Just signed jason holmes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: Just signed jason holmes

Oh cmon what else do we expect???

Don't fall for the bait.
Ignore feature works a charm

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

last word on this ... i dont forget the 90% of the time when you side with the club i dont doubt you love the club and want the club to do well , i think you just choose to always go with the opposing view of the rest of SS .. if the forum is excited by something you see it as a negative , if the forum is angry at something you see it as fair , if the forum is critical of the club your on the clubs side .... you would be hard pressed to find a post on here where your views are not against that of the majority of posters ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Getting back to Jason.....

if this guy becomes even a vaguely good player I think he could be great marketing material for the club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:last word on this ... i dont forget the 90% of the time when you side with the club i dont doubt you love the club and want the club to do well , i think you just choose to always go with the opposing view of the rest of SS .. if the forum is excited by something you see it as a negative , if the forum is angry at something you see it as fair , if the forum is critical of the club your on the clubs side .... you would be hard pressed to find a post on here where your views are not against that of the majority of posters ....

Yes when you agree it means so much when people say +1. That adds so much and anyway i disagee with what you say. To prove you are wrong I dont often agree with BM and neither do most people but of course thats different. he doesnt annoy you like I obviously do. If you are looking for someone who is against most people and bags the club then jump on him. The funny thing is you help the club and I did for 15 years. We should be brothers in arms.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda FC‏@stkildafc4m
Listen to our new recruit, International Rookie @Jay_Griffen42 aka Jason Holmes on @3AWSportsToday just after the 7pm news

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:Yes when you agree it means so much when people say +1.
+1

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

classic if jason holmes googled himself. came across this thread thinking oh wonder how these saints fans are going to welcome me aboard and walks straight bang into a plugger66 spat!
classic.
welcome aboard holmesy! :D :D

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
St Kilda FC‏@stkildafc4m
Listen to our new recruit, International Rookie @Jay_Griffen42 aka Jason Holmes on @3AWSportsToday just after the 7pm news
He speaks well. Didn't say much, not a very in depth interview. Comes from a very sporting family. He's just glad to have been selected, and hopes to do okay. Has only really known about the game for a few months, so he'll have a lot to learn. He said all the international wannabes know about Mike Pyke.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Welcome to St.K. Jason Holmes

Welcome to St.Kilda Jason, very happy to have you as part of the team.
as a genuinely good basketballer I'm hoping you acquaint yourself with the game of afl asap and learn the skills while bringing your own skills to afl football. Good Luck.

G O J A S O N H O L M E S !
G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Welcome to St.K. Jason Holmes

Megamaguire wrote:Welcome to St.Kilda Jason, very happy to have you as part of the team.
as a genuinely good basketballer I'm hoping you acquaint yourself with the game of afl asap and learn the skills while bringing your own skills to afl football. Good Luck.

G O S A I N T S !
surely he can get a mill year playing bball in europe or asia?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Megamaguire wrote:Welcome to St.Kilda Jason, very happy to have you as part of the team.

G O S A I N T S !
surely he can get a mill year playing bball in europe or asia?
Obviously not.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:surely he can get a mill year playing bball in europe or asia?
If he makes it as a player, then I think as the first tall and good looking black American to succeed in our game he will do VERY well in sponsorship, advertising deals, etc.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:last word on this ... i dont forget the 90% of the time when you side with the club i dont doubt you love the club and want the club to do well , i think you just choose to always go with the opposing view of the rest of SS .. if the forum is excited by something you see it as a negative , if the forum is angry at something you see it as fair , if the forum is critical of the club your on the clubs side .... you would be hard pressed to find a post on here where your views are not against that of the majority of posters ....

Yes when you agree it means so much when people say +1. That adds so much and anyway i disagee with what you say. To prove you are wrong I dont often agree with BM and neither do most people but of course thats different. he doesnt annoy you like I obviously do. If you are looking for someone who is against most people and bags the club then jump on him. The funny thing is you help the club and I did for 15 years. We should be brothers in arms.

To be fair he's nuts and you are contrary. It's like Idi Amin saying he's a good bloke because Pol Pot was an A hole.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A good idea... But it's a long shot! Keep that in mind...

