Gillard picks GC to win!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gillard picks GC to win!

twirlyhair wrote:
civilwar1 wrote:Galaxy Poll Poll, Newspoll, Essential Poll to name three! And the facts of the surplus to huge deficit are ther to see in any newspaper in the land.
Again, if you had read my reponse, i am not disputing the newspaper polls. Howard was this far behind at one stage. Rather I am disuting yours and his version of the state of the economy. How do you think we stack up internationally, particulalry after the world has experienced the greatest economic setback since the 1930s. I welcome your opinion.
The mining industry has helped stabilise our economy to a large degree. All these handouts are now promoting to the govt to remove the 30% rebate for high income earners completely and now they want to increase the super tax. The problem is lack of a proper revamp of our tax system rather than a piece meal approach attacking one segment. Not staying the Libs will do any better though.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

civilwar1 wrote:Labor’s now gone in six years from a net surplus - surplus of $45 billion - to a net debt of probably $160 billion by the next Budget.
Factually incorrect
civilwar1 wrote: They show no signs of stopping this wasteful spending on consumption-related items, and not enough money on investment-related items.
Yes - middle class welfare, which was supposed to be slowed by this government after the rampant waste of Howard/Costello has not happened. One of the biggest dissapointments of this govt IMHO.

OTOH BER, and the NBN are two great achievements of infrastructure that will last generations.
civilwar1 wrote:This sort of unchecked spending ie increasing handouts when votes are needed, instead of promoting people to get back to work
Umm - unemployment @ 5.4%. Didn't get much over 6% even during the GFC meltdown that crushed almost every developed country. A small fact that really irritates the lunar right.

Oh what is our debt to GDP ratio in comparision to other OECD countries BTW????
civilwar1 wrote:as well as attacking the big businesses that actually create the jobs
Yes poor big business, attacked mercilessly. How will they cope. What a dumb arsed stupid factually incorrect thing to post.
civilwar1 wrote: is not a sure way to to keep us above other countries economies.
But we have been the envy of other economies since the GFC. Dont let facts get in the way of a good ignorant rant though, it is highly amusing.
civilwar1 wrote:It will lead us down that way in time, if not stopped now.
Talking points provided by Peta Credlin, spoken by Alan Jones/ Ray Hadley/ Steve Price/Denis Shanahan/ Miranda Devine/Andrew Bolt et al.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
civilwar1 wrote:Galaxy Poll Poll, Newspoll, Essential Poll to name three! And the facts of the surplus to huge deficit are ther to see in any newspaper in the land.
Again, if you had read my reponse, i am not disputing the newspaper polls. Howard was this far behind at one stage. Rather I am disuting yours and his version of the state of the economy. How do you think we stack up internationally, particulalry after the world has experienced the greatest economic setback since the 1930s. I welcome your opinion.
The mining industry has helped stabilise our economy to a large degree. All these handouts are now promoting to the govt to remove the 30% rebate for high income earners completely and now they want to increase the super tax. The problem is lack of a proper revamp of our tax system rather than a piece meal approach attacking one segment. Not staying the Libs will do any better though.

I agree. Need to slow the middle income welfare that Howard/Costello embedded and Rudd/Gillard/Swan has continued. Problem is that whenever the govt now tries to haul it back it the Tabloids scream "Class Warefare" and wheel out a middle class family showing how hard hit they will be.

The tax sysyem is a farce, but their was a comprehensive tax review released a couple of yeard back that the govt ignored.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
twirlyhair
Club Player

civilwar1 wrote:Labor’s now gone in six years from a net surplus - surplus of $45 billion - to a net debt of probably $160 billion by the next Budget. They show no signs of stopping this wasteful spending on consumption-related items, and not enough money on investment-related items. This sort of unchecked spending ie increasing handouts when votes are needed, instead of promoting people to get back to work as well as attacking the big businesses that actually create the jobs, is not a sure way to to keep us above other countries economies. It will lead us down that way in time, if not stopped now.
Thanks for your thoughts Civil. Yes we have increased our debt, but I shudder to think what would have happened to our economy ifnthe Government had not had increased spending when money was drying up all over the world. As a result we have very low employment, very high wages (in comparison to international standards), and 21 years of economic growth, something that just about every country in the world can only dream about. We have also maintained our triple a rating, something that the US nor the UK have been able to do. I think we are doing pretty well. Sorry for any typos, my rather large fingers find it hard to negotiate the keys on the ipad.

civilwar1

joffaboy wrote:
civilwar1 wrote:Labor’s now gone in six years from a net surplus - surplus of $45 billion - to a net debt of probably $160 billion by the next Budget.
Factually incorrect

Really Joffa, what are the real facts?? Do tell!! I did not make them up!! they are facts!
civilwar1 wrote: They show no signs of stopping this wasteful spending on consumption-related items, and not enough money on investment-related items.
Yes - middle class welfare, which was supposed to be slowed by this government after the rampant waste of Howard/Costello has not happened. One of the biggest dissapointments of this govt IMHO.

