me, I took no notice then, and see no reason to change tack now.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 5:50pm
My pleasure mate.

My “lot has never had staying power “ (??!!??) I can remember another poster.... (I [think] his username was “ stringer “ ) used to cite the same stuff to me, I took no notice then, and see no reason to change tack now.
News to me. Wasn't trying to upset you though.

Just thought some of your posts were a bit over the top recently

But anyway, peace brother.

Looking forward to a good game tomorrow.

ps I was referring to your soccer team, Scunthorpe!!

Last edited by saynta on Thu 09 Aug 2018 6:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 5:51pm
My pleasure mate.

Kumbaya! :lol: :lol: :lol: no worries mate!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 5:57pm
saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 5:51pm
My pleasure mate.

Kumbaya! :lol: :lol: :lol: no worries mate!
:D :wink: 👍
Last edited by saynta on Thu 09 Aug 2018 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

You think you're better than Ted Danseo?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 6:30pm

You think you're better than Ted Danseo?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Wed 08 Aug 2018 11:16am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ted Danson! good one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As I say Stoneclod...never a dull moment my friend! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Ted Danson? I don't get it.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 7:38pm

I don’t get it either mate, but you have to humour them :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 7:47pm

I don’t get it either mate, but you have to humour them :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I thought it was just me who didn't get it,

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 7:55pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Thu 09 Aug 2018 7:47pm

And I thought it was just me who didn't get it,
:lol:

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

I actually stayed to the end, which even surprised me, but I'm done for the season. Not going tomorrow night or next Saturday night. If it is Sam's last game against North than I well go to farewell the last of our 2009/10 Grand Final players.
The sad thing is that there is a good chance this current group of players may never play in a finals match, unless they are traded. As you said in the 80's we had Plugger and Frawley then gradually accumulated others.
After 2000 we signed Malcolm Blight up to coach, plus cudos to Watson for falling on his sword, which Richardson would do the same. With the signing of Blight came Hammill and Gehrig and Reiwoldt and Kosi showed such promise from their very first game.
But we have nothing like that, the club has become so bland from the top down, it's become a nothing club. There's just no desire and passion. Only Carlisle and Gresham show any promise of the future right now. Completely disillusioned.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Bit harsh there mate. Clark and Long will be 100 or 200 game players.

Just hope it is with the saints

To the top
SS Life Member

Yes, the results leading into the end of 2017 and now thru 2018 have been what they have been.

And, quite frankly, to say other than we continue to build a List with the objective of consistently playing Finals football (being the requirement for achieving Premiership success) is abject nonsense - including because there are 18 teams in the competition all with the exact same objective.

So we look to be among the most competitive in the competition also in regards enhancements to the List, which is an ongoing and never ending responsibility (even when you win a premiership)

That said, on our List we number (in jumper Number order) Hickey (who is a proficient tap ruckman also with football skills), Carlisle, Steven, Gresham, Acres, now Freeman (and looking forward), Clark, Billings, Roberton (hopefully returning), Long, Battle, Bruce, Membrey, Mc Cartin and Coffield PLUS we have some hopes for Goddard, Austin, White, Marshall and Paton given opportunity.

Some of those named have had interrupted 2018 seasons - and your injury list plays a big part in success given the evenness of the competition.

My summary is that I am not as disappointed as some because we remain a work in progress post the departures of Fisher, Dempster, Riewoldt and Montagna - exposing an absence of tried and tested leaders with experience because of the sins of the past.

The coaching?

I acknowledge that the Captain is elected by the players, but the players would not rock the boat in regards what they perceive is the position of Head Office (bit like working for Murdoch or Costello in media!).

So it is my belief that our Captain reflects the values of the Coach, that that is a major problem and that that is the reason for the angst and opinion which is put on this site.

For that reason alone, I view the Coach is past his use by date.

The players named above need to be given license to move on - our future is in THEIR hands.