Second video..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bozza1980
Club Player

Re: Second video..

Sobraz wrote:The Cats have/had plenty of dickheads on their list. Led by their coach, who puts Carlisle in the shade.

It's just that those Cat dickheads were excellent at football.

No dickheads policy and 'culture' is the biggest myth in our game.
Agree.

Winning hides all sins.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

How many scandals have Cats had comparatively to us?
Take off the blinkers they did it well for long period and when it counted - we recruited Lovett FFS

“Yeah….nah””
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:How many scandals have Cats had comparatively to us?
Take off the blinkers they did it well for long period and when it counted - we recruited Lovett FFS
They've actually had a pretty similar amount of "scandals" as us over the past 10-15 years.

They also tried very hard to recruit Lovett before we got him.

They're all dickeads lets be honest.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I wish we had gone for BEnnell. A better footballer and just as big a goose, but his discretion was in the past, not Trade Week. Carlisle to me seems even worse than Harley.

ripplug66
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I wish we had gone for BEnnell. A better footballer and just as big a goose, but his discretion was in the past, not Trade Week. Carlisle to me seems even worse than Harley.

Heard something yesterday that suggests Bennell makes Carlisle sound like Einstein and it certainly explains why Richmond didn't take him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Teflon wrote:How many scandals have Cats had comparatively to us?
They've actually had a pretty similar amount of "scandals" as us over the past 10-15 years.

They also tried very hard to recruit Lovett before we got him.

They're all dickeads lets be honest.
I don't recall to many scandals while challenging for flags while we imploded several times?
Let's face it when did they have a Prez (Butters) and megolamaniac (Thomas) last ruining their club and publicly embarrassing them?

I think we're being selective with memory and a touch biased...

“Yeah….nah””
avid
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Personally, I think the STKFC have been treated relatively well by the media.

Harking back to Lovett, schoolgirl scandal, dwarf burning etc is only to show that that type of behaviour is a world away from what Finnis and Richardson has produced in two short years.

The coverage from a St.Kilda standpoint has be supportive.

I feel very confident and happy the general AFL and its media are looking at the Saints in a different light.

Its almost like the attitude is "Carlisle is a bit of a problem, but the Saints will sort him out". A far cry from the perception of our club was a few years back.

What saynta says is true, Carlisle is a bloody dill who may not have the brains to understand the gravity of the situation for him as a footballer and the big $$$$ he is earning, and him as a person.

He could end up like Franklin and be a top footballer (until Franklin toppled over again) or he could end up like Angwin.

If it is the latter it will be his fault and his only. It wont be for the want of trying from the STKFC.
Not usually a massive fan of Bunk_Moreland, but I think this summation is spot on.
We're doing all right, in the circumstances.