OTOH BER, and the NBN are two great achievements of infrastructure that will last generations.

The BER a great achievement?? The NDN?? how many houses has it reached and what number did they promise?? By the time it gets to al they say it will be obsolete! WIFI??
civilwar1 wrote:This sort of unchecked spending ie increasing handouts when votes are needed, instead of promoting people to get back to work
Umm - unemployment @ 5.4%. Didn't get much over 6% even during the GFC meltdown that crushed almost every developed country. A small fact that really irritates the lunar right.

Thank goodness for the surplus we had at the time eh!!

Oh what is our debt to GDP ratio in comparision to other OECD countries BTW????

A quote from David Murray (headed the Commonwealth Bank, before becoming first chairman of the Future Fund, in charge of more than $70 billion of the nation’s savings.)

DAVID MURRAY: Well, it is much more sensitive than you imagine. Firstly, net debt is not the right number, because bondholders don’t have a right of set-off against the other Government assets. So the correct number is gross debt - which is about $300 billion, or 20% of GDP. But along with that, that debt, Australia has a structural current account deficit. Even in 21 years of growth, and the best terms of trade boom in 150 years, the Government has still not got an economy that has a substantial trade surplus, and does not have a current account deficit. Australia’s net foreign liabilities offshore are 57% of GDP, which is very high, and the private sector in Australia, unlike the UK or the United States, does not have net foreign assets. So we have a country in which there are high fixed costs in the Commonwealth budget, there’s a structural budget deficit, a structural current account deficit, and for these reasons, the Australian federal Budget has to remain close to neutral through the cycle.

I know Joffa this will be way beyond your intelligence level, but do try to keep up!!!
civilwar1 wrote:as well as attacking the big businesses that actually create the jobs
Yes poor big business, attacked mercilessly. How will they cope. What a dumb arsed stupid factually incorrect thing to post.

What a dumb arsed stupid reply with no evidence of any common sense! If big business is continually attacked we the people will lose jobs. Simple fact even for a simple mind like yours!!
civilwar1 wrote: is not a sure way to to keep us above other countries economies.
But we have been the envy of other economies since the GFC. Dont let facts get in the way of a good ignorant rant though, it is highly amusing.

The point was, if we allow the labor party and its supporters continue down the current path then we will eventually NOT be above other economies. Do try to keep up oh ignorant, vitriolic and asinine one!!
civilwar1 wrote:It will lead us down that way in time, if not stopped now.
Talking points provided by Peta Credlin, spoken by Alan Jones/ Ray Hadley/ Steve Price/Denis Shanahan/ Miranda Devine/Andrew Bolt et al.
Thank you for espousing the thoughts of your beloved leader Jooliar, it is always good to hear the other side.No matter how warped and bathed in ignorance. Will still have free speech,just!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I still prefer her to Abbott.
+1

The Mad Monk is "an intellectual nobody", a bully and a clown. There'll be a comedy of errors to come after he has ensconced himself as PM.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Regardless of your politics, how the hell has this thread not been moved to the General Forum?

The connection to the Saints was tenuous at the outset, but with the game now part of history it's all a bit ridiculous.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Regardless of your politics, how the hell has this thread not been moved to the General Forum?

The connection to the Saints was tenuous at the outset, but with the game now part of history it's all a bit ridiculous.
Because there are quite clearly no mods on this site anymore.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

does anyone have any ideas about who civilwar1 was in a previous incarnation
or at least the contact for his drug dealer?

Seeya
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

civilwar1 wrote:[
Will still have free speech,just!

lol - no we dont.

My god your ignorance know no end. Dill :roll:

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:does anyone have any ideas about who civilwar1 was in a previous incarnation

Adolph Hitler??

Lance or James??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Howard government was recently named the most wasteful in our history the wit lam government wasn't by an overseas accountancy firm. I am away and not going to google and link it but look it up for yourself. Conservative myth that they build up the economy slash and burn assets drop infrastructure spending and say budget should run in surplus. Idiotic economics for plebs.