No TV Coverage?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: No TV Coverage?

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:piss poor by the AFL..all of these matches should be free to air

And if Channel 7 don't want to show the practice games then how can they be shown. They don't rate because they mean nothing. No FTA channel would want them. That's why they are now only on Foxtel. Got any other Australian sports that show practice games on any sort of station? I cant think of any.
sorry but that is garbage...I did say sorry so please Plugger don't come back at me too hard "it's not a crime to be wrong on on here" so relax....

is it about 7 not wanting to ? they mean nothing ? really ? the whole thing is controlled by the AFL and who they give the rites to.

These practice games are sought after by every footy fan in Australia ...stupid comment..oops sorry again...go easy on me....dumb...sorry terets .

Sorry but that is clearly wrong and I base that on common sense. If they were well rated shows they would be shown on channel 7. They don't rate so they were given to Foxtel vy channel 7. Happy for you to come back with a common sense answer why that is wrong. And I am wrong most times but when common sense is involved my percentage goes to close to 30%. This is one of the thirty.

saint6709
Club Player

Sorry if this posted elsewhere - but will the video be on the saints site if unable to watch live ??

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

the NAB cup would rate well , I have no doubt about that. This of course is my own personnel thought on this. having said that I'm Sure the majority would agree with me

why the AFL and the media do what they do is upto them but everyone is prone to mistakes....the AFL needs to have more control over this, possibly implement these instructions in their next contract.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:the NAB cup would rate well , I have no doubt about that. This of course is my own personnel thought on this. having said that I'm Sure the majority would agree with me

why the AFL and the media do what they do is upto them but everyone is prone to mistakes....the AFL needs to have more control over this, possibly implement these instructions in their next contract.

It didn't when it was a knock out comp. It would rate worse being a practice match. The first part is fact, the second is a common sense opinion based on fact. The AFL are obviously happy to have games on Foxtel and for less than $2 a day I cant see the issue is getting it for many people.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the NAB cup would rate well , I have no doubt about that. This of course is my own personnel thought on this. having said that I'm Sure the majority would agree with me

It didn't when it was a knock out comp. It would rate worse being a practice match. The first part is fact, the second is a common sense opinion based on fact. The AFL are obviously happy to have games on Foxtel and for less than $2 a day I cant see the issue is getting it for many people.
Nothing stays the same...I reckon it would rate now. Again just an opinion which I'm sure you will counter.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Nothing stays the same...I reckon it would rate now. Again just an opinion which I'm sure you will counter.

I will when it lacks common sense. Care to explain why it would rate better now than I reckon?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I will when it lacks common sense. Care to explain why it would rate better now than I reckon?
first game and a football starved public would switch on......that doesn't seem to lack commonsense to me. as I said it's a hunch . You seem to know a bit about the ratings, where did you get that info ?

saint-stu
Club Player

Lots of people very keen to get a look at the young players.

What a difference a change at the top makes. I can't imagine Dimmy doing anything like this.

Well done Gillon!

1ac46a38
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

first game and a football starved public would switch on......that doesn't seem to lack commonsense to me. as I said it's a hunch . You seem to know a bit about the ratings, where did you get that info ?

You do realise when it was last on FTA people were footy staved and they didn't switch on. You can look up TV rating on the internet or you can remember what was said when it went full time on Foxtel. Get Foxtel and then you can see most games. Its only just under $2 a day.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:Lots of people very keen to get a look at the young players.

What a difference a change at the top makes. I can't imagine Dimmy doing anything like this.

Well done Gillon!
Yes,a very nice change. The footy public matter once more. Good show, old boy.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sorry but I've searched the net, can't find the ratings for pre season games.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Sorry but I've searched the net, can't find the ratings for pre season games.

Look harder they were there 2 years ago. Or think about this. Would a TV on sell a good rating show to Foxtel? Maybe they aren't even selling it. They may have given it to Foxtel.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Care to explain why it would rate better now than I reckon?
Because Australia are all out for 151 and McCullum will have the game well and truly over by the time the footy starts.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Care to explain why it would rate better now than I reckon?
Because Australia are all out for 151 and McCullum will have the game well and truly over by the time the footy starts.

I didn't think of that. You are right.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Sorry but I've searched the net, can't find the ratings for pre season games.

Look harder they were there 2 years ago. Or think about this. Would a TV on sell a good rating show to Foxtel? Maybe they aren't even selling it. They may have given it to Foxtel.
or think about this. Maybe Foxtel wanted them and made a good offer. Maybe 7 stuffed up and in the future the AFL may want these games to go out the footy public to better promote the game .

I reckon the the skunks/ dorks game would have rated it's socks off...anyone else on here agree ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

or think about this. Maybe Foxtel wanted them and made a good offer. Maybe 7 stuffed up and in the future the AFL may want these games to go out the footy public to better promote the game .

I reckon the the skunks/ dorks game would have rated it's socks off...anyone else on here agree ?
It certainly wouldn't have rated as much as MKR. Im going with 7 knowing more than both of us. Do you really think they would move MKR for a practice game? Not a hope. They know what rates more and it isn't the footy.