CJ to Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pffft
freo lad
so obviously he's going back 'home' to be with ross :roll:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:pffft
freo lad
so obviously he's going back 'home' to be with ross :roll:
Oh, you might laugh now Matrix, but when Ray, Cripps, Ledger head West, Roo returns to the Gold Coast, Gilbert to NSW, Fisher and Stanley to SA, Raph to NT, plus James Gwilt to Papua New Guinea and Tommy Walsh to Eire, we'll be absolutely stuffed!!! It's gonna happen, you know it makes sense. :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

nah we'll be right
we'll still have BJ :D :roll:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:nah we'll be right
we'll still have BJ :D :roll:
He's going to the Blues...supported them as a kid.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: I hope the opposition keeps it up next year then...very nice of them to continually give us 20 possessions, 1 goal and 5 tackles per game for free. Yeah, he does drop a few clangers from time to time, but makes up for it easily.

I can vouch that you are not an overnighter when it comes to writing CJ off Skeptic, but thought, since you'd been watching him you might have noticed how valuable he's been to us the last few years.
Don't get me wrong...

I in no way dispute that the guy is arguably the hardest working player on our list.
Got the absolute most out of him self... a great example of hard work and determination, perseverence etc etc great example

the guy is a champion in that sense

I just don't think he's that good
You watch him when he has good games and u see him destroy his opponent and provide run the other way and you think what a gun...
but then you watch him the rest of the time and he turns th ball over regularly, slows play down, not as effective on his opponent and you just get the sense that if we could get another player whose disposal was a bit better we'd have such an asset

He's not an elite player. He's a GOP that plays a few really good games a year and a lot of average ones.

I don't mean to make it sound personal but great teams don't have players with such overt weaknesses in them

in the early half of 2010... he was playing consistently great footy and I actually thought he was about to take the next step...
for mine he never took it... ppl remember the good with him but ignore the bad that happens just as often

SaintWodonga
Club Player

worth Freo's 2nd round pick at best!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Saintersss
Club Player

skeptic wrote:
degruch wrote: I hope the opposition keeps it up next year then...very nice of them to continually give us 20 possessions, 1 goal and 5 tackles per game for free. Yeah, he does drop a few clangers from time to time, but makes up for it easily.

I can vouch that you are not an overnighter when it comes to writing CJ off Skeptic, but thought, since you'd been watching him you might have noticed how valuable he's been to us the last few years.

I just don't think he's that good
You watch him when he has good games and u see him destroy his opponent and provide run the other way and you think what a gun...
but then you watch him the rest of the time and he turns th ball over regularly, slows play down, not as effective on his opponent and you just get the sense that if we could get another player whose disposal was a bit better we'd have such an asset

He's not an elite player. He's a GOP that plays a few really good games a year and a lot of average ones.
No one thinks he is elite. But, that doesn't mean he isn't clearly entrenched in the 22. Unfortunately no team in the competition has 22 elite players. All teams have good players who just aren't in that top echleon, but still vital to the side. CJ is one of those.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i'd snap that up in a second...

he's 28 right... promed to start slowing down... what would he be without his pace?