If he gets a kick, the hysteria on here will be unbearable I reckon.... Make 'the next big thing' Rhys Stanley 2010 look understated..... Even Arryn 'BJ'Siposs

Some have already indicated we can now get rid of a 24yo first round selection Ruckman with 6 years development, 80 games 20 odd hit outs 12 ppg, takes contested marks and is already a club leader?? On a guy who first saw AFL 12 months ago?!

If he doesn't get a kick, the opposite will be true... He'll be smashed... Lets just let the fella learn and see what happens....

A worthy experiment for sure, explore ALL avenues IMO

dragit
Saintsational Legend

We did convert Walsh into Markworth & Wilkes, so I guess it wasn't a completely failed exercise.

Maybe Sydney will give us 35 & 68 for the Holme-dog in a couple of years…

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Plugger, did you really post that...

Aww....what about BM? Why don't you join me, and be anti him? He hates the club (as I obviously do)...seriously, that's pathetic, WTF did I have to do with your little squabble? And I love your desperate... We should be brothers... Gawd

What a post. FFS
Your simply obsessed!

Here's the truth p66

It irks you what I post... Because deep down, you know the club continually f**** up, but you don't want to believe it, to admit it or even hear it... When I point out things (some of which can be incorrect, they are really just opinions) you refuse to accept validity because its not what you WANT to believe...

If someone call a player great... It's just an opinion.... But that's rarely challenged for evidence... It's universally allowed on SS...
A person gives an opinion that a player is crap.....also an opinion.... It's treason.... Not allowed

You think that I seriously believe I know better than Paid PROFESSIONAL Employees at a professional sporting club?! That's your take, I never pretend as much, have stated it many times.... But that doesn't mean that I won't give a straight forward honest OPINION... Again, you just can't accept someone challenging decisions, made by those you hold in high regard, and put absolute faith in....

What I do believe, is that football wise.... Through 25 years of playing, coaching and watching... I have a fair understanding of the game as a supporter, and most on here that have seen me have a kick can attest to fact I can play a bit, and those who've had a chat to me realise that I know a bit like B4E, HD, Solar, Sav and a few others. They also know I am a hard core fan who bleeds RBW ... Another thing you don't accept I think

2 things you don't do

You don't ever comment on the many positive posts I make?

You don't ever admit when a call I make turns out accurate?

Oh, And you also clutch at a few old straws (that are not even that significant) when your either upset or struggling...

Me
I think you're a good saints man.... If you got off your obsession with me, stopped being an antagonistic devils advocate to everyone and allowed a contrary opinion.... I would take more notice of your commentary, albeit lacking in actual football discussion and generally just contrary comments to other posters....

The fact is.... You generally just take the party line

Btw
I loved your use of 'MOST PEOPLE' in your post.... Mmm....

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Your simply obsessed!
Pot kettle black.

Agree with what you said about Holmes. He is now officially the next big thing, until he's not.
Good to see the club thinking outside the box. Let's hope they get the more basic things right in the next few weeks.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Ffs :roll:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do you think he needed to bring me into this argument.... He was having with Trav? Am I allowed to retort on that?

I was obsessed with defending myself against him up until 6 months ago.... Gets to the point where he replies within 1 minute of every post I make, on any topic? It did wind me up... Now it interests me...

But this was poor IMO

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Do you think he needed to bring me into this argument.... He was having with Trav? Am I allowed to retort on that?

I was obsessed with defending myself against him up until 6 months ago.... Gets to the point where he replies within 1 minute of every post I make, on any topic? It did wind me up... Now it interests me...

But this was poor IMO
How do you even know he wrote about you? It wasn't quoted, you say he is on your ignore list…

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Quoted by Gringo

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Mehhh.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Now we have John holmes and tommy lee surely we need to go after 'Ron' Jeremy Cameron ?

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Do you think he needed to bring me into this argument.... He was having with Trav?
Don't know, I didn't read it, just skipped it.
BigMart wrote:Gets to the point where he replies within 1 minute of every post I make, on any topic? It did wind me up... Now it interests me...
Two options, as I see it. Put him on ignore, and REALLY ignore him, instead of continually repeating "I can't hear you.."
Or take him off ignore, and debate his points. Most of his replies to you are actually commenting on what you've said. Personally, I'd rather read you two discussing footy than read this ongoing cold war approach.
Discussion makes the forum more interesting IMO.

Some more photos of Jason here.
https://usafl.com/galleries/2013/afl-us ... on-holmes#

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Quoted by Gringo
sorry mate.

Let's move on everyone, c'mon.