Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

St Chris wrote:
jaxons wrote:You can all relax he has been done and dusted to Carlton for some time now.
Definitely won't be at the Saints.
SOS has got his work cut out for him then.

They've got to give up picks to fit Silvagni, Bradley, and potentially Rice onto the list, and you know the Bombers are going to demand the world for Carlisle.
They sure do know how to build a list down there at Carlton… Carlisle will fit in seamlessly with their other gun recycled players - Warnock, Jones, Jaksch, Tutt, Whiley, Thomas & Wood.

A premiership could be just around the corner if they add a few more mature players.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

If the Saints are truly chasing Carlisle, then that pretty much spells the end for Lee and White.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:If the Saints are truly chasing Carlisle, then that pretty much spells the end for Lee and White.
Why does "chasing" spell the end? Carlisle is obviously better than them because he's played 80+ games. But that doesn't give any conclusions on whether they're good enough for AFL level.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saynta wrote:If the Saints are truly chasing Carlisle, then that pretty much spells the end for Lee and White.
Why does "chasing" spell the end? Carlisle is obviously better than them because he's played 80+ games. But that doesn't give any conclusions on whether they're good enough for AFL level.
Well, if the saints thought those two bookends were going to make the grade, why would you be chasing a guy who doesn't fit in and may not be playing for up to two years.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Well, if the saints thought those two bookends were going to make the grade, why would you be chasing a guy who doesn't fit in and may not be playing for up to two years.
Because he's obviously better than them. So if you get him then you let one or both of them go. But that doesn't mean they're not going to be AFL level, just that he's better.

I sleep around because the other women are younger and more fun than my wife. But that doesn't mean she's not who I want to spend the rest of my life with.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:You can all relax he has been done and dusted to Carlton for some time now.
You've been right 50% of the time.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

They've got to give up picks to fit Silvagni, Bradley, and potentially Rice onto the list, and you know the Bombers are going to demand the world for Carlisle.
They sure do know how to build a list down there at Carlton… Carlisle will fit in seamlessly with their other gun recycled players - Warnock, Jones, Jaksch, Tutt, Whiley, Thomas & Wood.

A premiership could be just around the corner if they add a few more mature players.
Maybe they will give us Matthew Watson

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

I don't see a problem at all in getting players from other clubs who are young enough. We could say the same with Hickey, Lee, Membery, Schneider, Dempster. Carlisle has 10 years left and baring injury is good enough to play that long. A young recruit could be around for 2 years.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

I don't see a problem at all in getting players from other clubs who are young enough. We could say the same with Hickey, Lee, Membery, Schneider, Dempster. Carlisle has 10 years left and baring injury is good enough to play that long. A young recruit could be around for 2 years.
That's true, just not sure if losing a 1st round pick for a $700,000+ player is what they need.
They need a full rebuild - but they've been recruiting as if they are only a couple of players short of being a contender.

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Not sure that it is as 'cut and dry' that he's off to Carlton as Jaxons has stated.
That may be so, but I can tell you that St Kilda has made a significant play for him in the last couple of weeks. I think from Carlisle's point of view money may be the determining factor - but if its not, then the presentation which Bains, Finnis, Richo can put forward to him would be far more compelling that Carlton's (a team with the worst list in the AFL, no permanent coach, a disorganized back office and 4-5 years away from being competitive).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

That's true, just not sure if losing a 1st round pick for a $700,000+ player is what they need.
They need a full rebuild - but they've been recruiting as if they are only a couple of players short of being a contender.

So obviously you don't want us to get him either and do know we are further advanced but probably only 2 years. I think a 23 year old at any stage of the clubs development is OK. I don't think a FA at any stage of development makes any sense. I certainly don't buy this crap that we must use our pick one on an untried player no matter what. I suppose Carlton could be feeling the same way. Anyway I have no idea why he would go to Carlton and take Jaxons words on this with a grain of salt.

jaxons
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

So obviously you don't want us to get him either and do know we are further advanced but probably only 2 years. I think a 23 year old at any stage of the clubs development is OK. I don't think a FA at any stage of development makes any sense. I certainly don't buy this crap that we must use our pick one on an untried player no matter what. I suppose Carlton could be feeling the same way. Anyway I have no idea why he would go to Carlton and take Jaxons words on this with a grain of salt.
You don't have to believe me Plugger its ok.
When it happens you may acknowledge that I told you in August that this is already done, or you will probably say 'lucky guess'!
Why he wants to go is the same reason Jacksch went there last year and Rice has chosen them over us.
A lot of people have no desire to go to Seaford, so other clubs have an advantage over us until we are back at Moorabbin.
Ripleys "Believe it or Not", couldn't give a stuff whether you do, but at least have the graciousness to acknowledge this when it happens!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
You've been right 50% of the time.
That's being generous.

Rice going to the brown baggers? Crap.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

When it happens you may acknowledge that I told you in August that this is already done, or you will probably say 'lucky guess'!
Why he wants to go is the same reason Jacksch went there last year and Rice has chosen them over us.
A lot of people have no desire to go to Seaford, so other clubs have an advantage over us until we are back at Moorabbin.
Ripleys "Believe it or Not", couldn't give a stuff whether you do, but at least have the graciousness to acknowledge this when it happens!

I dont think I said lucky guess when you got Ben right. I wont acknowledge you either but I wont say lucky guess. By the way where does Rice live? I take it from these posts you never had anything to do with our club so you must be a friend of a manger or listen to rumours. Still interested on where Rice lives. And if you want acknowledgement do you also want ridicule when you are wrong? And what players have we missed out on whilst at Seaford?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
jaxons wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

I dont think I said lucky guess when you got Ben right. I wont acknowledge you either but I wont say lucky guess. By the way where does Rice live? I take it from these posts you never had anything to do with our club so you must be a friend of a manger or listen to rumours. Still interested on where Rice lives. And if you want acknowledgement do you also want ridicule when you are wrong? And what players have we missed out on whilst at Seaford?
Jaskche, O'Rourke, Wiley, Tutt, and Boekhorst. That is why Carlton are challenging for the flag and O'Rourke is leading Hawthorn's B&F.

Wont we be at Moorabbin in 2017?

Oh and got advice this stuff about Carlilse has been leaked by someone other than our club, either Essendon trying for a bidding war, or attempting to get mor $ out of Carlton by Carlilse's manager.

You are garbage - Enough said
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The more I think about the more I think this would be a dumb idea.
Lets just stick to the draft and back our recruiters. No panic stations.
Roberton, Gilbo, Webster and Goddard can hold the fort down back in the next few years.

(p.s Gilbert turns 29 next week).....

jaxons
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
jaxons wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

Just for the record Plugger you say i have been right 50% of the time.
The only thing I got wrong was suggesting Choco would be coach instead of Richo.
And I wont make excuses for that, but Choco had the job until he stuffed it up himself by a ridiculous interview and stupid comments.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Jaxons I for one hope you are right about Carlisle...as much as it is disappointing hearing the Seaford issue raised again I dont think trading for someone like him is the way to go. Equally it will be disappointing to see Rice go to Carlton, but we have to put things into perspective at the end of the day he is another moderately slow flanker which we dont really need.

We need midfield class, kicking skills with speed and key defenders.

Carlisle would be a quick fix for our defence, but you can imagine the uproar when he gets rubbed out for two years by WADA. If Essendon are smart they will try and get as many of the probable banned players to differing clubs as possible. It dilutes the effect it will have on them and having other clubs effected by bans may improve their bargaining power if/when sanctions arise!

I am a great believer in things happening for a reason and he (Carlisle) chosing Carlton will have its reasons in time!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Jaxons I for one hope you are right about Carlisle...as much as it is disappointing hearing the Seaford issue raised again I dont think trading for someone like him is the way to go. Equally it will be disappointing to see Rice go to Carlton, but we have to put things into perspective at the end of the day he is another moderately slow flanker which we dont really need.

We need midfield class, kicking skills with speed and key defenders.

Carlisle would be a quick fix for our defence, but you can imagine the uproar when he gets rubbed out for two years by WADA. If Essendon are smart they will try and get as many of the probable banned players to differing clubs as possible. It dilutes the effect it will have on them and having other clubs effected by bans may improve their bargaining power if/when sanctions arise!

I am a great believer in things happening for a reason and he (Carlisle) chosing Carlton will have its reasons in time!
Really. If the real reason is based on travelling to Seaford and not because of one club having a better future than the other then that would say a bit about lack of character. What a f****** lame excuse

stkfc1
Club Player

MadSaintFan wrote:Not sure that it is as 'cut and dry' that he's off to Carlton as Jaxons has made out.
That may be so, but I can tell you that St Kilda has made a significant play for him in the last couple of weeks. I think from Carlisle's point point of view more money may be the determining factor - but if its not, then the presentation which Bains, Finnis and Richo can put forward to him would be far more compelling that Carlton's (a team with the worst list in the AFL, no permenant coach, a disorganized back office and 4-5 years away from being competitive).
Yeah. I'd say this has hair on it. If Seaford is the problem, we're only there for another year. Carlton is screwed for the next 5 years. I couldn't imagine the money on offer would be that different. Anyone with half a brain would take the team with a better future. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not fazed either way so long as we're not paying ridiculous overs for him.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Seaford stuff is crap. As much as I think it's a hole, it'd have no baring whatsoever on Carlisle's or anyone else's decision to come to us or not. Primarily because it'll only be for 12 months before we are back at Moorabbin, and secondly because the $$'s on offer would make any drive to any destination far more luxurious and comfortable. He's been travelling to Tullamarine for 5 years for crying out loud.

So far we have Aish and Treloar to the Pies, Carlisle to Blues, Danger to Cats, Prestia to Demons, Shultz to Freo.... I'm guessing maybe 1 out of that 6 will eventuate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jaxons wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:
St Chris wrote:

Just for the record Plugger you say i have been right 50% of the time.
The only thing I got wrong was suggesting Choco would be coach instead of Richo.
And I wont make excuses for that, but Choco had the job until he stuffed it up himself by a ridiculous interview and stupid comments.
Wrong one, right one. 50%. And I didn't say it anyway. I would have probably said lower than 50% right. And to those who think Seaford is an issue I think people need to find out where Rice lives.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: Wrong one, right one. 50%. And I didn't say it anyway. I would have probably said lower than 50% right. And to those who think Seaford is an issue I think people need to find out where Rice lives.

Maybe he doesn't want to go back to Moorabbin because that where his dad did his knee?????

You are garbage - Enough said
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Plugger do you ever have an original thought? Or does you whole life exist for quoting and criticising others?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!